Sign in to follow this  
Flubb

Priest network for teleporting services

With the introduction of "Summon Soul", we can at last transport players to our location and conquer the vastness of Xanadu a little bit more; if only we knew who to talk to in order to get somewhere...

This thread aims to gather information about willing and capable priests across Xanadu offering to transport travellers. Just post here or PM me to have your priest registered in the list.

The map is nothing fancy yet, just a modified Leaflet example I clobbered together and hamfisted into my Django server. Could still be developed into something similar to the community map but I doubt the overhead will ever justify that. I'll just pour it in "manually", given that there aren't and won't be many entries on here.

http://31.170.106.60/wo/priests/

Priest Contacts:

Player: Flubb (Radrohn, Tulon)

Timezone: UTC+1 / CET - About every evening past 18:00-19:00 for a couple of hours - online throughout the whole day at weekends.

Facilities: Tavern (free beds), runed mailbox (+5% size, Courier [97]), Guard Tower with 6 guards, Highway, public wagoner, a nearby desert and steppe to hunt in (wagoner could ship your goods back to your deed if connected.)

On 1/29/2019 at 8:02 PM, Shmeric said:

Priest name: Bluegiraffe (Nahjo)

Main contact: Shmeric

Time: 4-10PM UTC most days

Gimmicks:  bed, mailbox, highway; horses and food negotiable.

Notes: our island has "clothing optional" policy.

On 1/29/2019 at 8:47 PM, Qdlaty said:

Priest name: few priests, depends on which one is premed 

Main contact: Qdlaty

Time: vary, depends on day, irl workload, mainly 7-10pm GMT

Gimmicks: mailbox, highway, food negotiable, water :D

Notes: no destroying off deed plantations nor demolitions

On 1/29/2019 at 10:39 PM, zethreal said:

Priest: Limbeck

Main Contact: Limbeck / Zethreal

Location: Fraggle Rock - Very NE Corner N20 - Right at the East entrance to Fraggle Rock Canal

Time: 6pm ET - 12am ET m-f, varies

Gimmicks: Mailbox, Highway

Notes: Please do not destroy off-deed farm or plantations. My priest ends up wandering all over xan for strongwall & other stuff, so he may not always be available to teleport you to Fraggle Rock. I will always teleport willing victims to a safe location. (Safe = not steep, no lava, etc. I will also tell you if it's not at my deed or in a random location. I will not blind teleport you unless you're into that kind of thing.)

On 2/2/2019 at 1:37 PM, Soonwaldler said:

Priest: Bebopger

Main Contact: Extrusion / Sorion

Time: UTC+1  varies

Notes: I use different deeds, please contact me

On 2/4/2019 at 12:01 AM, rapidron said:

Priest name: Jakesully (Nahjo)

Main contact: Rapidron

Time: retired so on most days EDT

Gimmicks: mailbox, highway, horses and food available.

Notes: NEXA

On 2/4/2019 at 5:22 AM, Xallo said:

Priest Names: Alyeska, Xallo, Grieba (Bold are Main Contacts)

Times: Central US, Evenings on Weekdays / Daytime and Evenings on Weekends

Gimmicks: Top of the mountain, but connected to the highway. Have runed mailboxes. Can usually offer a free horse with basic gear, food, water, and whatever else you may need for your journey. Can also request to be teleported to wherever we're at for fun at almost any random given time we're online.

On 2/4/2019 at 12:21 PM, Wulfmaer said:

Priest Name: Astlyr (Nahjo)

Main Contact: Wulfmaer

Time: UK, varies

Gimmicks: runed mailbox, highway

On 2/4/2019 at 4:40 PM, Bloodscythe said:

Priest Name: Rabidscab

Main Contact:  Bloodscythe

Times:  Eastern Standard Mid morning to late evening and weekends

Accomodations/Gimmicks:  Concierge Desk can arrange use of lodging, horses, boat trips, great hunting , priest conversions, mailbox, food, travel tips.

Note: NEXA Alliance

On 4/17/2019 at 10:17 AM, Renate said:

Can usually summon daily to Newspring:

Priest Name: Ruth

Main Contact: Renate

Times: GMT morning/late evening/early night

Gimmicks: Mailbox, Highway, Merchants, free beds, Farmers Market, right beside Eden Community

On 5/5/2019 at 3:55 AM, Thorakkanath said:

Southeners' chipping in!

Priest name: Inspira & Biostar

Main Contact: Thorakkanath, Inspira or Vitrelle

TImes: all over the place, afternoons Central US time, evenings GMT time

Gimmicks: runed mailbox, beds (via concierge for now - Inn in development), food, conversions, highway access

Notes: no destroying anything offdeed, especially hedges or oaks - other than that have fun!

Please provide following information to register your priest(s)

- The ingame name you want to be contacted by

- Your timezone

- The map grid cell you are located at

Additonal information that may be helpful

- Your deed's name if it is registered on the community map; this will provide even better information about your patrons future whereabouts (You can name your deed regardless but if it's not on the map, it doesn't really provide any further information.)

- Times you are usually online ontop of your timezone (I won't require this for registration as it may be private, or people don't want to "commit" to the times they name. Although in any case the "usually online" times are, of course, only a hint and pose no obligation for you.)

- Any public zones and facilities at your deed that people can refer to during their stay?

