Sign in to follow this  
Niki

This game is flawed! Balance PVP.

hello niki

how are you

this game wasnt really fun the last months until a certain someone started to bring in changes that were long needed

that certain someone then left the team

now people want to destroy what he built up

i am sad niki

thanks for reading

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Niki said:

Balance is necessary for the game mechanic to succeed into the future. Priests shouldn't be gods. It's broken, 100%, I think you guys are missing the point a tad. Keep a open mind.

But it isnt broken. It is just different. Can it be tweaked a bit more? Yes. Is it lopsided out of balance? No. When a single priest non champ can kill 3 non priests of equal combat stats, then you can come and say its lopsided. 

Just now, Niki said:

Priests shouldn't be gods. It's broken, 100%, I think you guys are missing the point a tad. Keep a open mind.

Our minds are open.

It used to be that you could only cast LoF, no other spells really mattered. Now you can start having some differences, alter your playstyle. 

Again, nerfing everything to the point it becomes useless and people run with weapons at each other while others try to keep up with healing is just plain boring. PvP should be about people using some skill, having some kind of battle awareness. Nerfing down offensive spells will just take that away. 

Instead I suggest you get those priests and even out the field. If both groups have them, where is the problem? And don't tell me it would take time. You can sermon out a priest in no time if you have numbers. And everyone knows that TC has those. Or can buy a few 2s alts for sermons fast.

I would also suggest you keeping open mind as well because so far you are trying to ridicule every opinion that is different than yours instead of providing valid counterarguments.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

f you are trying to say you should go into a 20vs20 and escape with no one dying, you are delusional. This is not true in any game. Numbers will always trump pretty much anything else. 

That's not what I am saying if you actually read. The time to kill the first person is too quick is my point, I even made it bold. Zerg meta in any game sucks and takes no skill, that's what my suggestion is to address to give that first target a chance to survive longer providing they react to being the targeted without having an effect on small scale pvp

Edited by Threap

2 minutes ago, Threap said:

That's not what I am saying if you actually read. The time to kill the first person is too quick is my point, I even made it bold. Zerg meta in any game sucks and takes no skill, that's what my suggestion is to address to give that first target a chance to survive longer providing they react to being the targeted without having an effect on small scale pvp

The thing is, you are not going to have a system to promotes small groups. It does not work that way. Unless you have a tactic genius on your side and manage to pull people to your minehops and keep them there, the group with more axes will win. Because the army with more people usually won.

A number disadvantage does not mean that your enemies have to tie one hand behind their backs because it's only fair. War is not fair and this the thing we have going between all kingdoms constantly. War.

Instead, change your strategy and start heavy recruitment to even out the numbers and get out to the field then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Threap said:

there already is something to react to

you can see it in your combat tab, if a lot of people start targeting you, backoff and pop defensive with your shield on

works like a charm unless the other group is more coordinated and puts that target in hurting status with a spell / arrow / single hit first

it worked before the priest rework too btw, cause believe it or not, but the spell damage doesnt matter on hurting status

now with spells doing more damage there is also a different way of using them, you arent just needed for LoF / pillars or hurting status, it makes the game more interesting

people always hate change, but how about trying to understand it first and then re-evaluating, cause as far as i know most of your group didnt even know what tangleweave now does

11 minutes ago, Gildi said:

Our minds are open.

It used to be that you could only cast LoF, no other spells really mattered. Now you can start having some differences, alter your playstyle. 

Again, nerfing everything to the point it becomes useless and people run with weapons at each other while others try to keep up with healing is just plain boring. PvP should be about people using some skill, having some kind of battle awareness. Nerfing down offensive spells will just take that away. 

Instead I suggest you get those priests and even out the field. If both groups have them, where is the problem? And don't tell me it would take time. You can sermon out a priest in no time if you have numbers. And everyone knows that TC has those. Or can buy a few 2s alts for sermons fast.

I would also suggest you keeping open mind as well because so far you are trying to ridicule every opinion that is different than yours instead of providing valid counterarguments.

Right, but playing good should be rewarded also? Why must I run or swim away from your infernos? Do you expect me to take damage, I'm sorry I'm fully raid aware when I pvp.

Why can't turn my shield directly facing a incoming inferno? I can block a arrow. I'm only asking for some DR.

20 melee fighters using drake/mm vs 20 priests using leather guess who wins without any hitches? The "mages." It's broken and unreasonable!

I understand you guys want to win, I accept that, but the way you try to win IMHO takes away from the core of PvP.

In all the pvp videos I've seen there wasn't anyone that died to spells.. am I looking at the wrong videos ? Everyone dies to melee all the time.. (and archery in rare occasions)

Do you have an example of such an event that we can look at before jumping to these outrageous conclusions that "the game is flawed" ?

Perfect balance doesn't exist, it all depends on the situation and the player choice be it weapon, armor, meditation path, faith and so on.. it's always nice to try and aim for balance as much as possible, and at least lately the devs are trying that, so please don't mock all the hard work they did with your unfounded accusations of unbalance until you have some proof..

