Sign in to follow this  
McKenna

(request) Turn pelts to hide/leather

is there a mod or can someone make a mod to turn all these pelts that seem to go un-used to hides or leather? i get tired of burrying them on corpses or keeping a bunch in my inventory and they just sit there taking up space.

On 2/7/2019 at 5:44 PM, McKenna said:

is there a mod or can someone make a mod to turn all these pelts that seem to go un-used to hides or leather? i get tired of burrying them on corpses or keeping a bunch in my inventory and they just sit there taking up space.

While waiting for a mod, you might try what we did, which is to make a mission on a non-wandering Custom NPC. Players "Give" a pelt or fur and receive something in return.  No reason it couldn't be a hide or leather.  

Or the GM could set up a Buyer merchant who buys pelts.

On 2/11/2019 at 12:57 AM, Batta said:

While waiting for a mod, you might try what we did, which is to make a mission on a non-wandering Custom NPC. Players "Give" a pelt or fur and receive something in return.  No reason it couldn't be a hide or leather.  

Or the GM could set up a Buyer merchant who buys pelts.

Yes, but we want to keep it in the crafting. How would i set up an NPC to exchange pelts and furs for leather? I would definitely be up for that!

6 hours ago, McKenna said:

How would i set up an NPC to exchange pelts and furs for leather? I would definitely be up for that!

You would need to use a Custom NPC, rather than a regular one, because the Custom ones can be made to stand in one place or wander only within the area you specify.

Then a GM can use the mission ruler to create a mission on the NPC itself, so that when players activate a pelt and choose Give on the NPC, it takes the pelt and gives them an item (leather) in exchange.  You can set the QL of the leather it gives, too. 

We have a Pelt Trader on our server that gives players a piece of bacon for every pelt, and a Fur trader that gives low QL cotton for every fur.  Our idea is to make it something useful, but not game-changing.  

Edited by Batta

I started to make a scriptrunner javascript mod for this (which is below in the code section) but I ran into a problem where it makes 3kg leathers. That is the standard weight for a leather. I can't figure out how to reduce the weight of the finished product using CreationEntryCreator.createSimpleEntry(). Note that setUseTemplateWeight() doesn't seem to do anything.

One could make a custom action performer mod to do this but that is more then I wanted to do.

var CreationEntryCreator = Packages.com.wurmonline.server.items.CreationEntryCreator;
var SkillList = Packages.com.wurmonline.server.skills.SkillList;
var ItemList = Packages.com.wurmonline.server.items.ItemList;
var CreationCategories = Packages.com.wurmonline.server.items.CreationCategories
var Logger = Packages.java.util.logging.Logger;
var logger = Logger.getLogger("com.joedobo27.scriptRunnerMods.pelt-to-leather-creation");

function onServerStarted() {
	var creation = CreationEntryCreator.createSimpleEntry(SkillList.LEATHERWORKING, ItemList.lye, ItemList.pelt, 
			ItemList.leather, true, true, 0.0, false, false,
			CreationCategories.RESOURCES);
	creation.setDepleteFromSource(200);
	creation.setDepleteFromTarget(200);
	creation.setUseTemplateWeight(true);
    logger.info("Pelts can be converted to leather with lye.");
}

If you want to use this save the code as a .js file and put it in the onServerStarted scriptrunner directory. It may look something like this: WU\WU-Server\mods\scriptrunner\scripts\onServerStarted

Edited by joedobo
  • Like 1