Sign in to follow this  
Ikeprof

PVEpLands Latest Updates

Just a quick video highlighting some new mechanics and features of the server.  

• Magic System Updates
  • Village Doggo Mechanics
  • Mob Pack/Social Mechanics
  • Mob Migration Mechanics
  • Enhanced Pet Mechanics

All other normal server features as per http://pveplands.com/showthread.php?tid=10&pid=13#pid13

This server is really more designed for players that are self sufficient and know base level Wurm gameplay.  It is a free server that is made available for use.  As such no expectation of service should be made.  Though there are GM's available, they do not readily remedy player "situations" that are not a bug.  If you create a problem for yourself, it is expected that you resolve it yourself or with the help of other players.

We are happy to have players, but we don't vote the server up or ask people to promote it.   There are plenty of servers available for people to choose from. 

Server Map - http://www.pveplands.com/map/

Video - 

(fun early prototyping work of the mob migration/mob interspecies combat  This was before separation by mob type was enabled so they ALL migrated the same direction...dumb) - 

Edited by Ikeprof
  • Like 1

02/22/19 - Update

Cleaned up Pet commands menu on wand to only show when pet is active while right clicking on the wand itself.

Fixed a bug in pet defend code

Updated pet attack code to use same movement mechanics as follow

Attempt to fix intermittent issue where previous pet would remain tame/charm/dom'd after new pet is established.  Fix will forcibly remove dominator when player/pet correlation does not exist.

Added Pathfinding command to be used with treasure maps.  Pet will lead you to the rough general area of the treasure chest at which point the scent will become too strong.  Pet will defend itself while pathfinding, but will not defend the player unless the pet is commanded to defend.  Pathfinding can be resumed after combat.

Increased frequency, reduced distance of mob migration mechanics in hopes of making it more fluid and visible that packs are migrating.

Reduced frequency of updates to pet/player shared buffs as it was unnecessarily often.

Master's pain frequency increased to allow pet to player damage transfer to be more smooth.

Edited by Ikeprof

Its far from a vanilla game. Its magic based gameplay. A real challange i reccomend everybody to play

• Like 1

BUMP !

Server is just amazing ! Playing   one day and know will stay for a long time.  Wielding  magic staf and using combat pets...  So much changes in animal behaviour.  Village dogs follows you around your deed and defend you. Domestic cats running  in your backyard.  And that field mouse sneeking  through my crops... =).

All kind of animals moving in wild in packs, fight in packs.  Combat with  animals is a bit harder. When you attack one or attacked by one, other joins to help.

Lucky, you can run into fenced area and use magic through fences. Can refill your favor  by soulstealing from corpses.  Or make soul crystals so you  can use it later, like vesseled gems.

Join the club and try something different !

Edited by MarkSilard
  • Like 1

I must say I was skeptical at first on how this was all going to work.    I'm really impressed with the magic-based combat and the mob migration & herd mechanics even though it's pretty scary at times and so easy to get swarmed beyond what you were expecting. (those danged Sol Demons are soooo persistent)   lol

I highly recommend this server for anyone who thinks Wurm combat is lackluster & uninteresting, and is looking for more challenge & the need for tactics.  Not to mention the ability to use pets effectively if that's your thing.  I'm still very low level and learning the ropes, so I don't have a handle on all the nuances yet.  So, needless to say it's still *extremely* challenging for me with death as an ever present danger just setting foot off deed.  lol.  But it's also very addicting.   Great job on a very nice server!

Edited by Amadee