Yaga

Deliverance Community Map

Deliverance Community Map

After experiencing technical problems with the previous community map, I teamed up with @Substrto create a new interactive web-based community map. Like before, it is based on the latest official map dumps provided by Code Club AB.

Map Link:  Deliverance Community Map

Features

1. Map coordinates

The map offers a common type of map grid (as an optional overlay), using the same denotation as the in-game map (for example "E 24").

However, to place and find locations in a much more detailed way the new map is based on "tile coordinates" (x, y), making it possible to narrow down locations to a single tile on the server!

This allows us to place deeds and landmarks much more precisely than before. (Map coordinates are explained in the next post.)

2. Zoom

The map provides various zoom levels, allowing to zoom in from a view of the entire server to close-ups of single deeds.

3. Layers

Deeds, Tunnels, Canals, Bridges etc. are actually map layers which can be toggled on and off. You can also choose among two map types (Terrain, Topographical).

4. Finding settlements

The map offers an easy-to-use search function for deeds.

5. Selecting locations and copy coordinates

You are able to select any point on the map and save the coordinates for future use.

Colors and symbols

CyPDqdK.png

Map policy

The community of Deliverance agreed on an "opt-out policy" for the community map. This means that the map is meant to be as complete and precise as possible, aiming at showing every settlement on the server as well as highways, tunnels, boat canals, bridges and important landmarks. To achieve this goal every community member is requested to help keeping the map up to date. Please report settlements (deeds), highways, tunnels, canals and landmarks that are not yet on the map. Use this forum thread to provide new information. If you are the mayor of a deed on the map and you feel that you have a good reason to hide your settlement from the community, please send me (Yaga) a PM, requesting your deed to be removed from the map ("Opt-out"). Please include a reason.

Adding Data

Please post in this thread to report new or changed data. (Do not send PMs, neither on the forum nor in-game! Do not use Discord to add data either!)

Please use tile coordinates (x, y) to report new map data. (Hover your mouse pointer over the location you wish to report, click once to see the coordinates in the "Selected" field, copy the coordinates.)

Deeds: Please report the settlement name and the coordinates of the settlement token. Example: "Serendipity Bay [1650, 1384]"

Highways: Please report the coordinates of all points describing the highway (start,  "corners", end). Please use this format: "[305,1453], [305,1415], [226,1415], [226,1383], [156,1383]"

Tunnels, Canals, Bridges: Like highways. These elements can also be given a name.

Other: You can also report clay and tar resources, guard towers, and special named landmarks (like names of lakes and mountains, as long as agreed among the local community.)

Map Development

The software for this map was developed by @Substrand will be maintained and updated by both of us (Substr and Yaga). It is part of an ongoing project. Further improvements and features will be added in future updates. I am very grateful to Substr, who did an awesome job creating the foundation for this community map project.

Our thanks also go to jackjones for his original ideas and concepts, which were the basis of our previous community map and also influenced the development of this new map project.

• Like 8

How to use the map

1. Navigating the map

You can zoom and pan (move) the map using your mouse. Zoom in and out by scrolling the mouse wheel or using the "+/-" buttons in the upper right corner. Pan the map by holding the left mouse button while moving your mouse.

2. Map coordinates

The map is based on "tile coordinates". According to Wurmpedia "a tile is a 4 meter by 4 meter square on the ground, which pretty much makes up the world of Wurm". The Deliverance server is a square of 2048 x 2048 tiles (corresponding to roughly 8 x 8 kilometers). On the official map dump image as provided by Code Club AB each pixel corresponds to a map tile. Map tiles are described by 2 coordinates (x, y), each counting from 0 to 2047. This coordinate system (unlike the "classical" Cartesian system) has its origin in the upper left corner:

rNRWgmU.png

For example, the upper left corner of the map has the coordinates (0,0), the upper right corner is at (2047, 0).

While you move your mouse pointer over the map the coordinates of the current map point are displayed in the upper right corner:

MSs6Es1.png

This is how you determine the precise coordinates for any map point you may want to work with.

You can also select a point on the map (to save its coordinates) by a single left-click. A small crosshair symbol will appear and the coordinates will be shown in the field "Selected". The contents of that field can be copied to the clipboard in the usual way (by selecting and pressing Ctrl-C). Clicking on the same location again (on the crosshair symbol) will remove the marker.

EZloPKq.png

3. Layers

Most information on the map is provided as a layer that can be turned on and off. You see a list of available layers in the sidebar.

By clicking the little checkboxes you can toggle that type of map information on and off:

8Qh2VjN.png

The letters in parentheses are the hotkeys to quickly toggle a layer:

• Press "D" to toggle deeds
  • Press "H" to toggle highways
  • Press "B" to toggle bridges
  • Press "T" to toggle tunnels and canals
  • Press "R" to toggle resources (clay, tar...)
  • Press "S" to toggle special places (mission structures...)
  • Press "G" to toggle the map grid.

The "map grid" is an overlay showing grid cells that use the same notation as the in-game map. This can be very helpful when trying to describe the location of an area for another player when in-game.

4. Map types

In correspondence with the various map dump types released by Code Club AB, you can choose between a pure terrain map and a topographic map:

7BFKexj.png

5. Find a settlement or special place

If you want to find a particular settlement or a special place, just use the Search function in the sidebar. You can either enter a name or use the drop-down list:

5dkeVBq.png

6. Loading the map with coordinates

You can load the map by adding location coordinates to the URL (web address) like this:

https://deliverance.yaga.host#<x>,<y>

(Replace <x> and <y> by valid location coordinates).

The map will load and be centered on the given location (if the coordinates are valid).

