Sign in to follow this  
Cerberus

Computer issues

Well computer went kaput a while back. Which is why I vanished and have been away forever. Just been too busy working to have the time to send it out for repairs a second time. Been busy planning a long trip and building the savings to enjoy it. Will start with a hike on The King's Trail in Sweden. 415 kilometers. Always did enjoy hiking and the outdoors. From there perhaps Germany, France and England. Keeping a loose itinerary to just enjoy Europe without being rushed. Would be nice to meet some friends from Wurm along the way, perhaps some suggestions of must see and experience places. Cheaper car rentals or hostels perhaps. Currently thinking May as when I will start my trip.

• Like 8

Glad to see you still kickin' Cerb ;)

If you manage to trek all the way over here to Oregon, give me a holler!

• Like 1

Oh, Kungsleden :D Welcome to Sweden Cerberus!

Edit: That passes near where I was born in suthern Lappland, Hemavan beeing the closest village to mine.

I live in Stockholm now thou.

Edited by Cecci
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cecci said:

Oh, Kungsleden :D Welcome to Sweden Cerberus!

Edit: That passes near where I was born in suthern Lappland, Hemavan beeing the closest village to mine.

I live in Stockholm now thou.

Will be landing in Stockholm then heading to the Kungsleden after that. Weather wise looks like May is a good start. Not too hot for the hike. 

Hopefully  the frost will be gone from the land, but it does seem a bit early, make sure the cabins are open that early in season!

Keep me posted on when you arrive in Stockholm!

Edit again: The cabins close at end of winter season april/may and open again for summer season at around Midsummer.

Edited by Cecci

51 minutes ago, Cecci said:

Hemavan beeing the closest village to mine.

And im from just outside Mo i Rana, Norway.

*cross-border high five*

• Like 1

Cabins? People use those instead of just using the tent? ? perhaps using the emergency cabins for extreme weather. The boats on the other hand, yea need to be sure that I am there in an open season. So many lakes. I'm going to go insane waiting. Can barely stand being stationary this long. Winter sucks.

2 hours ago, Nordlys said:

And im from just outside Mo i Rana, Norway.

*cross-border high five*

I have a cousin in Mosjöen, that guy who fell in a work accident if you remember, it was some years ago.

I'm from Storuman.

When I was 15 I ran away to Mo i Rana and met a group of hardrockers who played at the high school one evening, and in daytime we all sat at the "Snack Bar".

I just recently found out one of them is now a wellknown photographer in Norway :)

*highfives back*

Edited by Cecci
typo
  • Like 1

Hey I'm doing the same thing this summer! I'll be starting my trip in Ramstein, Germany, though.

Gather all the sights, maybe share a few when you get back!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Well computer went kaput a while back. Which is why I vanished and have been away forever. Just been too busy working to have the time to send it out for repairs a second time. Been busy planning a long trip and building the savings to enjoy it. Will start with a hike on The King's Trail in Sweden. 415 kilometers. Always did enjoy hiking and the outdoors. From there perhaps Germany, France and England. Keeping a loose itinerary to just enjoy Europe without being rushed. Would be nice to meet some friends from Wurm along the way, perhaps some suggestions of must see and experience places. Cheaper car rentals or hostels perhaps. Currently thinking May as when I will start my trip.

Shads said you better go visit him.

• Like 1

If you plan to visit the very top of Kebnekaise, don’t make the same mistake as I did. Tired from the walk, me and my companions took a 10 minute break in the cabin just below the very top. It was clear sight so pictures were gonna be awesome. The cabin had no windows and when we stepped outside again we didn’t see ######. A cloud had decided it would be a great idea to sweep in.

Picture from the very top, lol.

4-B040-A0-B-6328-4084-A3-D4-BDB4-DB34-EE

I hope you will have a good time in Sweden!

Edited by Sharkin
  • Like 3