Sign in to follow this  
Niki

This game is flawed! Balance PVP.

Thanks for the post Sindusk. Interesting information.

Would've been nice if we got a meditation switch along with the update.

Edited by Niki

the meta is p2w :D get your credit card out boys if you want a chance to even last 4 seconds in pvp, that's why you have 0 new player base

20 hours ago, Niki said:

So if you play on freedom this 100% won't be a issue for you unless you enjoy sparring at impalong or something but if you play on pvp servers it's a real threat. The current PvP meta slightly forces you into a priest role, if you're not a priest you're worthless fodder. Melee combat isn't what chaos and epic is about anymore. It's about priest spellspaming your opponent with everything from afar, having no real threat wearing leather armour that gives a 30% casting bonus.

If we're talking about fighting.. any nonpriest fighter is a lul kid vs a priest one, when it comes to abilities and buffs, nonpriests just have no powers, no balance there, doesn't matter if it's pve or pvp - I agree.

9 minutes ago, Finnn said:

If we're talking about fighting.. any nonpriest fighter is a lul kid vs a priest one, when it comes to abilities and buffs, nonpriests just have no powers, no balance there, doesn't matter if it's pve or pvp - I agree.

Yup

I miss when PvP was simple and I didnt need to do calculations on percentages to be on par.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Finnn said:

This is always been the case because both priest and non priests are exactly the same when it comes to combat, but priests get bonuses, spells, and extra mechanics non priests dont have. The priests overhaul didn't change that. It just gave priests useful spells that were otherwise useless before the change and make the different mechanics interact with one another.

58 minutes ago, Niki said:

Would've been nice if we got a meditation switch along with the update.

Or just make it so switching meditation doesn't take 6 months. Also an option...

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Quicktor said:

i am pretty sure the "spellspam" niki is talking about here is in fact just the spell that initially goes off on a called target, which will follow up on the group pushing this called target cause he is in hurt status, pretty simple really...

but hey, test it yourself, cast 2 infernos on 1 target, the second inferno wont do ######.

Fire heart > Inferno > Fire heart 
Worm brains > Inferno > Fire heart
Ice shard > inferno > Fire heart

was knocking players down to 50% within a 30 second window of a team of 2 priests,
before my suggestion in the feed back thread, this was a big issue. Some people tried to laugh it off, I'm glad those people were ignored.

Now the spell "spam" to single target isn't as bad, the last large fight outside the WL there wasn't that much spell spam, because after the first cast it's pretty useless for a few minutes, it's better to spread the damage on different targets now.

my only issue with priests at the moment would be if I was not a priest and came across a priest whilst roaming, how would I be able to counter the sheer choice of power he has against me.
I like the idea of blocking spells with the shield but i don't think this should be a "deflect" type system, more of a damage reducing system instead, but you'd have to still be facing the correct way.

at least then there is a form of counter to being casted on and you're not useless. 

So for me to counter priests for non priests I'd have the followng:

1. Blocking spells/reducing the damage with shields, but only if your shield is facing the correct way like archery.
2. Make shield bash a much better option for interrupting, if it fails to Stun/knock down the player it should STILL interrupt the spell cast at a higher % chance.
3. Make damage and CR increase apply to followers as well. <This is massive.

These are my 2 counters.

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

So for me to counter priests for non priests I'd have the followng:

1. Blocking spells/reducing the damage with shields.
2. Make shield bash a much better option for interrupting, if it fails to Stun/knock down the player it should STILL interrupt the spell cast at a higher % chance.

I dont agree with shields blocking spells, as spells are a mechanic that already have something to prevent someone spamming them like they do arrows: favor and cast time.

That being said, I believe shield bash should be more useful. It should be easier to grind and would allow for people to stun priests to interrupt casts. This combined with already existing and other mechanics would put priests on the back of the line, forcing players who choose priests to stay away from melee range or get interrupted. This would be a welcome change and would make non priests more viable in combat, or force priests to choose between being front line or spell support only.

+1

43 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

3. Make damage and CR increase apply to followers as well. <This is massive

This is the best suggestion I've ever heard and would solve so much.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

I dont agree with shields blocking spells, as spells are a mechanic that already have something to prevent someone spamming them like they do arrows: favor and cast time.

That being said, I believe shield bash should be more useful. It should be easier to grind and would allow for people to stun priests to interrupt casts. This combined with already existing and other mechanics would put priests on the back of the line, forcing players who choose priests to stay away from melee range or get interrupted. This would be a welcome change and would make non priests more viable in combat, or force priests to choose between being front line or spell support only.

