Sign in to follow this  
Ekcin

Allow multiple PMK insignia designs

Recently there were a number of questions, partially sharp complaints about changes of PMK insignia (banners, wagons etc.) sold to PvE Freedomers.  See this thread for example

The discussion brought the result that every PMK has exactly one slot for insignia graphics templates. Once they change them (ofc legitimately) all, also already sold items change to the new appearance. Especially for Freedom dwellers who bought those items for their "old" appearance and made and have them fit the appearance of buildings and furniture, this is highly unpleasant. But moreover, the insignia design is player developed artswork and graphics content, and it is sad when it disappears without a trace.

I am in no way a java developer and mostly thinking within the framework of procedural programming (mainly in C), but I cannot imagine that it would be that hard or such a waste of resources to allow several sets of insignia designs. This would not only satisfy buyers of PMK insignia but also strengthen the sense for tradition and history in the PMK (if that is a topic there) as they could display the old banners of former rulers and battles.

• Like 1

I wonder if there is a way for devs to set the previous design as the design of an imaginary dead kingdom and make all the already made items part of the imaginary dead kingdom  when changing the design of a pmk. 

Yeah i'll just reiterate what I've said elsewhere. Art should be interchangeable on individual items if there was a previous version of the kingdom art - with a right click menu "change art."

Otherwise if you allow PMK to change art they will likely abuse it hard. What do I mean by this? Well you're going to have them change art every 6 months and try to sell that new kingdom wagon. Doesn't seem fair for the consumer.

Edited by Niki