Sign in to follow this  
Wilczan

Filling empty gap between walls and roof on top floors

On top floors, if you put a door on corridor, etc. you end up with empty space above the door wich looks rather bad.

Got two ideas for working it out.

I experimented with different fences above the door and found that stone fence works good on that:

vFtEuNS.jpgAtjeXOr.jpg

Problem is, that this fence stick out on outside part:

RRDxD7Q.jpgnRaRJ5R.jpg

With a portion of good will, it could be treated like a chimneys sticking out of the roof, but well...

So, solultion would be just making new triangle fence (with all materials types options).

Second approach would be making an option for each roof tile, let's called it "integration", wich is set to ON by default (right click on roof to change it by a builder/person with permissions).

If roof is "integrated", then it behave like roofs used to.

If integration is set to OFF then roof act like there were no roofs on alligned tiles, and just covers tiles below it. Does not connect to other existing roofs.

• Like 7

or maybe have an option you can activate your mallet and "fill to roof" on wall (and will continue graphic all the way to roof).

Thats how it works on softplan anyway :P

Please yes.  Building interior walls with roofs they way the currently work is painful.

Yes, very much this. I was grappling with this issue a while ago trying to build some nice interiors and it was a pain.

By default all walls should extend to the ceiling.

I think we also need the ability to build a floor (ceiling) under the roof, and that could allow us to create attic spaces within larger roofs.

• Like 1

Ceilings would fix this.  

For a functional ceiling without a mass of huge changes (I think) just allow both a floor and a roof on the same level.

Edit:  Just spotted that @Spazmunki13 had already suggested that.

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

Ceilings would fix this.  

For a functional ceiling without a mass of huge changes (I think) just allow both a floor and a roof on the same level.

I was thinking the same, but I do like being able to have vaulted ceilings, too.  +1 to both

• Like 1