+1

Why don't you agree with spell blocking?

Good environmental, and raid awareness and game play should be rewarded Angel. I know a lot of WU think i'm some silly freedomer with little knowledge of PvP mechanics. You can think what you want. It's almost a meme at this point. I know for sure I'm likely better than most players in Wurm who only play Wurm. I've played competitively in other games such as mythic raiding in WoW, raiding in FFXIV, FPS games, LoL etc. I have twitch reflexes developed from these games. My survivability speaks for itself. I also have a disability which I'm not getting into that limits me immensely. I have industry experience with gaming and mmorpgs. I think spell blocking is the best advice to the devs I can give. Doesn't have to be 100% either!

Not everyone is going to block most probably wont. People still die to arrow related deaths. Reading the combat log, paying attention to calls, looking at your environment, making sure your not getting ninja'd by a wild stealth Rakki. It's all important. The current meta requires you to have high Soul Strength and you barley get any DR from it. 

54 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

1. Blocking spells/reducing the damage with shields, but only if your shield is facing the correct way like archery.

+1

I think if they made spells blockable with a shield it would defeat all purpose. And why do you need that? There is already a counter to spells : Tangleweave. Look at how useless archery is if you have a shield

4 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

I think if they made spells blockable with a shield it would defeat all purpose. And why do you need that? There is already a counter to spells : Tangleweave. Look at how useless archery is if you have a shield

Now with the spells its like a shooter game i can cast from 20 tiles, even in a shooter game i can block 

• Like 1

The difference is everyone can use a shield, not everyone can use tangleweave.  The other difference is a shield can work against multiple attacks, but x spell casters require the same x tangleweave casters to counter them.  Forcing people to become priests as a requirement to compete at all isn't healthy.

My post earlier about shields working against spells isn't to make it as super strong as it is vs arrows, but to make it work the same way it does against melee attacks.  It can either block it fully, partially parry and take lowered damage, or fail to block and take full damage.  It gives ALL players the ability to "fight back" against magic, the same way that ALL players have the chance to fight back vs melee and archery.  Yeah, a guy vs 10 is gonna die, a noob vs a few is gonna die, but if you actually give them a fighting chance that they can work towards then it gives all players an equal chance to survive only that they still need the skill and knowledge/experience on how to use it like everything else.

• Like 4

2019 and people are saying priesthood in pvp is just now being 'forced' upon players

years of uninterruptible light of spam with no healing resistance, 25% damage bonuses, oakshell, full heal, refresh, all on one priest but now its "omg how do i interrupt a fireheart if I'm not a priest in a 1v1"

if anyone thought they were going to 1v1 a priest prior to the priest rework you just didn't understand how pvp works or the person you were playing against wasnt of the same tier

• Like 3

I dont give a .. how pvp works, I'm not interested in that.

I give a dam' about fair chance 1v1   pri~ v. nonpri~, old meta was body stats matter, that difference was lifted long time ago, recent magic buff, no nonpriest changes other than armor buffs but that works for both sides unless priests run around naked?

--edit

20 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

you do realize a 1v1 between two players is player vs player right

it just fit well to use it as I did; maybe need to drop ques for people to not get confused

but that kills the cleverness of the line, I'll just keep the tip on mind.

Edited by Finnn

3 minutes ago, Finnn said:

I dont give a .. how pvp works, I'm not interested in that.

I give a dam' about fair chance 1v1   pri~ v. nonpri~, old meta was body stats matter, that difference was lifted long time ago, recent magic buff, no nonpriest changes other than armor buffs but that works for both sides unless priests run around naked?

you do realize a 1v1 between two players is player vs player right

• Like 1

I got some spells casted on me in the recent fight. First of all you get a big message on your screen saying "X CASTS INFERNO ON YOU", then i used a special technique apparently not known to many. It's called 'backing off a few tiles'. Works like a charm, i recommend trying that instead of crying for changes. You dont need tangleweave.

And you're really saying being a priest is a 'new' meta? Not so long ago 99% of chaos was Smea since it was so OP. Back then if you weren't a priest you were dragging your kingdom down. You had 25% bonus damage and all the spells you'd ever need.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Vomusu said:

I got some spells casted on me in the recent fight. First of all you get a big message on your screen saying "X CASTS INFERNO ON YOU", then i used a special technique apparently not known to many. It's called 'backing off a few tiles'. Works like a charm, i recommend trying that instead of crying for changes. You dont need tangleweave.

