Sign in to follow this  
ChampagneDragon

Can We Talk About The Lag On Indy Now?

[22:42:31] <C> oh snap, this is not fun

[22:43:30] <D> yep big lag spikes

[22:45:54] <E> ya mega not fun when i happen to be in combat the whole time

[22:47:48] <D> ridicolous, not even 500 people online and the servers can't handle the lag

And not one of them was me. Real convo in chat tonight.

I am still waiting for my door to open, since yesterday. No one coming to open it for me?

Can a GM come delete this door so I can enter my house? Halp.

Can we start a gofundme to buy the devs a non retarded hamster? Maybe the server would run better then.

• Like 1

[23:31:00] Your position on the server is not updated. Please move slower.

[23:31:20] Your position on the server is now updated.

[23:32:34] Your position on the server is not updated. Please move slower.

[23:32:57] Your position on the server is now updated.

[23:33:38] Your position on the server is not updated. Please move slower.

[23:34:32] Your position on the server is now updated.

Trying to travel via wagon with bison. 

Seriously, I stayed on Indy because I didn't want to deal with lag on Xan. I prem'd THREE priests in the past two weeks. I would have NEVER done so if I had known the lag was going to go through the roof. I have to log each one on then off if I want them to pray. Can't sermon as I paid for.

Can't even bring some Wemp upstairs :(

Looks like it crashed!

Edited by Kelody

[23:38:31] <Angelklaine> so much better here

[23:43:29] <D> that's good :)  happy hunting!

Angelklaine on Cele. D on Indy. We were having a normal flow of conversation.

Thats how long the lag spike lasted for. I measured it since I had a priest char logged in on Indy I had to log off because the lag spikes are this bad.

THATS A SIX MINUTES LAG SPIKE!!! SIX MINUTES!!!! FXGFDSHSDFHGBHSDFBADSFBDSFB 6!!!!! DFSGFGADFSGDFKGAPGKADFSG"K 

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!1111oneoneelven

Well, though I know it is being worked on, nothing more to do than wait patiently for a fix.

Though I did hear that one may sacrifice cookies to the Keenan, maybe that might work ;)

Any news? will Indy be back tonight? was it taken out back and shot?

58 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

...SIX MINUTES LAG SPIKE!!!...

I initially thought all this was exaggeration, but, 6min?? SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Is this contageous??

BUILD THAT FIREWALL!!!11!1

Just now, Mataleao said:

I initially thought all this was exaggeration, but, 6min?? SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Is this contageous??

BUILD THAT FIREWALL!!!11!1

Server down for maintenance. Here's hoping!

They're probably just gonna restart it again thinking it'll temporarily fix it. It's actually gotten worse since the restart. 8 Hours after restart the server started having few second lag spikes, then an hour later we're at 5min lag spikes. I don't think restarting the server is even a temporary fix for this. Just bring the server down, don't let anyone on until the issue is found and fixed, then compensate us for the time it was down. It's impossible to play at this rate anyway!

Server has been down over an hour, not a restart in my opinion of restarts.

7 minutes ago, Kswords said:

They're probably just gonna restart it again thinking it'll temporarily fix it. It's actually gotten worse since the restart. 8 Hours after restart the server started having few second lag spikes, then an hour later we're at 5min lag spikes. I don't think restarting the server is even a temporary fix for this. Just bring the server down, don't let anyone on until the issue is found and fixed, then compensate us for the time it was down. It's impossible to play at this rate anyway!

i don't think so. I am going to give credit where credit is due. I've seen one of them working on a development program on discord (discord shows what you're running if enabled) for quite some time, so they are up to something.

I'm in!

[01:15:45] The server has been up 4 minutes.

[01:15:36] 8 other players are online.

The lag issue is ongoing and it's becoming clear its not a software issue. Keenan is investigating and currently rebooting independence to hopefully get us a bit of time until tomorrow, when we will need to look at moving the independence server to different hardware . We know this will be a laggy period and do apologise, our focus at the moment is getting Indy up and running properly and we will look at the next steps once thst is clearer tomorrow 

2 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

Can we start a gofundme..

No ty.

I have 6 premium toons and cant play on either reliably.

Logged on for an hour ror so, but didn't seem playable. Hope its resolved soon!

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

The lag issue is ongoing and it's becoming clear its not a software issue. Keenan is investigating and currently rebooting independence to hopefully get us a bit of time until tomorrow, when we will need to look at moving the independence server to different hardware . We know this will be a laggy period and do apologise, our focus at the moment is getting Indy up and running properly and we will look at the next steps once thst is clearer tomorrow 

In layman terms...

Teaser-Hamster-rides-wheel-upside-down.j

Memorial service for the ex-Indy server hamsters will be held next Tuesday.  They died valiently, amid the smoking wreckage!

Donations to the Wurm Retirement Home for Knackered Server Critters instead of flowers, please.

• Like 4

While the laginess on Deli is nowhere near what is described here, at some point after new years the game has become glitchy. Messed up textures, like a completely black slab in mid of house where planks should be, and specifically lavender hedges missing texture on one tile, and horses not turning either hitched or not and running sideways. And i am 200% sure it is neither my pc or internet connection, as the pc is a brand new gaming one MSI Infinity, and the interwebs are an optical cable connection with 100mb/s which in average is at least 60% of that.

• Like 1

Could a change or update in Java cause additional lag? 

4 hours ago, Karidwen said:

While the laginess on Deli is nowhere near what is described here, at some point after new years the game has become glitchy. Messed up textures, like a completely black slab in mid of house where planks should be, and specifically lavender hedges missing texture on one tile, and horses not turning either hitched or not and running sideways. And i am 200% sure it is neither my pc or internet connection, as the pc is a brand new gaming one MSI Infinity, and the interwebs are an optical cable connection with 100mb/s which in average is at least 60% of that.

This surely is not lag related, but a result of patching. I believe it has already been reported as a bug but wouldnt be a bad idea to make sure.