Sign in to follow this  
Sn00

New new hota

I disagree with the new hota (so here is the new new hota) since I think it's too long and focuses more about the big journey for all the towers and therefore removes some part of the sandbox mentality.

I will therefor put forward a suggestion how I would have made it.

I like the idea of roaming but I personally think that the use of towers is wrong. So we will scrap that idea and go for monuments instead.

Let's call it.

Hunt of the Immortals

Once a day 1 of 5 messages appear.

Nogump the Dirty releases his sons, the Hunt of Immortals is on!

Jackal releases the smoke, the Hunt of Immortals is on!
The Deathcrawler releases it's minions, the Hunt of Immortals is on!
Pharmakos releases his brew, the Hunt of Immortals is on!

The Treekeeper releases the flora, the Hunt of Immortals is on!

Upon the Hunt a random event area on Chaos is chosen and it will spawn the corresponding enemies, not in a bunch of enemies but enough to sort out alts and make it a bit more interesting, nothing can be built inside this area.

In this area there will also spawn 1 monument corresponding to each immortal. This monument serves the whole conquering mechanic and when you manage to claim it you will win.

The monument will take 10 minute to conquer and the conquering mechanic will be interrupted by combat. This system I believe will serve as a more interesting system as a whole

since it's based more on lore than just gameplay. It will also be shorter than the current concept but longer than current hota, it will focus on the PvP more instead of exploring but still remove the 1 kingdom domination from the Hunt.

Edited by Sn00
  • Like 3

Personally dislike the idea of having this crap randomly spawning on a pretty big map,sure it sounds great on paper - changing environments for more fun and different approaches to PvP each time, but all we are going to get is 3 hours of not finding the area to pvp and then going to deed because we can't be arsed.

Other than that I'll +1 it compared to what they currently suggest

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Firecat said:

Personally dislike the idea of having this crap randomly spawning on a pretty big map,sure it sounds great on paper - changing environments for more fun and different approaches to PvP each time, but all we are going to get is 3 hours of not finding the area to pvp and then going to deed because we can't be arsed.

Other than that I'll +1 it compared to what they currently suggest

Agreed, I think that a marker that helps us in the general direction to remove the "searching around endlessly" part is needed.

• Like 1

I do believe that there should be some essence of forced combat with the HOTA, that much I agree with you on, and it would be nice to get valrei creatures back.

However, the spawning mechanics in this game are complete garbage, and thusly anything that relies on them will inherently be broken as well. Also, this seems way too easy in comparison to the current HOTA, and aside from the actual cap timer there is hardly any room for another kingdom to contest with you, especially if you find it first. This would be another tower-conq-nerf situation where now the only time an action will actually be contested by another kingdom is out of sheer stupidity or a rash and impulsive decision.

Overall -1, this does nothing to address the actual problems that plague HOTA and unlike the newly proposed concept, this version actually reintroduces some of the old problems the current system has. Seems to me like a suggestion based off of the dominant perspective only, and not wanting to lift a finger off the chair, which gee look who it's coming from. Go figure right?

Edited by whereami
  • Like 2

I don't see how this encourages pvp.  Whichever kingdom finds it first will send a group and conquer it like a random tower.  It sounds very boring.

Edited by Galatyn
  • Like 2

It takes takes about an hour to cross Chaos/Elevation. Whoever it gets spawned next to wins, unless it somehow spawns right in between the opposing kingdoms - which seems unlikely. I don't like it.

Edit: I will say though, anything with some basis in lore is good.

Edited by John

17 hours ago, whereami said:

Seems to me like a suggestion based off of the dominant perspective only, and not wanting to lift a finger off the chair, which gee look who it's coming from. Go figure right?

I've seen this from many different perspectives, though I've never seen my enemies deeds during a full PvP ban so you're +1 from me there.

17 hours ago, Galatyn said:

I don't see how this encourages pvp.  Whichever kingdom finds it first will send a group and conquer it like a random tower.  It sounds very boring.

When I thought about it more, yes this would probably happen and that's something I didn't intend, it could however be solved by putting in a timer until won.

Kingdom 1 Conquering for 10 min it then starts a 1 hour timer until it's won by the holding kingdom.
If it's conquered by Kingdom 2 the countdown resets creating another hour

• Like 1

That mechanic might work - at least I had experience with a very similar one in another pvp game.  Need to set rhe timers correctly though with regard to population abd server size. 

2 hours ago, Jaz said:

That mechanic might work - at least I had experience with a very similar one in another pvp game.  Need to set rhe timers correctly though with regard to population abd server size. 

True, I agree with you there.