And you're really saying being a priest is a 'new' meta? Not so long ago 99% of chaos was Smea since it was so OP. Back then if you weren't a priest you were dragging your kingdom down. You had 25% bonus damage and all the spells you'd ever need.

You have to run like 20 tiles to out range it! It hurts really bad! It's OP don't you understand?

You expect people to adapt but Sindusk completely changed PvP some ways were improvement and some weren't. Wurm is a very old game, you haven't been playing long so let me educate you real fast. Wurm was mostly melee PvP until this update, priests were a thing but situational.

Acid imbue on a spear with jewelry is extremely broken but keep rocking it Vomusu, I learned real fast yesterday! Something like that should probably be toned down. Where is your bug report?

Understand that the wizard meta is OP, instead of keeping things to yourself like that recent exploit - acknowledge the issues for the betterment of PvP as a whole!

Just now, Niki said:

You have to run like 20 tiles to out range it! It hurts really bad! It's OP don't you understand?

It's not 20 tiles. I've never been hit by your spells because i always tangleweaved them / walked out of range. It's not OP. It is quite balanced

1 minute ago, Niki said:

You expect people to adapt but Sindusk completely changed PvP some ways were improvement and some weren't.

I think Sindusk is the best thing that ever happened to this game and if you believe otherwise give it 6 more months for the game to go back into the ground see what you believe then.

2 minutes ago, Niki said:

Wurm is a very old game, you haven't been playing long so let me educate you real fast.

If you think you know more than Vomusu about anything, let alone PVP, you're gravely mistaken. That dude's a monster. He's got more kills in a month than you in all your existance. You have no right to shittalk him.

3 minutes ago, Niki said:

Understand that the wizard meta is OP, instead of keeping things to yourself like that recent exploit - acknowledge the issues for the betterment of PvP as a whole!

The meta's always been "be a priest" . It has ALWAYS been that way. Ever since priests were a thing they made your character stronger. It is normal. It adds power at the cost of restrictions. I don't understand what you find OP about that.

1 hour ago, Mclavin said:

So yeah, someone casts a fire pillar under my feet, so I put a shield under my butt and ride on it until the spell disappears? Or throws a magic missle at me, so I will block it with my shield and shrug it off? 

There is one important word in the abovementioned situation - MAGIC. It is supposed to hurt, it is not even supposed to be fair because people are throwing magic at you.

I'm not a priest, run in leather and I have a blast still while pvping. Last fight after the WL artifact charge I saw a few people getting killed in the back. I could not cast anything, so I did second best thing - went into there trying to kill off horses hoping that my group will get back here in time to either save me or kill the remaining TC there. Still worked in a way, bought a minute there. If I were a priest, I would still die, because I do not become a demigod when I can cast a pillar or a heal.

The talk of priesthood being forced upon people for pvp was there for years, so it's not a valid point. It stopped being valid a long time ago with people juggling accounts all the time and having an alt for each of the skills available in this game (I ran, run and will run only 1 char, won't be throwing more with the monopoly money my country has).

And how do you counter a priest you find while roaming? Dehorse the mother%(^@!$ and bash his face in, that's how. If you think you won't be able to do it, just run, he won't teleport to you.

1 hour ago, Niki said:

I've played competitively in other games such as mythic raiding in WoW, raiding in FFXIV, FPS games, LoL etc.

For me this sentence is a counter to what you are saying about the need for nerfing. Played LoL a few years ago and the ongoing theme to just nerf everyone just because this character is OP, we nerf it, then another is higher than the others etc. made this game into snowball throwing contest. 

Noone really felt powerful and you were left with a bunch of different abilities that did close to nothing.

Wait what? Why dont you just buy the salve for 50c and apply it to your weapon? Why dont you cast the spells on us? Why don't you use jewelry? Why dont you tangleweave? Just because you don't use the new mechanics means they have to be removed? This thread is so stupid i cant stand it. You just cant adapt so you want everything removed.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

If you think you know more than Vomusu about anything, let alone PVP, you're gravely mistaken. That dude's a monster. He's got more kills in a month than you in all your existance. You have no right to shittalk him.

Invalid, again assume what you want. I don't play solely on Niki.

2 minutes ago, Vomusu said:

Wait what? Why dont you just buy the salve for 50c and apply it to your weapon? Why dont you cast the spells on us? Why don't you use jewelry? Why dont you tangleweave? Just because you don't use the new mechanics means they have to be removed? This thread is so stupid i cant stand it. You just cant adapt so you want everything removed.

Please stay constructive, take stuff like that to skirmishes. Who says were not using spells/salves/jewelry?