Sign in to follow this  
Angelklaine

Trader Item Suggestions

So here I would like to add a few things that traders should have. I don't know why some of these are not a thing, as they would provide QoL increases without breaking the game. So here's what:

1) Magical Lunch Box - Just as the standard lunch box, but this one makes food and liquids never go bad while inside. It has the same compartments, one for liquids and one for food. Weighs 1.0 and costs 15s at the trader.

2) Pitcher Pump - Using this pump will turn a tile into a water tile, giving you the ability to place a water tile wherever you want. You can then place down a well or a fountain as normal for unlimited water. Single use. Weighs 5.0 and costs 10s at the trader.

3) Barometer - Using this would tell you the distance from where you stand to where the water table is (How much slope). Single use. Weighs 2.0 and costs 1s at the trader.

4) Mining Charge - When used this item removes a single rock tile or vein, including reinforced tiles. Only works off deed. Does not work on Chaos. Single use. Weighs 3.0 and costs 5s at the trader. 

5) Bartender Contract - Just like a Merchant, the Bartender Contract allows you to place down a merchant that deals solely with small liquid containers and food items. Items on the merchant do not decay. Weighs 0 and costs 15s at the trader.

6) Beast Whistle - When used, this whistle turns an aggresive animal (non monster) creature into passive permanently. Single use. Weighs 1.0 and costs 5s at the trader.

Thoughts?

Edited by Angelklaine
  • Like 6

+1 to general idea. :) 

33 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

1) Magical Lunch Box - Just as the standard lunch box, but this one makes food and liquids never go bad while inside. It has the same compartments, one for liquids and one for food. Weighs 1.0 and costs 15s at the trader.

I need this.

2) Pitcher Pump - Using this pump will turn a tile into a water tile, giving you the ability to place a water tile wherever you want. You can then place down a well or a fountain as normal for unlimited water. Single use. Weighs 5.0 and costs 10s at the trader.

I need this too.

3) Barometer - Using this would tell you the distance from where you stand to where the water table is (How much slope). Single use. Weighs 2.0 and costs 1s at the trader.

I don't need this, but can see where it would be useful.

4) Mining Charge - When used this item removes a single rock tile or vein, including reinforced tiles. Only works off deed. Does not work on Chaos. Single use. Weighs 3.0 and costs 5s at the trader. 

I don't need this, but can see where it would be extremely useful.

5) Bartender Contract - Just like a Merchant, the Bartender Contract allows you to place down a merchant that deals solely with small liquid containers and food items. Items on the merchant do not decay. Weighs 0 and costs 15s at the trader.

Don't need it, but sounds cool.

6) Beast Whistle - When used, this whistle turns an aggresive animal (non monster) creature into passive permanently. Single use. Weighs 1.0 and costs 5s at the trader.

This is only one I'm not sure about. What's the purpose of this one?

1 minute ago, Roccandil said:

This is only one I'm not sure about. What's the purpose of this one?

House cat.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

House cat.

And house bear, and house croc, and house anaconda... :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

So here I would like to add a few things that traders should have. I don't know why some of these are not a thing, as they would provide QoL increases without breaking the game. So here's what:

----------------------------------------------

Sounds like something I need too. But I wonder how usefull will be to justify investment. I like to go to mining/hunting trips for couple of days and I like to have my affinities with me to use everyday with having dmg on meals and I need several affinities so several meal slices won't fit in it. And for liquids they either don't decay or have other ways to prevent decay. So I would remove liquid container part and make room for maybe around 5 meal slices (if slices could be less than 2kg so we could fit more that would be ideal)

The thing that we definitely need. At first I thought that it would be more immersive through some Fo spell however considering how often we would use this this is perfect solution.(Would still like Fo spell on container that would slowly fill it with water, would be awesome for hunting waterskins) So huge +1 on this from me.

---------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------

Funny enough I currently work on new deed and need this. 

---------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------

Not bad alternative for removing veins for lava tiles if you really want it gone fast, definitely would be cheaper to put deed to remove reinforcement. Would not see it used much...

-------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------

Definitely huge +1 also. We so much need this. People would probably set personal bartenders to store food for personal use like they do with merchants but who cares. Also would like to see liquids sold more efficient than selling them in small containers, like giving bartender barrel from which player can buy shots, otherwise wouldn't be much efficient (like putting 50 cups of moonshine for example players can buy individualy and having place for nothing else if they would work as merchants)

------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------

I guess would be usefull for hell horses, why not.

--------------------------------------------

Thoughts?

Suggestion is so good that I feel need to give comments to each one :) Generaly +1. I dropped thoughts in qoute beneath every suggestion.

Also would add gold mirror.

