Sign in to follow this  
Anarres

Locked in room

My toon logged out last night in my room, sleeping in my bed. It woke up today - after maintenance/servers troubles -, in the locked room exactly below mine. Trying to log again after /lotime didn't help.

I'm posting this as a bug because, to my knowledge, when logging in a locked structure that you don't have permissions to, the game was always sending you out. I and others have been in that situation many times and you always ended up nearby, outside, after relog. Particularly after bridges were introduced, it is too easy to end up locked in unintently, for example because you can walk on a bridge outside and fall/jump/arrive inside. But you used to be able to escape easily by relogging.

I've been talking to people now that I experienced this, and I understand it has happened to others lately to remain locked in. Please take a look at this, this is probably taking a lot of time for players as well as CM/GMs to sort out these situations where players used to be able to just free themselves.

Just throwing out ideas: Did you have access to a top floor door in the building where you logged off or was that area open access? Maybe you have permissions to the building but not the locked room you appeared in?

Also if you are in a hurry now a Summon Soul from a priest can get you out of those problems of locked houses and "mine entrance traps".

You likely have permission to the building, but the doors are manually managed. It's obviously a bug though to teleport you lower.... probably positioning error when the server rebooted.

just tested one story buildings; above ground they'll still kick on relog if you have no perms; in a mine though they do not kick you out of the building when you relog

15 minutes ago, Lisabet said:

just tested one story buildings; above ground they'll still kick on relog if you have no perms; in a mine though they do not kick you out of the building when you relog

Isn't it because you can insta-die if the undergound structure is fully surrounded with rock? Also could TP you into an adjacent tunnel where you should have no access to.

Edited by Jaz