Sign in to follow this  
wipeout

Skill gain on anything stops after leveling a cave tile for a period of time

If you spend a long time(eg 20 min or more last time it stopped at 21 minutes 32 seconds) leveling(or flatten) a cave tile down there is a rather high chance any and all skill gain stops for any skill/characteristic now i would assume this would be something similar to prospecting but the reason i call this a bug is the following

It stops ANY skill gain on anything not just the leveling action giving skill for example(these where tested today)
Meditating
Repairing
Praying
Woodcutting
And many many more

This seems to happen if you run out of stamina and then let yourself regain stamina and then go at it again but it does seem to be a bit random("skiller" pickaxe lasted 25 minutes(3 times of running out of stam) where as supreme ql 95 lasted 5 min(1 and a half times of running out of stam)
You have to leave the mine and even sometimes that does not solve it a few times i have had to leave the local radius of the mine in question before it would start to work again
Also relogging does not work at any point(waiting till leaving world)

The worst case i have had so far(A few days ago) i had traveled about 10 locals back home and went to have dinner and logged out and logged back in an hour later and it still didnt let me do anything until i jumped on my wagon again and rode back and disembarked again in that same mine and then it started to work but it did not while i was at my deed making more mats for the walls in this mine
Edit: Just to note i did embark on my wagon right after it bugged out and i noticed it so that might explain why it didnt update in that time
There have been a few times where running 50+ tiles away lets me gain skill again of anything but i should not be forced to walk 50+ tiles to get meditating skill due to me leveling a tile in between and sometimes i have had to wait 10+ minutes next to running off before i could gain skill again
/edit

I have also asked a few people and everyone came back after testing that themselves they got it to thus this bug report(Tested on Cele,Chaos,Deli)

A other edit:
So my supreme pickaxe lasts [23:51:12] till [00:02:28] and then it seems to be a wait time before i can get skill on anything again which the last "break" was [23:35:15] till [23:51:12] (found this out by being on the otherside of my mine(over 50 tiles long) mining a vein when i started to gain skill again) and i started to gain skill again(figured id keep leveling) at [00:15:00] /edit

How to possibly reproduce it(its how i have it happen constantly)
When you mine down in a corner till a high amount(64 if in a corner with 2 walls) then move to the top of the tile to flatten it itl stop the skill gain after a while

Edited by wipeout

I have had the same issue in past and had to log for /lotime because running 200+ tiles to do an action did nothing, hopping to epic via epic portal seems to fix it temporarily.

Anti-macro.

has an explanation on it, but the mining leveling one is a bit different, haven't played around with it much

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

I experienced the same thing, I'm leveling a cave floor and my skillgain totally stopped. I'm not getting anything for the last 15minutes

Fix it please, at the least it needs a message in Event tab and why is it affecting all skills for a cooldown?