In addition, every time you select a location by left-clicking on a point on the map the URL shown in the address field will change to show the selected coordinates. Thus, you are able to share a view of a certain map area by just copying the address shown in the address field of your browser.

• Like 2

Great work! Because of Yaga and team Deliverance has the best community map over all servers as usual.

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 1

Awesome! :D

There is public tar at 814, 290

Also, there is no more deed of Khazad-dum at 1412, 402, accordina to Niarja ir has disbanded in august.

Edited by Karidwen
added info

1 minute ago, Karidwen said:

There is public tar at 814, 290

Thanks. Done :)

My deed: Tranquility [1034, 937]

Highway [689, 972], [882, 972], [887, 967], [895, 967], [895, 936], [936, 936], [945, 927], [1079, 927], [1081, 929], [1252, 929], [1262, 919], [1280, 919]

On 2/16/2019 at 11:15 AM, Aldaturo said:

My deed: Tranquility [1034, 937]

Highway [689, 972], [882, 972], [887, 967], [895, 967], [895, 936], [936, 936], [945, 927], [1079, 927], [1081, 929], [1252, 929], [1262, 919], [1280, 919]

Thank you. Done.

Software version 1.10 released.

The map now contains an additional layer called "Special places". For now it shows the locations of Epic mission structures (obelisks, pylons, spirit gates...).

Example:

M6WYFFI.png

Currently I only have coordinates for a single mission structure - please use this thread to report the locations of others!

I have the following Epic structures around my deed...

119, 569 Spear of Slithering (Obelisk)

159, 561 Spear of Pain (Obelisk)

160, 610 Square Mystery(Spirit Gate)

161, 619 Gate to Slithering(Spirit Gate)

185, 545 Sanctum Of Jump (Shrine)

194, 538 Square Remembrance(Shrine)

I know more further north, will post them soon when i will be passing by there if someoen else doesn't do it  before :) 

1 hour ago, kochinac said:

I have the following Epic structures around my deed..

Thanks. Done

New software version (1.20):

You can now call the map by adding location coordinates to the URL (web address) like this:

http://deliverance.yaga.host#<x>,<y>

(Replace <x> and <y> by valid location coordinates)

Example

If you use this URL:

http://deliverance.yaga.host/#649,1099

the map will be centered on Green Dog:

X7arH1O.png

In addition, every time you set a marker (by left-clicking on a location) the URL shown in the address field will change. Thus, you are able to share a view of a certain map area by just copying the address shown in the address field of your browser.

Example

Say you want to share a map view of Shark Lake. Just click on a location inside (or near) the lake, and the URL will change to something like:

http://deliverance.yaga.host/#934,1598

You can share this address, and other users will see the Shark Lake area when loading the map with this URL.

On 2/20/2019 at 6:58 PM, kochinac said:

119, 569 Spear of Slithering (Obelisk)

Looks i messed Spear of Slithering, right coords are 159,569

Also some more epic structures i located

645, 118 Charge of Mantra

645, 124 Pathway To Despair

652, 123 Sacrarium Of Mantra

668, 121 Way To Fo

54 minutes ago, kochinac said:

Looks i messed Spear of Slithering, right coords are 159,569

I was wondering ;)

On 2/22/2019 at 12:18 AM, Sappiro said:

JK tower at 1489,1210 - half way of the bridges set.

54 minutes ago, kochinac said:

645, 118 Charge of Mantra

645, 124 Pathway To Despair

652, 123 Sacrarium Of Mantra

668, 121 Way To Fo

All added. Thanks for reporting.

I notice that names overlap when these structures are too close apart. I also notice that there are way more of them than I expected, so the map will soon become cluttered.

As Epic structures can only be used for missions when they are off-deed, should we rather only include off-deed mission structures? What do you think? (@everyone)

2 minutes ago, Yaga said:

I notice that names overlap when these structures are too close apart. I also notice that there are way more of them than I expected, so the map will soon become cluttered.

As Epic structures can only be used for missions when they are off-deed, should we rather only include off-deed mission structures? What do you think? (@everyone)

Yeah in the NW i often find them in clusters close to each others, probably few people in past was fond of building them so built them close for their deeds..

Yeah, maping them is needed only for missions so make sense to keep map less crowded...

Not sure if couple of the ones i reported were on deed, most of them was ofdeed i'm sure, have to recheck

Also does all structure types appear in missions(like shrines for example or just some, like obelisks and gates)?

3 minutes ago, kochinac said:

Also does all structure types appear in missions(like shrines for example or just some, like obelisks and gates)?

Good question. I'm not sure.

To avoid cluttering in areas whith many deeds or mission structures, text labels can now be positioned on all 4 sides of the symbol:

FY9eIq8.png

Also, text labels can now be spread over multiple lines:

jKOdQj7.png

• Like 1

658, 1866 - Clay

635, 1865 - Guard Tower

609, 1813 - Guard Tower

572, 1767 - Guard Tower

626, 1716 - Guard Tower

678, 1675 - Guard Tower

610, 1725 - Tar

647, 1662 - Tar

Sorry for the long list but this should be everything in the area for now. 

8 hours ago, Egard said:

1783, 251 = The Crusaders

57 minutes ago, PotatoOnStick said:

658, 1866 - Clay

635, 1865 - Guard Tower

609, 1813 - Guard Tower

572, 1767 - Guard Tower

626, 1716 - Guard Tower

678, 1675 - Guard Tower

610, 1725 - Tar

647, 1662 - Tar

Thank you. Added.

4 hours ago, Trevize said:

Pylon at 853, 1970 named Tongue Door.

Was already on the map. Thanks anyway :)

3 hours ago, MordosKull said:

770, 145  = Slayer's Rest

Thanks. Added.