Sign in to follow this  
John

New Elevation map (to accompany HoTA rework)

The current Elevation map on Epic is based around several islands surrounding a central island known to most people as the HoTA island. It's very flat and very empty except for the central island which has gotten most of the attention due to the importance of HoTA.

If there was to be a new Elevation map, I'd also like to see the map reduced. Currently, a playerbase similar to Chaos' (at least according to /who statistics and such) is spread across several servers. If we make all the servers 4km x 4km, we will have a cluster about the size of Chaos which would be much more appropriate with the current playerbase on Epic.

I really enjoy playing on Epic, even though we are a rather limited number of players. A smaller, new Elevation map would make it more enjoyable to actually play on the central server, instead of spending an hour just to get to where your enemies are holed up.

• Like 2

Considering that current deed locations around hota will lose their importance and will most likely abandoned /  moved anyway, it would be a perfect time to replace the map.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

It's a best time to replace it.

Some may say that there is no point, couse almost none is playing there right now, but that also is a perfect reason to do that.

Replacing now, would reduce damage done to minimum.

Of course should be smaller (8x8 like home servers).

• Like 1

+1. Granted, I don't have a deed on Elevation, so would be minimally affected.

• Like 1

-1 rather than another epic reset which will get people playing epic for a few months then stop again, I would prefer a new map be built into a reworking of epic\chaos\pvp servers overhall., There needs to be only one place to pvp, be it chaos or epic, there arnt enough players to support two pvp environments.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Threap said:

-1 rather than another epic reset which will get people playing epic for a few months then stop again, I would prefer a new map be built into a reworking of epic\chaos\pvp servers overhall., There needs to be only one place to pvp, be it chaos or epic, there arnt enough players to support two pvp environments.

I'm not suggesting this to get people to play on Epic. I just want it more enjoyable for myself and others who play are currently enjoying Epic. The home servers have thriving communities as far as I've seen - let's make it easier for us to "visit" each other and also hang out on Elevation, which is mostly abandoned as it is.

PvP needs some more attention, sure - maybe even an overhaul. But this is not it. I fail to see why you're against a new map, just because there aren't enough players to support two PvP environments. Epic is a fair bit more than just Wurm with PvP enabled.

• Like 3

I'm gonna bump this to give it a bit of attention. Also a good idea to reduce the map size back to what it as before, especially considering the low server pop on Epic these days. With a new HoTA, there should be a new map where the HoTA isn't at the centre of the world anymore.

• Like 1