Edited by faty
  • Like 1

I also don't think the spell change is to blame entirely for the current Zerg meta, it's been a while since fights this size has been common. but the spell change has added to the problem. The game needs to evolve as the play style does, I just really dislike the Zerg the leader meta, I saw the same thing in Eve and it was crap pvp there as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Niki said:

I understand you guys want to win, I accept that, but the way you try to win IMHO takes away from the core of PvP.

the core of pvp just got a whole lot of new options to explore.

go and explore niki, do it, you wont regret it...

3 minutes ago, Niki said:

Why can't turn my shield directly facing a incoming inferno? I can block a arrow. I'm only asking for some DR.

cause its M A G I C

20 melee fighters using drake/mm vs 20 priests using leather guess who wins without any hitches? The "mages." It's broken and unreasonable!

uhm, ofc the priests are gonna win if there is no difference in skill or situational superiority, like deed hops or whatever...

but guess what, that was ALWAYS the case

who had the most LoF / damage bonus priests won, happy to clarify that

3 minutes ago, Threap said:

I also don't think the spell change is to blame entirely for the current Zerg meta, it's been a while since fights this size has been common. but the spell change has added to the problem. The game needs to evolve as the play style does, I just really dislike the Zerg the leader meta, I saw the same thing in Eve and it was crap pvp there as well.

kinda funny since tc did that liek tha past 2 years? now with a serious threat its all of the sudden a problem mmhhhh

3 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

here already is something to react to

you can see it in your combat tab, if a lot of people start targeting you, backoff and pop defensive with your shield on

works like a charm unless the other group is more coordinated and puts that target in hurting status with a spell / arrow / single hit first

Yes but I also explained why currently it's not enough in my original post. Mostly the block and parry cooldown needs twerking when you are in def stance

lets just add some resistances to everything

how about a unique character to other unique character ID damage cap over the course of a 15 minute fight, so if you deal 15% of a persons life you aren't able to deal anymore damage to them for 15 minutes, that way you can hit a person once and then have to swap to the next target, alleviating coordination for those who aren't able to do it properly atm

all damages will apply to the same resistance, doesn't matter if its from spells or melee, 15% damage over 15 minutes per person

sounds good guys, that way we can achieve balance in big 60 person fights

• Like 3

1 minute ago, oOspeedstylerOo said:

kinda funny since tc did that liek tha past 2 years? now with a serious threat its all of the sudden a problem mmhhhh

There hasn't been fights with these numbers in the last two years as I pointed out already

Right, but playing good should be rewarded also? Why must I run or swim away from your infernos? Do you expect me to take damage, I'm sorry I'm fully raid aware when I pvp.

Why run or swim away? Why not push the caster or bash him to submission? There are different tactics that can be taken into consideration here. 

Could you please elaborate on what playing good means? As I have mentioned previously, having to do more really gives us, players, possibility to show some skills instead of having someone targetted and having to waltz around while your group pushes back and forth.

I would not bet that much for the fighters or priests. If we are talking offensive spells, no healing, then fighters could pick off the priests one by one.

Also, please elaborate on what the core of PvP here is, because I was just thinking about killing the other players character with any possible means as in "Player versus Player"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, platinumteef said:

lets just add some resistances to everything

how about a unique character to other unique character ID damage cap over the course of a 15 minute fight, so if you deal 15% of a persons life you aren't able to deal anymore damage to them for 15 minutes, that way you can hit a person once and then have to swap to the next target, alleviating coordination for those who aren't able to do it properly atm

all damages will apply to the same resistance, doesn't matter if its from spells or melee, 15% damage over 15 minutes per person

sounds good guys, that way we can achieve balance in big 60 person fights

Of course here comes the trolls, can't keep it constructive eh?

7 minutes ago, Threap said:

There hasn't been fights with these numbers in the last two years as I pointed out already

ye cuz tc was the zerg eh? is it that hard to understand?

• Like 1

Thise whole thread is a troll like plat sad lol. Learn how to use the mecaniques. resistances work fine- ppl are not getting nuked. if so show prof aight? k.

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, oOspeedstylerOo said:

Thise whole thread is a troll like plat sad lol. Learn how to use the mecaniques. resistances work fine- ppl are not getting nuked. if so show prof aight? k.

Sorry I don't understand?

Niki, if you are getting trolled, the easiest idea is to not feed the trolls. 

If we are going to have a discussion thread, let's keep on going and make people that want to cause drama get bored with it.

I asked a few questions - going to sleep soon cause real life and such, but I would love to hear your comments on my previous post.

Just now, Gildi said:

Niki, if you are getting trolled, the easiest idea is to not feed the trolls. 

If we are going to have a discussion thread, let's keep on going and make people that want to cause drama get bored with it.

I asked a few questions - going to sleep soon cause real life and such, but I would love to hear your comments on my previous post.

Thanks for the advice, sorry I must've missed your post I'll get to it shortly.

I think everything constructive that needs to be said has been.

For that reason, I'm locking the thread.

Regards

Shakys (Forum Moderator)

• Like 4