Great effort you put :)

3 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

Most looking interesting or fine, but the above is unacceptable, even for 50s. It has been stated repeatedly that off deed reinforcements are not free game for everyone due to good reasons. That is true also if somebody would throw RL money insanely, there are such "players".

Edited by Ekcin
addendum
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ekcin said:

Most looking interesting or fine, but the above is unacceptable, even for 50s. It has been stated repeatedly that off deed reinforcements are not free game for everyone due to good reasons. That is true also if somebody would throw RL money insanely, there are such "players".

That one can be changed to simply just remove veins. But to be honest, removing reinforcements can be done rather well with a high channeling desintegrate priest, if you are so concerned about off deed reinforcements.

High channeling priests worked for and deserved their ability, and their channeling must be truly high. Those are usually experienced and responsible players, and disintegrate is not easy to use, even with high channeling, and will rarely be used irresponsibly if ever.

A possibility to destroy reinforcements just by throwing money in would be potentially detrimental.

Edited by Ekcin
typo

In case leave this income source to the priests who worked hard to get to such levels of channeling skill. Would be unfair to cash it out.

+1 for all but last

champs/uniques shouldnt be pets, but.. yea.. champ cashshop item is a good sellout item for sure.

--edit

9 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

i can just throw silver at the priest to do it though

who's gonna pay 5s per wall?

who pays 5s for sleep powders?

Edited by Finnn

+1 to all.  

I also want an item which can be applied to barding to colour it.

This is why the Wurm Shop needs to be upgraded to sell these types of items exclusively for RL currencies to gain additional game income. Never should these types of items be sold on Traders as those who make silver in game through various activities will just pay for it to Traders and pure game income is bypassed. Of course this is why some players suggest and prefer this Trader sales method as they either earn these silvers in game or buy the silvers from other players (as evidenced by those WTB silver posts).

Nope to all of this then. These types of things are perfect for sales through the Wurm Shop only and should be reserved for that future prospect.

=Ayes=

52 minutes ago, Ayes said:

This is why the Wurm Shop needs to be upgraded to sell these types of items exclusively for RL currencies to gain additional game income. Never should these types of items be sold on Traders as those who make silver in game through various activities will just pay for it to Traders and pure game income is bypassed. Of course this is why some players suggest and prefer this Trader sales method as they either earn these silvers in game or buy the silvers from other players (as evidenced by those WTB silver posts).

Nope to all of this then. These types of things are perfect for sales through the Wurm Shop only and should be reserved for that future prospect.

=Ayes=

In game currency (silver) is exclusively obtained from real life money and removed from circulation with sinks such as trader sales and deed upkeep. Contrary to popular belief, traders dont produce silver from "king's coffers" out of thin air. Silver generating activities such as foraging and hunting silver random rewards or trader drains come from money that has filled the coffers partially through currency sinks (like deed upkeeps). This is why traders on Epic are always broke (not enough upkeep money coming in).

Using traders is perfectly fine as someone always pay real life money for it. It also allows players who do not have the financial disposition others do, to acquire this items themselves.

A real life cash shop would hurt the Wurm economy more than you think.

Edited by Angelklaine

14 hours ago, Ekcin said:

High channeling priests worked for and deserved their ability, and their channeling must be truly high. Those are usually experienced and responsible players, and disintegrate is not easy to use, even with high channeling, and will rarely be used irresponsibly if ever.

A possibility to destroy reinforcements just by throwing money in would be potentially detrimental.

Only reinforcements within someone else's perimeter are safe from people throwing money at them.  Otherwise you can just drop a small deed temporarily and remove the reinforcements in your way.  This is way cheaper than buying the proposed item in most cases because you can remove as many as you want on your new deed.

As far as disintegrate casting goes, its a very small chance for success and can take several 100k favor if the RNG gods prefer it that way.  No way is it a reliable way to terraform on freedom.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, madnezz said:

Only reinforcements within someone else's perimeter are safe from people throwing money at them.  Otherwise you can just drop a small deed temporarily and remove the reinforcements in your way.  This is way cheaper than buying the proposed item in most cases because you can remove as many as you want on your new deed.

As far as disintegrate casting goes, its a very small chance for success and can take several 100k favor if the RNG gods prefer it that way.  No way is it a reliable way to terraform on freedom.

The way I see these being viable is for people making a tunnel during a project and then ending up stopped by a rogue reinforcement left from ages old deeds. We could even make the charge not work on perimeter tiles either. Anything past that can be removed by dropping a deed anyways so there is no harm. This item is a mere convenience for those not wanting to count tiles or climbing a mountain to drop a deed.

1 hour ago, madnezz said:

We have two deeds touching each other and no way to put the tile in question in a deed since we have tunnel houses linking the two deeds which already cost a lot to create with bases in both deeds. It is also stupid that erupt no longer works on enforced mine walls.  The change was made and never explained.