Sign in to follow this  
Chromega

Newly cooked full house pizza affinity timers have been greatly reduced?

Edit: The issue appears to be caused by using pre-chopped ingredients from an FSB. Chopping the ingredients in my inventory instead has fixed the timer. Thank you Locath for bringing that up.

--------------

So I noticed this just somewhat recently when I had to make a replacement Body Control pizza since mine is now a single bite from being gone.

I tend to make full house pizzas with 28-29 total ingredients using recipes generated from: http://wurm.azurewebsites.net/

Typically it looks something like this before I move the ingredients into the rare baking stone in the oven I'm using: https://i.imgur.com/zCjIQL3.png

Usually this nets me a 9kg~ pizza that gives me a good 11-12 hour timer. Recently however It's been consistently around 3 hours using the same recipes.

This reduced timer is the same on both my main which does not have the Fix Cooking Affinities option on and an alt that I turned it on.

I recently tried cooking with a non-rare baking stone in the rare oven, and later a rare baking stone in a non-rare oven to the same result.

This only appears to affect recently cooked pizzas as the old wrapped ones in the larder are still giving me 11-12 hour timers.

I use a rare oven and rare baking stone, have 90+ HFC, and am the last person to hold and drop the baking stones. The pizzas are still coming out around 90ql.

I asked about this in CA Help the other day but they couldn't say if it was an intended change or bug. Another player said they hadn't noticed any changes so I've decided to post this here.

Edited by Chromega
Found cause
  • Like 1

Did you pull your herbs and spices from a fsb/crate?

There was a recent bug fix,  that fixed the fact the fsb herbs and spices kept there freshness, even after being put in fsb. 

Just now, Ohana said:

Did you pull your herbs and spices from a fsb/crate?

There was a recent bug fix,  that fixed the fact the fsb herbs and spices kept there freshness. 

I do pull my herbs and spices from an FSB. All of them are pre-chopped/ground.

I don't believe I have restocked that particular FSB for sometime. Certainly not during the time I was aware of that bug.

I will try making another after removing them all from that fsb and putting them back in.

This seems like chopped and then stored ingredients bug. Not sure if it was ever fixed, didn't see an update or response from staff about it.

Don't know if this was passed to the devs because there is no acknowledgement but just in case stopped storing pre-chopped ingredients and instead chop them just before cooking.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Locath said:

This seems like chopped and then stored ingredients bug. Not sure if it was ever fixed, didn't see an update or response from staff about it.

Don't know if this was passed to the devs because there is no acknowledgement but just in case stopped storing pre-chopped ingredients and instead chop them just before cooking.

-snip-

Can now confirm this appears to be the issue.

Remade the Body Control pizza with 12h timer by chopping up the ingredients in my inventory.

That's rather disappointing, I liked my pre-chopped setup for making pizza.

I'll edit my first post to reflect this. Thank you Locath.

Edited by Chromega

bumped, an important one for those Wurmians who want to pre chop their veggies.

This is a duplicate of the issue linked in a reply above.

Is it possible that this bugs still persists? Ive been getting very low timers recently. 25 ingredient pizzas at 80+ QL, no duplicates, 3 sausages and only 2h on first bite. I do use pre-cut veggies from the fsb usually.

Edited by Josso

It's not a bug, as explained above, it happens if you use prechopped ingredients from the fsb, instead of freshly chopped ingredients.

Devs apparently intended it to work this way.

I started after steam release. My timers went down dramatically recently. Today I was told that it may have to do with using dough from an fsb.  I have "old" pizzas with 9h first bite and now with much higher skill I produce 2h first bite pizzas. Seems like a bug to me.