Sign in to follow this  
Maiev

There needs to be a med path free transfer

With the priest overhaul, spell resistance and heal resistance changes effecting both pve and pvp aspects of the game, the effects of meditation paths in the game which are in some ways directly and some indirectly related to these have significantly changed as well. There should be a free transfer for all meditation paths because of the big changes to the game. 

I'm almost thinking there should be a "free-for-all" for a limited time, where you can freely swap once per day. If nothing else, that would help the beta/meta-testing.

Even so, I'm still hoping for an actual med rework. :)

I'm actually quite happy with the meditating in the game to be perfectly honest. 

• Like 1

I'm fine with meditation as it is - no need for a free transfer. 

16 hours ago, Maiev said:

With the priest overhaul, spell resistance and heal resistance changes effecting both pve and pvp aspects of the game, the effects of meditation paths in the game which are in some ways directly and some indirectly related to these have significantly changed as well. There should be a free transfer for all meditation paths because of the big changes to the game. 

People choose love path for enchanted grass, insanity for pvp, power for lava tile, knowledge for skillgain. Nothing changed on these. No free transfer is needed

Edited by Lucyein
  • Like 1

while we're at this, can I trade my carpentry for weaponsmithing skill 1:1?

• Like 2

no, but you can trade your weaponsmithing for carpentry if you would like ?

7 hours ago, Lucyein said:

People choose love path for enchanted grass, insanity for pvp, power for lava tile, knowledge for skillgain. Nothing changed on these. No free transfer is needed

tbh something changed, and thats the resistances to certain damage types

however, i dont think we should get a free transfer, rework meditation, you know that project that got announced almost a year back

yeah....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lucyein said:

Well to sum this up quickly. Player says nothing has changed with meditation yet here are the words quoted from the mouth of the horse itself. Just sayin'....

Sindusk Quote - Not My words:

Meditation

Before the changes, not using Shield of the Gone on a PvP account made you a prime target for assassination in a fight, as you'd be taking more damage than everyone else. After the changes, there's actually a lot more room to select different meditation paths.

Path of Love is actually a great selection for players using Fo priests. All healing spells in the game were changed to be affected by the level 11 "Healing Hands" passive. This makes the healing resistance less penalizing overall, as the amount of healing done through resistance is increased by 50%. Someone with 6 minutes and 40 seconds of healing resistance will take equivalent healing from someone with Path of Love as they would with no resistance from someoneone without it. While it provides very little in regards to damage output or reduction, being able to heal through the new resistances more efficiently can be the difference between getting nuked down and staying alive. It's also worth mentioning that Light of Fo and Scorn of Libila are affected by these changes, and are more effective when used by a Path of Love character now.

Path of Power is probably one of the optimal choices for those without 70 meditation yet. At 50 meditation and level 9 Path of Power, you obtain Elemental Immunity. This lasts 30 minutes and completely negates all elemental damage. Remember how acid is so much more effective against certain armours as described above? Acid is an elemental damage type. To clarify: Frost, Burn, and Acid wounds are considered elemental. This means if someone uses a salve of frost or potion of acid on their weapon and try to attack a player under the effects of Elemental Immunity, they will not be able to deal damage. This also translates into all spell damage inflicted during that time, and it gets even better. If someone attempts to cast a spell on you during Elemental Immunity, you will obtain resistance equivalent to the amount of damage it should have inflicted, but will take no damage. This creates a situation where even if your elemental immunity falls off, any residual resistances you had from previous combat will still apply. Finally, keep in mind that this power can be triggered during combat and gives no message to enemies when you do so.

Path of Hate is one that I consider to have been indirectly buffed through the priest rework to the point where I personally feel it is stronger than Path of Insanity overall. First of all, while the Magranon passive which caused 25% increased damage was nerfed to 15%, Path of Hate's war bonus effect was not and remains a 30 minute window with +50% damage. Again, 50% damage is equivalent to having Truestrike. Only difference is that it stacks with Truestrike as well and makes you do 225% of standard damage when using both. However, the most important part is the level 11 Spell Immunity. This makes it so players cannot even try casting offensive spells on you. Fireheart, Shard of Ice, Rotting Gut, Hypothermia, Inferno, Worm Brains - all gone. None of those can be cast on a player with level 11 Path of Hate. This also includes the new spell Purge, allowing players who have level 11 Path of Hate to get away with a lot more nonsense than standard players in regards to newly buffed spells (forest giant strength, bearpaws, etc). It does not, however, protect against AoE spells which do not specifically target the player. Fire Pillar, Ice Pillar, and Tentacles will all still impact someone who has Spell Immunity. Dispel also functions against Spell Immunity. Finally, +2CR from Fear is nothing to scoff at and is roughly equivalent to 10 fighting skill in PvP.

Conclusion

The reality is that the Priest Update didn't just affect priests. It didn't just affect combat, and it's not all about the spells. Wurm has an insane amount of depth and hundreds of systems to account for. Mechanics that were discounted as useless in the past are now capable of having significant impact. Many systems are thrown out due to past stereotypes: Shield of the Gone is required. Body strength is the only stat that matters. DR stacking is the key. These stereotypes are deep-rooted in the community due to how long the meta has remained the same. The changes have shifted the meta, there is no doubt about that. Now it's the next step - adaptation. Figuring out what works and what doesn't. The update has been out for under 2 months and people are still feeling it out. I personally consider that a success. If it was so simple that it was understood immediately, then it would detract away from exactly what makes Wurm so enticing... it's depth.

• Like 4

I think the opposition to such a 1 time free med path transfer is partly born from the fact that the issue is raised long after the overhaul. However, long after is exactly the time that is enough to understand the effects of the overhaul. 

Fun fact Sindusk doesn't mention: "Elemental damage" includes water damage, i.e. drowning. Therefore, Elemental Immunity gives you a half-hour of free, painfully-slow swimming without risk of drowning damage.

This has been today's Probably Useless Tip.

• Like 1

yeah i used a white cherry so i can swim at 0% stamina 15% longer without dying, it's how the pros play the game

maybe 1 change for week will be good :D or month

13 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

Fun fact Sindusk doesn't mention: "Elemental damage" includes water damage, i.e. drowning. Therefore, Elemental Immunity gives you a half-hour of free, painfully-slow swimming without risk of drowning damage.

This has been today's Probably Useless Tip.

That was a thing in another game.. swimming speed gear and ignoring the need of a boat.. just swimming with hp potions, in wurm's case ignore drowning completely for a time.. we just need some swimming speed costume or alchemy brew.. to get the swimming championship started ?