Sign in to follow this  
Milo

Closed due to lack of interest.

https://jack13archie.wixsite.com/mysite

Free deed with upkeep.

Skill gain x2

Action timer x3

70,000 Mobs 60% Aggressive 

There is a genuinely hand made map. There are mods. There are mobs. Good luck. 

Feel free to use whatever client side mods you want. Since they can't be detected and some people use them why not everyone. 

There are only these rules:

No griefing

Be nice to one another

Only one character logged on at a time

If it isn't yours leave it

Don't deed within 100 tiles of another deed unless they say it's ok

No land bridges

The rest is up to you and your fellow castaways.

Edited by Milo

When you say "if it isn't yours leave it" can you please be more specific?  Does this mean players can't log or dig clay unless they own the deed, for example?

Also, is it a slow or a fast server?  That would make a difference to whether or not I was going to try it.  ?

Did you dig the clay or did someone else dig the clay? Did you cut down the tree or did someone else cut down the tree? Did you mine the shards or did someone else mine the shards? Is that your saw on the ground? Did you put the horse in the pen? It's fairly simple.

It's a discovery server. You discover what it is and how things work. What fun would a discovery server be if you were told everything. Not much to discover then. But what is revealed is the skill gain (1.3) and the action speed (2). And you can use whatever client side mods you want. Make it as easy or hard as you please. ?

Ahhhhh, I just logged in!  This is definitely a tougher server, but fun!

nm, resolved.

Edited by Batta

Also, since there is no starter town and no settlement tokens, we can't check our bank balances.  Would you maybe get that for us from ServerTweaks mod?  

Yeah, few people stay where they first plant crops. Most just want to get a start and/or build a rowboat. Then they look for a permanent spot. And on this map there are lots of really nice places. ?

BTW, the 100 tile thing only applies to deeds. First deed gets dibs. Trying to control non deeds can be a real pain. Going to be hard enough with deeds that no one can really see or know about. Might have to do away with that one to save my sanity. ?

Edited by Milo
  • Like 1

This looks like a challenge. Im gonna test it when i get time. Whats the size of the map, and how many players are there?

There are two ways your questions can be answered. By people who have discovered the answers themselves or by discovering the answers yourself. Sorry.

7 people on currently which is the most I've seen so far. First rowboats have been made and explorations started, but not sure how big the map is at this point. One explorer says at least 4k but probably not 8k. I can say its beautiful with a lot of variety and places to settle:)

Edited by Kamiraa
  • Like 1

It's a beautiful world, very difficult but feels more "real world" than most.  I even got to feel some thrills of fear when running from mobs and such.  ?  

If you like a challenge and don't mind the grind, this is a good one.

Also, don't count on a safe and easy spawn area. Be prepared to run and/or swim almost immediately!  I died by not being prepared and taking too long to choose my face, lol.

Edited by Batta

Been playing the past few days, server is great. Map is truly handcrafted and beautiful.

Exciting news: I think I will be putting the first deed down in a five or six hours ?

I built a tower about an hour ago. After rebooting the server, it disappeared, only the guards were left. Nick in game - Alsu. Help fix it - I've been building it for a week  =_=

Did any server settings change with the update?  Just wondering if we need to rework our plans.

@Ustyg. That's a Wurm graphics glitch. A relog fixes it.

@Batta   Nothing changed. Just a back up. 

There was a server restart by PingPerfect. No one can control what they do. ?

BTW, this server is run more like WO. The GM (me) will not chat you up. Bother you. Give  you stuff. Make your events. Run how you kill your dragons. No holding your hand. I will help you with events if you plan them. ?

One more thing. I will take mods under advisement. No guarantees. 

Edited by Milo

13 hours ago, Ustyg said:

I built a tower about an hour ago. After rebooting the server, it disappeared, only the guards were left. Nick in game - Alsu. Help fix it - I've been building it for a week  =_=

Shiver me timbers. It's still not there. Made you a new one. Only one tower guard was present so I assumed it was less than 20ql. Split the difference and made it 15 ql. ?

thank you, I'll go on playing now. The tower was 22 qualities, but that's okay. It won't take long to sharpen it. The second guard must have gone far

Very nice server. Very scenic. Interesting starting premise as well.

Here's a mod I'd love to see.  It still requires that we get our characteristics up high enough to ride a cart, but then makes it possible to load crates into the cart, but more importantly, into a crate rack so we don't have a huge mess around our settlement.

It is a line in the ServerTweaks mod:

#removeLoadUnloadStrengthRequirement: Enabling this will remove the 23 minimum body strength requirement for loading/unloading.
removeLoadUnloadStrengthRequirement=true

Edited by Batta

2 hours ago, Milo said:

Website with server information: https://jack13archie.wixsite.com/mysite

Wow!  Fantastic to finally see the map.  Now I'm really wanting to build a better ship and explore. 

Would you consider adding the option for us to use a tent for sleeping?  I don't think it would change the basic concept of the server, since it's still difficult to get a tent built, but it would definitely make it more possible to explore the world.

Tent Sleep Mod  (end of the OP)

No. Really don't want to add any more mods.

What an awesome map Milo ... so nice to see it as a whole. You did a great job on it.

Boosted skill gain and action timers a bit. Deeds are now free but you still pay upkeep.