Sign in to follow this  
Karthannar

Server modloader and nulls

Is there a way to get around this?

SEVERE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modsupport.actions.WrappedBehaviour: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.karth.wurmunlimited.mods.spookycreatures.KarthUtils.getVillageNum(KarthUtils.java:74)
        at org.karth.wurmunlimited.mods.spookycreatures.actions.GenericActions.action(GenericActions.java:69)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modsupport.actions.ActionPerformerBehaviour.action(ActionPerformerBehaviour.java:82)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modsupport.actions.WrappedBehaviour.lambda$action$9(WrappedBehaviour.java:102)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modsupport.actions.WrappedBehaviour.action(WrappedBehaviour.java:211)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modsupport.actions.WrappedBehaviour.action(WrappedBehaviour.java:102)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modsupport.actions.ActionPerformerChain.action(ActionPerformerChain.java:77)
*snip*

Basically I'm trying to call "getVillage().getDeedId()" but whenever I'm not on a tile that's part of a deed it tries to spit out a null value which causes the above. I've tried quite a bit and I can't figure out how to get around that. Anyone better at this than me have any insight?

Edited by Karthannar

if (vt.getVillage()!=null) {
	// do whatever you need with the village
} else {
	// handle case when not on village
}

• Like 1