Sign in to follow this  
kochinac

Diversify Affinity distribution with alcohols and other improvments

I did test and made 10 barrels of red wine and 10 barrels of white whine with 10 different woodscrap on each variant. And on my great dissapointment i found out that around 6-7 affinities are overlapping. So instead of possible 20 different affinities i only have around 13. That is very, very bad. Also variants with distilling different berry/fruit gin/brandy with rare/normal still overlap a lot which loose a lot of potential affinities range from this drinks.

Affinities from beverages are in terrible state, it's very hard to get big range(maybe imposible to get whole range) of affinities, they last relativly short and can be very hard to make high ql. Non alcohols ones are not even worth the trouble. Their only benefit against food is that they can be stored relativly easier and are more convinient for trips. I'm not sure how affinities calculate on drinks but change base values or something so we can get more diferent results. Also moonshine, whisky, vodka have only 3 possible variants if you have rare and supreme still which is silly considering  different ways we can make moonshine would be neat if that can be part of equation while distiling. I don't get it why we dont have pineapple variants of gin and brandy. Mead should age like wine do considering realism and difficulty of aquiring honey. We should be able to make wines from berries(rasberries and bluberies atleast, getting blackberry ingame would be also cool cuz after grape, blackberry wine is most famous). Rift wood should be used to make special rift wines. Also we are lacking fermented beverages made from milk which are very common in some africa and asia parts. Agava plants spawning in desert like linbgoberry in tundra for making tequila would be awesome. Plums that would be fermented to make famous serbian šljivovica(plum schnapps). Beer should be made from wheat also, not just barley. Flavoured beers, kvas, flavoured kvas.  Mead can be distilled to get distilled mead. We are mising so much. If only part of this is implemented, drinks can be viable affinities compared to pizzas.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

Out of curiosity, did you enable "fix affinities" in your profile?

Hmm, no I haven't. Already had set of meals working for me and didn't want to bother loosing that setup. You think it would change situation?

+1  Lots of good suggestions in OP.  

However, if any of these are implemented, only hope that none of my current affinities are not lost!

Especially as my cooking affinities are not 'fixed'.... as I do not want to lose the alcoholic affinities I have atm.