Sign in to follow this  
Ostentatio

[Fixed] Demigod sermons read favor of demigod instead of template god

Currently, deity favor pools are shared between a god and their template demigods. So, for example, Fo gets favor from Nahjo prayers.

However, during a sermon, demigod favor doesn't seem to be reading from the template god's pool, which is misleading:

[13:36:14] You explain how Fo is strong but still needs you to work faithfully so that he may manifest his powers.

From a few hours prior:

[17:34:01] You explain how Nahjo is in the waning crescent and needs you to do a lot more for him so that he may manifest his powers.

Fo faith was definitely reading as "Fo is strong" as of a day ago, so it appears that Nahjo favor may properly be going to Fo, but sermons are still reading out Nahjo's favor accidentally. The Nahjo message provided is for the lowest tier of favor, which makes sense if all his favor is going to Fo as intended.

Does this also mean a template demigod will never be able to cast a global spell?

15 hours ago, Roccandil said:

Does this also mean a template demigod will never be able to cast a global spell?

Well for Nahjo on Xanadu, I don't see Fo's global spell (or any other global spell) in the spell list. This may be related to above issue, or something separate...

It was said in Emoo's stream earlier that all the demi-god priest should have the global spell of their god, so...

26.january on ca help:

[19:39:30] <Faiwyn> Question about priest journal Nahjo doesnt have global spell what affect all but priest journal have that on mission. is that bug or "feature"
[19:40:35] <Shydow> Holy crop is a global spell, if I am not mistaken Faiwyn
[19:40:56] <Faiwyn> not visible on spell list what taken from altar
[19:42:03] <Pashka> (Ind) global spells used to not show on the altar unless they were available or near available

On 1/31/2019 at 8:24 PM, monsterix said:

[19:42:03] <Pashka> (Ind) global spells used to not show on the altar unless they were available or near available

Holy Crop was not visible to my Nahjo priest a short while before the spell was cast on Xanadu. So, either the spell is missing, or if it only shows when available, it's not showing because of the favor pool issue.

Demi-gods do not have their own global spells anymore, thus it is intended for prayers and sermons from a demi-god to feed into the template god's favor pool.

1 hour ago, Keenan said:

Demi-gods do not have their own global spells anymore, thus it is intended for prayers and sermons from a demi-god to feed into the template god's favor pool.

They were supposed to be shared all around as if they were the same priest, weren't they?  So template and player god fill the same pool and both can cast from the same pool

It's the intention I recall, and even from the priest overhaul thread "Rites now function off of template god favor pool when cast by a demigod."

2 hours ago, MrGARY said:

They were supposed to be shared all around as if they were the same priest, weren't they?  So template and player god fill the same pool and both can cast from the same pool

It's the intention I recall, and even from the priest overhaul thread "Rites now function off of template god favor pool when cast by a demigod."

I verified the intention with Budda. It may have changed since the overhaul thread.

That's weird, it's the same line in the patch notes for live release as well, the overhaul thread was just easier to find.  It means it's intentional that even 20 of the same 100 faith player god priests are unable to cast a rite for their journal without relying on a lone template priest to link to for a cast.

imagine being on chaos and doing 60k prayers on your own just to find out your priest can't even cast the rite because hes not a libila priest and is instead tosiek, and your kingdom is wl

p broken system

I misunderstood Budda's reply and pushed a fix for this so that demi-gods reference their template deity favor.

Sorry for the confusion.