Sign in to follow this  
Kelody

White Lighter priests and Hots Kingdom

Pre-priest patch,  a white lighter priest that joined hots was Lib on Chaos, and kept God on Freedom. Now Lib follows the player home. My mag follower now has no diety on freedom just from visiting Chaos, having been hots already. He was 30 faith Magranon before visiting. My 100 faith Fo priest ended up a 100 faith Lib priest on freedom (and 1 faith on Chaos) from joining Hots on Chaos.

Either the wiki needs to be fixed, or this needs to be fixed and players need to be informed, possibly even putting up a WSA for priests not to join black light kingdoms. The wiki needs fixing on the priest page and a warning added about possible priest/faith loss. In the past, chaos religion didn't effect freedom, it should continue to be so seeing as faith is still not connected. A statement of the intended way this should work, and making it work that way would help players like me know if I can't join friends on Blacklight kingdoms.

This does not effect player gods.

• Like 2

Oh I didn't know this... I am a Libila priest. Does this mean if I join a white light kingdom I may loose my faith? Does it work both ways?

So after the update this is how it should have gone, please tell me if this is not what happened to you.

Non-lib on Freedom, Lib on chaos.

-> If you were on chaos at that time, you stay as Lib when you move off chaos.

-> If you were on freedom at that time and transferred to chaos, you were set to Lib and kept your faith - you're then free to /transfer to whatever you want as long as it aligns with your kingdom.

Using /transfer after the update

-> If you're on Chaos it would only let you change to a god that aligns with your kingdom.

-> On Freedom it allows you to switch to whatever you want (as your kingdom isn't known). Transferring back to Chaos at this point would then set your deity to nothing if your god does not align with your Chaos kingdom.

I'm guessing that last point is what happened to you, after you transferred to Chaos once already (where it would have automatically set you to Lib to align with your kingdom there) then came back to Freedom and transferred to Mag. I did put in warnings to all of the converting windows pre-update that has this line:

"Warning: Converting to Libila while on a Freedom server then transferring to Chaos while already in a WL based kingdom will remove your faith and any bonuses gained. Transferring to Chaos into a BL based kingdom will keep your Libila faith and bonuses."

Though I can see that wording doesn't quite cover your situation, as I was focused on the Lib and WL kingdom interaction (didn't really expect people to go a WL god and expect to stay in a BL kingdom sorry).

I'll fix up the wording of all the warnings to make it clear that you'll lose faith if your kingdom and god don't align.

In the past, Chaos and Freedom religions and kingdoms were independent. I had already used transfer on Freedom (indy) before going to Chaos as a BL kingdom. I was given no warnings when I crossed, no option to change kingdom. I just found out when returning to Freedom, I had no faith or religion anymore. This has happened again to another of my characters, a Vynora priest this time. I don't care whether I'm a priest or have any faith on Chaos. I do care it stripped 100 faith from my Freedom side. I did not pray or convert while on Chaos, I do not know if I have any faith while on Chaos.

Edited by Kelody

2 hours ago, Kelody said:

In the past, Chaos and Freedom religions and kingdoms were independent. I had already used transfer on Freedom (indy) before going to Chaos as a BL kingdom. I was given no warnings when I crossed, no option to change kingdom. I just found out when returning to Freedom, I had no faith or religion anymore. This has happened again to another of my characters, a Vynora priest this time. I don't care whether I'm a priest or have any faith on Chaos. I do care it stripped 100 faith from my Freedom side. I did not pray or convert while on Chaos, I do not know if I have any faith while on Chaos.

This is not true entirely. Before the change, if you were Vynora on Chaos on a WL kingdom and Vynora on freedom and you decided to join a bl kingdom, your religion automatically was reset to Libila (or lost faith) and your faith reset to 0. This stems from the fact that your deity no longer accepts you as their priest/follower. The same happened if you were Libila and was converted to a WL kingdom. Then, if you sailed to Freedom after the conversion on Chaos, Freedom took your new faith and applied it to Freedom, thus resetting your religion and faith.

The only problem/difference between the two is that since you couldnt be Libila on Freedom, the server wouldnt flip your faith when you crossed if you were Libila on Chaos. This allowed people to have dual faith Characters by being a WL template God on Freedom and Libila (and only Libila) on Chaos. This seems to have been your case.

Once the restriction to bring Libila to Freedom was lifted, the server started to calculate conversions both ways the way it should: If you are Vynora on Freedom and go to a BL pmk on Chaos, the game says "nay nay" and flips your faith, thus causing a faith change and a reset of faith to 0. This has always been in place, but the libila restriction never allowed the server to encounter this issue as the devs put the faith change block in place (from freedom wl to bl Chaos) as part of the restriction to prevent players from being WL template gods on BL kingdoms. And since you couldn't be Libila on Freedom, the reverse was never encountered.

This was not a change, its a mechanic working as intended the way it has always worked, only that now you can be Lib on Freedom so it throws off what people are used to. This implementation was announced by the devs in advance and it was clearly stated with ample time both in game (by means of global announcement) and in the forums.

This is what happened to the best of my understanding. @Buddaplease correct me if I am wrong.