Sign in to follow this  
Roccandil

Paved cave exits are slower than paved cave tiles

I notice I slow down on my paved cave entrances/exits, as if the paving is ignored for movement. Is that intended?

I can confirm that there is a change of behaviour of the rendering, and possibly of more, once one crosses the border of the underground and surface worlds. It is not limited to pavings. There is always some hiccup in terms of a couple of milliseconds - probably more and growing in distance to the Wurm servers and with net induced latency. But that one was not feelable in central Europe til lately.

Moreover, minedoors first open (with the hitched horses' surface display arriving from above) then appear closed already during crossing for a few milliseconds . On tunnel exit, the Knarr's or Caravel's nose does a deep dive into the surface waters before sailing straight again. Here too, a slowdown of movement can be recognized.

I do not know the reasons for that change, suspect there exist some. But the previous tunnel exit rendering was definitely smoother.

I should have added that this is only on foot: not on horse/cart/wagon/boat. It doesn't appear to be a rendering issue, or a jitter: a toon's walking speed just slows when hitting the entrance tile, as if it isn't paved.

On 2/3/2019 at 9:17 AM, Ekcin said:

Moreover, minedoors first open (with the hitched horses' surface display arriving from above) then appear closed already during crossing for a few milliseconds

This is probably the same issue, which also for me happens with gates and mine doors, as