Sign in to follow this  
Niki

Anything else besides painted sheep? ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

I'll probably sound entitled or a spoiled brat with this thread, but I really look forward to Holiday's/events in Wurm. Lately they've been pretty lackluster overall, minus the Halloween event which I thought was fairly good. Whole thing seems low effort and not engaging. 

Do they really not drop anything for killing them then? ?

9502e5250bacc830a9b760c07844e603.jpg

Just the sheepishly feeling of.. wasting a perfectly good wool source this winter.

8 hours ago, Niki said:

Do they really not drop anything for killing them then?

It is not really about killing sheep but a Rorschach test of the significance of a broken heart to the individual that perceives it through this visual representation. Look carefully at the outlined center of that broken heart shape. What do you see inside of it? Perhaps a snarling baby sheep head of an unborn sheep that will never be because of the hasty impertinence for killing the potential parent? A lesson of caution perhaps to those who would kill these poor hapless denizens of Wurminion? Are not all sheep really followers at heart? Ah ha!

=Ayes=

I think it's great, personally.  Not every holiday has produce something that can be sold later, sometimes it's just about logging in to see what cute minor change to the world happened.  Personally, I'd be fine with just Xmas producing a gift, and everything else being just pretty landscape stuff.

• Like 2

Here, I have some spare bottles of Rolf's pee from my premium reward.

• Like 3

It's better to have big updates with content that helps the game long term, than slow everything down for short "holiday" event periods

• Like 3

tbh I love the sheep, It's cute and pretty unique while it doesn't give everyone some trinket just to make a profit in a few months/years.

It also didn't "waste" too much effort on as said above a short event.

Maybe, but short events are an easy way to give life to an old game. That's why most mmos have seasonal events. Its something for players to look forward to.

I agree in that we dont need some trinket or reward. What we need tho is interactive events for us to do things with and have some fun. This is particularly difficult due to the nature of our game, but I think @Retrogradehas done amazing work with it in the past with the Maze for example. 

Personally thats the kind of event I'd love to see more of.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beanbag said:

The last time we got a present, what happened?

Were were presented with one if present. Presently it may not be present due to that absence. The advice then being gleaned is that although presents may be presented at times there can also be a precedent set that may deter their presentment. Then again this could be a mere predicament of dissatisfaction the absence of which would prove little provided insight into further speculations but then again again I am not sure what you are getting at here so I refrain from further brief comment.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ayes said:

Were were presented with one if present. Presently it may not be present due to that absence. The advice then being gleaned is that although presents may be presented at times there can also be a precedent set that may deter their presentment. Then again this could be a mere predicament of dissatisfaction the absence of which would prove little provided insight into further speculations but then again again I am not sure what you are getting at here so I refrain from further brief comment.

=Ayes=

My small brain got lost once this paragraph was presented.

• Like 1