Sign in to follow this  
Skarra

Keybind and keybinding file not working as it should

First of all i have problems with binding keys, 1-5 works for tool belt slots but it will not let me bind 6-0 (10) due to it being bound to some much needed things instead of the tool belt. I checked the keyboard mappings in settings and removed the keys affected that i want to rebind, in this case it's the keys 6-0 and the numpad 0-9, after i removed the keys AND saved the file i went back in to the settings and tried setting number 6 to toolbelt6, and got the message that it was already bound to "special_move 1". So then i did bind it in console with Bind 6 toolbelt6 and it worked, for the session i was in, because logout and getting in later had reverted back to the special_move again.

So what now, well after looking inside i decided to remove the file and let it recreate a fresh one, this did nothing as it refuses to let me rebind the keys as they are bound to some fighting skills i don't even want to have bound there. And now all of a sudden the file just start duplicating keys, like the same command over and over again. The file have gone from 2.3 KB to at this time 2.6 MB, and it just refuses to let me rebind the keys i want no matter what i do. It just keeps overwriting itself.

I have made files with the keys i want to rebind and do the exec keys.txt in console, and placed it in autorun for a while, but this shouldn't be needed. In my online client i can rebind 6-0 and the numpad keys without any problems and the file stays small, this only affects WU  and it makes the client really laggy, it stops at the char/server selection screen up to 2 minutes before continuing on, and it makes so the client freezes when you use a key bind you made say G for harvest or F for farm, removing the keybinds.txt and letting it make a new one makes the lag go away, until it has filled up the filed with at least 50 duplicates of keybinds.

Is there any way to solve the problem with both not being able to keybinds via settings (i get the message "already bound to X" even though its unbound before trying), and stop it from growing to that huge size thus slowing down the client so bad.

Are  you using the default profile for you character or one specific for it?

I mean the drop down box under toon selection is default or your characters name?

From what i can remember from my experience is that it sometimes bugs out and although it says you are using a custom profile the default one is being used.

Will have to wait till i get home to see where in what file needs to be looked at.

I got 3 extra profiles not counting the default. So Character 1 is using ALPHA profile, Character 2 and 3 uses BRAVO profile, and i have 1 extra profile for my own test server lets call that one ARCH.

It does not matter which profile i load though as it just seems to fill up the keybind.txt with a LOT of duplicates to the point it goes from 2.3k'ish to between 1.2-4.8Mega (Thats the largest i've seen so far and the stuttering and micro-freezing is awful).

At this point i have write protected the files so it can not alter it in any way, but with the drawback of not being able to save custom keybinds (except quitting game and writing them into the file)

I have also tried removing the profiles all together and recreating them from scratch, even default one, but with the same results.

And thanks bigsteve for the reply, any tips you can give is appreciated :)