Sign in to follow this  
Berms

Wurm RESTful API

I have looked everywhere but unfortunately I could not find any API for Wurm (Which I expected to be there )...

It would be great if Wurm made available some sort of RESTful API from which you can retrieve account information, player information ( who's online in your village ) and all the other goodies!

It could be done with a simple API key/token method which you could create in the account section.

This shouldn't be much work to do as the data is already available somewhere, just make player / village data available to a player.

A good example is EVE Online, which has his own API and where players have made online interfaces, apps and all sort of nice stuff with it.

With this, I would like to build a web application / website for our village and would gladly release source codes for others to easily integrate this for themselves.

Edited by Berms
Addition
  • Like 1

+1 Believe would be a good feature without much (if any) work.

12 hours ago, Berms said:

I have looked everywhere but unfortunately I could not find any API for Wurm (Which I expected to be there )...

It would be great if Wurm made available some sort of RESTful API from which you can retrieve account information, player information ( who's online in your village ) and all the other goodies!

It could be done with a simple API key/token method which you could create in the account section.

This shouldn't be much work to do as the data is already available somewhere, just make player / village data available to a player.

A good example is EVE Online, which has his own API and where players have made online interfaces, apps and all sort of nice stuff with it.

how that is not exploitable for spy in pvp servers?

13 hours ago, tamat said:

how that is not exploitable for spy in pvp servers?

No. I think you don't understand what I meant by API. (Application Programming Interface)

It offers possibilites for a character to get his OWN character / village data. it doesn't mean you can look up data of others. 

Also, the next argument after this get implemented would be which data to release for players to retrieve from the API, but that is a whole another topic on its own.

Edited by Berms

Goes without saying that I want this and would use the information to provide data to players. Not sure where this falls on priorities though, would be some work!

-snip-

Didnt realize this was in regards to Wurm Online at first, I thought this was an Unlimited thread.

I can definitely support such a thing, but it really would need to be very secure as there is a lot that can go wrong with these kinds of applications.

Just so we are clear though, this can already be done quite easily with a Wurm Unlimited server, by creating a PhP page that can connect to the SQLite WurmPlayers database and retrieve player values. I can only assume a setup for WO wouldn't be much different.

I think the real issue here is that CCAB doesn't really have anyone whose specific job it would be to do this kind of work. Nor is it really profitable for them to invest the time it would take to do so.

Edited by whereami
  • Like 1