Sign in to follow this  
Wilczan

Replace insane vehicle/boat storage system with proper one

Can we end this nonsense with storing everything in boats / vehicles.

Like storing things in chests inside carts inside wagons inside knarrs.

Using knarrs as a vaults.

Using rafts as a mobile containers.

Using wagons as medium containers.

Don't wanna start about coffins.

Then you have those warehouses filled with wagons, boats and knarrs sticking out of the roof or from underground.

How the hell wagon cargo area, covered with cloth sheets is locked in any way?

The same for open carts.

How the hell over 30 large crates fit between those benches in knarrs? It should be a war ship filled with people and with place for maybe few large chests tops. And where is this locked access to the cargo area in knarr?

Can we get proper big vaults in place of boats? Smaller units in place of wagons etc.?

comic-effect-aaargh_1707162.jpg

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 5

I agree on Coffins and rafts - wrong use of containers for a certain purpose is really nonsense, nobody of us has a coffin inside his house, no body inside, but all kind of household items. 

But in general - what else do we have to? "Large" chests are tiny, they lack space.

Our Cloth wagons are nonsense? Yes, but where is the  armored Transporter? We have none.

Our 2D wurm underground system? We can be happy that work in any way, sticking out wagons, looking inside the rock, i always found that silly and some kind of Bug-Abuse (You can find hidden player vaults useing these, important in PvP and PvE) - but we have no other way of scouting the area underground!  We can be happy it works in an mediocre way like this, better than if we have nothing at all ?

So your issue is the art?

www.danishnet.com/vikings/types-viking-ships/ 

I think two styles of ship would be needed to separate the current functions the knarr fills in game.  We would need a Drekkar added.

Edited by armyskin
More links

Not sure I understand why.  As far as I'm concerned you can never have too much storage. (May be gender related but I don't believe there's such a thing as too much closet space. lol.) And I'm also not sure I understand how anyone's use of their own storage space is affecting anyone else so why in the world nerf it?   Who is it hurting?

Although the idea of "proper big vaults" might be cool but as an addition, not as a replacement for current storage options.    :)

• Like 2

Large storage units and various racks mean that I've never had to resort to anything silly like ships for storage.

Using boats and wagons as a means for more storage is an antiquated system with the introduction of the various large container holders such as crate racks and bulk container units. Anyone still doing it now is doing it by choice and not necessity, and if that choice is someone's playstyle then there is no need at all to change it. The volume of the various vehicles in Wurm doesn't need to be reduced(that would make shipping in bulk a nightmare) or replaced with something else.

• Like 3

Given the missions Fo has been having us do on Serenity, I wish there were a lot more bulk storage options. To name a few:

- Rack for empty small barrel racks

- Warehousing for empty bulk container units and furniture

- Something for small carts (why, Fo!)

Actually, I really wish there was a disassemble option (especially if you could reclaim some resources).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shrimpiie said:

Using boats and wagons as a means for more storage is an antiquated system with the introduction of the various large container holders such as crate racks and bulk container units. Anyone still doing it now is doing it by choice and not necessity.

Tell that to 100 saddles and 100 tall banners I'm trying to store... Seriously we need some way to store tall banners better than corbita on ship transporter.

When I started playing the game I couldn't get my head around  the fact that rafts are used for storing things in carts and not for sailing on water and hauling stuff. Still can't forget the disappointment when I made first raft to cross to small island nearby and my buffeled face when someone was explaining that it's for storing lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Roccandil said:

- Rack for empty small barrel racks

I think when we introduce rack for other racks that's where we need to draw the line lol

But disassemble option would be awesome, we need more efficient ways to destroy god damn things