General guidelines

The extent of the service you may provide is up to your own discretion; pricing can be determined in an open round here, and further services discussed in prviate between priest and patron. However, I would point out some obvious things:

Qualification:

Obviously you just need to be able to cast "Summon Soul" - be that using a battery and a 80+ faith or having a fully fledged 100 faith priest

Choose a convenient spot: I'd only be courteous to summon your patron to a place they can easily find their bearing in, such as the coast or something akin to a landmark that is recognizable on the map; ideally put them in an open place in the middle of your community map registered deed so they know exactly where they are. Dropping someone off in a dense forest would not be pleasant.

And talking about summon location...no griefing, obviously! Your patron must be able to leave with conventional methods (their feet) and not be endangered by the summoning spot! No lava tiles and steep slopes. Behave, or else.

Note for patrons: Enable climb before getting teleported. I'll also take complaints about shenanigans, which may get the offending priest off the list. Yes, I know, I'm the fun police.

For Patrons: I thought this was a given but the initial posts suggest it ought to be mentioned - the common courtesy expected from the priests here are asked of patrons as well. Don't randomly mess with the surroundings, people may not want to summon lightly again if people consistently take a hatchet to their off-deed orchards...

That's it for guidelines as for now, but it's subject to further suggestions and discussion, as is most of this thread.

Suggestions

- Extended services could include travelling somewhere else to perform the summon; again, this is up to your own discretion, wether you want to do that at all and how much you charge for that. I can imagine scenarios where I might have to take a boat somewhere else to drop someone off at a place they wouldn't reach on foot from my deed.

- Using the IRC ingame chat to handle requests for teleportation so one can just shout into the blue instead of having to work through this list and PM each individual priest who may or may not be on? I'd suggest using #PriestNetworkXanadu, but Freedom chat can probably take the burden for that, even at "maximum traction" I don't think people will request as many teleports that it has to go through different channels. People could technically be asking for teleports in there right now, but this thread may signal boost the possibility to begin with and make more people aware of it.

There's currently no active sermon group to boost priests into being capable to participate in this, but with enough requests I can offer my cathedral for this purpose.

Otherwise, keep an eye out for the Jolly Roger Monastery to open its gates again:

Lastly, a small credit/shoutout to @Shmeric, who came up with the original idea, but renounced taking the reigns over this little community project.

On 1/27/2019 at 1:07 PM, Shmeric said:

The day "summon soul" spell was announced, I said to myself "wow, that's a whole new service sector".

A server wide group or association of priests. Make a list with names, locations, map, usual gaming times. Set up some basic guidelines, agree on the price and conditions. There's our portal system!

That's what Wurm is all about. From players to players.

Edited by Flubb
Sermon group update
  • Like 7

Priest name: Bluegiraffe (Nahjo)

Main contact: Shmeric

Time: 4-10PM UTC most days

Gimmicks:  bed, mailbox, highway; horses and food negotiable.

Notes: our island has "clothing optional" policy.

Priest name: few priests, depends on which one is premed 

Main contact: Qdlaty

Time: vary, depends on day, irl workload, mainly 7-10pm GMT

Gimmicks: mailbox, highway, food negotiable, water :D

Notes: no destroying off deed plantations nor demolitions

Priest: Limbeck

Main Contact: Limbeck / Zethreal

Location: Fraggle Rock - Very NE Corner N20 - Right at the East entrance to Fraggle Rock Canal

Time: 6pm ET - 12am ET m-f, varies

Gimmicks: Mailbox, Highway

Notes: Please do not destroy off-deed farm or plantations. My priest ends up wandering all over xan for strongwall & other stuff, so he may not always be available to teleport you to Fraggle Rock. I will always teleport willing victims to a safe location. (Safe = not steep, no lava, etc. I will also tell you if it's not at my deed or in a random location. I will not blind teleport you unless you're into that kind of thing.)

Edited by zethreal

Priest: Bebopger

Main Contact: Extrusion / Sorion

Time: UTC+1  varies

Notes: I use different deeds, please contact me

Priest name: Jakesully (Nahjo)

Main contact: Rapidron

Time: retired so on most days EDT

Gimmicks: mailbox, highway, horses and food available.

Priest Names: Alyeska, Xallo, Grieba (Bold are Main Contacts)

Times: Central US, Evenings on Weekdays / Daytime and Evenings on Weekends

Gimmicks: Top of the mountain, but connected to the highway. Have runed mailboxes. Can usually offer a free horse with basic gear, food, water, and whatever else you may need for your journey. Can also request to be teleported to wherever we're at for fun at almost any random given time we're online.

Priest Name: Astlyr (Nahjo)

Main Contact: Wulfmaer

Time: UK, varies

Gimmicks: runed mailbox, highway

Priest Name: Rabidscab

Main Contact:  Bloodscythe

Times:  Eastern Standard Mid morning to late evening and weekends

Accomodations/Gimmicks:  Concierge Desk can arrange use of lodging, horses, boat trips, great hunting , priest conversions, mailbox, food, travel tips.

Note: NEXA Alliance

Bump. Added a simple map for an overview. Used the deed markers on the comm map if available for reference, otherwise it was guesswork.

The south is looking pretty sparse, where ya'll at, southern priests? :P

Heya, good idea and just missed the thread. Can usually summon daily to Newspring:

Priest Name: Ruth

Main Contact: Renate

Times: GMT morning/late evening/early night

Gimmicks: Mailbox, Highway, Merchants, free beds, Farmers Market, right beside Eden Community

Southeners' chipping in!

Priest name: Inspira & Biostar

Main Contact: Thorakkanath, Inspira or Vitrelle

TImes: all over the place, afternoons Central US time, evenings GMT time

Gimmicks: runed mailbox, beds (via concierge for now - Inn in development), food, conversions, highway access

Notes: no destroying anything offdeed, especially hedges or oaks - other than that have fun!