Sign in to follow this  
AJBlack

Sailing / Driving / Riding Skills

We have a skill for climbing, we have body and body stamina for walking, but what we don't have is a reward for the endless times we spend sailing, driving and riding around the lands of Wurm. 

My suggestion is simple: Introduce skills for sailing, driving on carts, riding, etc. that give perks when at certain skill levels. They can increase slowly, like climbing skill does, or even slower. 

Perks could be things like but not limited to....

• Faster speed
  • Actions possible that aren't otherwise allowed while mounted
  • Course alignments
  • Reduced penalties for slopes / going against the wind / etc. 

it would make the enormous amounts of time we spend traveling in this game a little more valuable to the game-play itself.

Edited by AJBlack
  • Like 11

It would be great!

Other options: right-click "Align to nearest cardinal direction" or an automatic snap to the nearest cardinal direction when within X degrees. For a high level bonus put the Wagoneer / highway system to use "Follow Highway" -> is only active with auto-walk OFF ( you must keep your forward key down ) and cancels if you turn, enter combat, come to a waystone or release the forward key.

For boats: give a ~5 tile warning for grounding, if that's possible.

• Like 1

It is a good idea for pve but because of pvp I doubt it will see the light of day. 

Would definitely need to add to what we can do now, as opposed to being a requirement to do what we can already do.

+1

It is a great idea provided it doesn't become an additional gatekeeper for pvp

Didnt even realize this when i made own thread about this, got the idea and instantly came to post it.. seems we thought of a bit same things.

+1 ofc

22 hours ago, Themystrix said:

Didnt even realize this when i made own thread about this, got the idea and instantly came to post it.. seems we thought of a bit same things.

+1 ofc

nope
I always google search the idea before posting. `wurm <topic>`
it's super quick, super easy and gives power to the idea through the +1's of every mind that has lent it creedance.
Otherwise you just get a dozen seperate posts, a page long each. a bunch of feathers instead of a 10 page petition.
*shrugs*
If the devs see a suggestion that's 10 pages long it gets noticed.
they're (generally) not going to see a 1 page suggestion then look for all the others to give it weight.
this is why i posted.
ideally there'd be a sub title asking users to search for their suggestions before posting but here we tend to think for ourselves.
and i tend to tend.

Edited by Steveleeb