Sign in to follow this  
Adambean

Cooking in batches / larger quantities?

I'm currently making spearmint tea using 1x chopped mint and 400ml of boiling water in a cauldron. This results in 450ml of spearmint tea, splendid. However when I try to make a bigger batch of it (e.g. 2 chopped mint and 900ml water) it boils forever never ending up as tea.

Do you need a certain skill level to cook in large quantities, or do I have to make tea in 450ml batches like an idiot?

Edited by Adambean

right click and "lore" the container, cauldron in this case.  check if 2x900ml actually makes anything or not 

i believe you would need more cauldrons multiple containers and more 400ml batches 

Edited by AlmostSolitude2

cauldrons are not right for tea (i wonder that it works at all), rather bowls. One can have 47 bowls per oven (more in rare, prolly also in runed), so 47 teas, all 450ml. To my knowledge there exists no recipe for more than 450ml tea at a time. I am cooking that in 5 or 6 ovens at a time, 47 bowls in each. Works fine.

Ok that is WO not WU, if inappropriate, my apologies.

Edited by Ekcin
right forum?

Ah yes I could get multiple bowls. Seems strange that you can't just multiply the ingredients in the same cooking container though.

On 2/10/2019 at 8:32 PM, Adambean said:

Ah yes I could get multiple bowls. Seems strange that you can't just multiply the ingredients in the same cooking container though.

Yeah the recipes sadly dont work like that. Adding something more then recipe will automatically not make anything. Same with everything cookable. 

Heh ok.

Probably pointless making things in batches anyway, they seem to go off very quickly! (Can't stockpile tea.)

On 2/10/2019 at 8:01 PM, AlmostSolitude2 said:

right click and "lore" the container, cauldron in this case.  check if 2x900ml actually makes anything or not 

i believe you would need more cauldrons multiple containers and more 400ml batches 

DO NOT do that.. you'll get 1 skill tick..

if you just need quantity.. sure.. but for skill.. you'll get just 1 tick.. it's same ........... when you make wine in bulk.. you get 1 tick per barrel(ADORABLE, for the work and time involved, isn't it?)

If you want to make bunch of teas.. just use pottery bowl + oven/(forge if it works for tea), water amount + herb + sugar if needed.

1 hour ago, Adambean said:

Heh ok.

Probably pointless making things in batches anyway, they seem to go off very quickly! (Can't stockpile tea.)

What do you mean, cant you store 45kg or less.. in a small barrel and seal that with a PEG? 0 decay...(+ the other ways to seal liquids)

--edit

On 2/15/2019 at 2:06 PM, Wulfgarr said:

Yeah the recipes sadly dont work like that. Adding something more then recipe will automatically not make anything. Same with everything cookable. 

Alcohol and lore check lets you cook bigger amounts and tells you for that amount of ingredients, how much water you need or the vice versa..

@Adambeanif you aim to grind beverages skill.. lots and lots of tea bowls.. are about to pass through your screen.

Alternative.. CoC enchanted fruitpress + cotton seeds or corn.. squeeze either to get cotton/corn oil, no * clue what you can do with either, lamp-fuel and cooking-ingredient probably, but that's your next best solution to get the skill up.

Edited by Finnn