Sign in to follow this  
Pingpong

[Bug] OOS while sitting still

I was sitting in a chair imping, after 10m~ I was hit with OOS spam in event tab. My second client showed no oos issues at all at the same time. As I went to relog client 1 due to oos spam, I was hit with the "where would you like to respawn" dialogue. I'm quite curious as to the reason a quick burst of OOS could kill my toon WHILE I'm sitting still (following the instructions in event tab to move slower I'd point out). My toon's corpse is not where I was sitting when the OOS hit, nor can I find it. A rare scale set, .25fs at 99+ is gone and 150kg of gear. All from a freak oos when I'm sitting still? Please refund all losses :)(all items recovered, just out fs now)

Edit: Corpse recovered via karma summon, but where was it?!

Logs- https://pastebin.com/M4kqQrbH

Edit 2: Per zamiels suggestion, I tried hitting my autowalk key while sitting, nothing happens at first, then you get [15:24:38] Your position on the server is not updated. Please move slower.
and then after a few seconds you get [15:25:36] You are out of synch with the server. Please stand still.   (all while sitting still mind you).

Pushing autowalk while sitting down produced no message while in my chair in my cave (So i burned said chair).

Looks like a very reproducible death trap bug.

Goddamn that is just scheiße!!!!

Pls update us with the outcome - whether you get justice or zilch.

Edited by Mataleao
o7

That sounds quite really awful. I'm sure the case is clear and will be remediated but it would be great to know how could it happen. Were you in a cave? Isn't your corpse on the surface? I'm happy to help with locates when I get in front of my PC...

I was in my cave deed as is typical, corpse is not on surface of mountain that I saw, Out Of Sync.

see if you can karma your corpse back, it's possible that the corpse is hidden in the rock my friend recently had a horse completely stuck in it.

did you press your autowalk keybind while sitting down? i've done the same thing and gotten kicked off the server while passenger in a moored boat due to desync.

Easy to reproduce with autorun while sitting down, the spam didnt take it to death.

Made 3 tests above ground: sit on chair, activate autorun key, wait - after a minute, there are a lot of "out of sync" messages for a minute, then it disconnects me.

Made 1 test underground: same spammy message, and suddenly disconnected and came back DEAD.

The corpse was invisible, like Pingpong's. A GM checked to see where my corpse was, and found it at location 0,0.

Edited by Anarres
  • Like 1

So take away for the rest of us is that we should avoid sitting in chairs until a bugfix is announced?

Frank;y... unfortunately yes, I would avoid it. It's too easy to press autorun key without intention.

Although above ground it doesn't seem to lead to death, at least in five tests that I know of.

So update to situation. Corpse was recovered. Skill was returned by a lovely arch gm, and I burned the chair that started all this fuss.

• Like 3

Added to the list, thanks for the report.

Until this is fixed, do not try to walk while sitting.   Try rubbing your tummy and patting your head if you want a challenge.