Sign in to follow this  
Joneya

Slowdown loading the login screen - PC or client side issue?

I have been playing WU for a few years now with the same setup without any issues. The last week or so I have noticed this new and annoying issue - the game is still playable, but I get some odd lag issue for the login screen?

It basically looks like this when it freezes up:
 kRfVuq.jpg

It will get running again after a little while of waiting around, but a few times I've had the windows error message about an unresponsive program popping up, asking me if I want to close it or wait for it to respond.
(And I have tried removing anything in the background that doesnt need to be running, and it will act like this from the get go as I start my computer for the day, so its not some memory leak build up somewhere.)

The only thing I can think might have happened is I did install the latest java update very recently. I tried uninstalling then re-installing the last version manually.B54OWt.jpg

Now the last thing I can do is try an older version of java perhaps? Or wait til they update java again?

Any other ideas on what I could try? I mean, the game is playable - but anyone who uses computers a lot will know how annoying lag (especially where it didnt use to be) can be.

I am not even sure its a java issue - its just the only thing I can recall happening recently that could have any ties to this. The computer runs fine otherwise and the game runs just fine even with high settings once I get past that annoying login screen.
I have had issues where I cant load any other characters though - cause the login window will in fact freeze to the point where I have to force the application to close. And the behavior is new = I got a feeling it could be fixed somehow if I just do the right thing..

Thanks in advance.

Wurm Unlimited uses a bundled Java, so updating it wont effect your issue.

have a look at your keybindings.txt files for multiple entries...

• Like 2

To reset it I can just delete the keybindings and it will download a basic one, right?

That did it \o/ Thank you so much :) So simple.. see - I needed help - lol