Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

New HotA System

3 hours ago, Mclavin said:

Do you mean a new Ele map, or a reset? Resetting the current map is no point.

New Elevation map, because the current map is centered around the HoTA. That doesn't make sense if the HoTA is to be removed. A simple reset wouldn't help much.

Edited by John
  • Like 1

can we just scrap the chaos map and give us an old-ele structured and sized (but new) map

im gonna be honest, on the current iteration of chaos this is gonna be about as much fun as well.. i can't even think of anything

the idea is good, but the map sucks for it, and the map already sucks for our current playerbase size

Edited by platinumteef
  • Like 9

I really wouldn't mind except leave the Chaos map as a legacy or hunting map  maybe so we don't lose it completely

• Like 3

I'd probably consider playing again if we had a new map. Chaos is old and stale, Elevation is just plain bad.

• Like 9

I've spent another 30 minutes trying to find another battle camp, and I am unable to. Not a surprise, as I am left without a pendelum and those bubbles aren't around anymore.

• Like 1

Finally found a camp (one spawned right next to the starting towns). I changed kingdom, ran in and could pick up 19 lumps of moon metal without any opposition from the camp guards. That seems a bit too easy.

• Like 1

there should be indications under mission tab where the new battlecamps are because I can't find nothing in area history.
So Mission tab: Battlecamp Mclovin appeared in centre regions.

Edited by Mclavin

-1 on sparkles, this system is currently perfect, leave as is

the map is just big enough that it makes people split up to look for it faster, or stay together for strength in numbers, its a good balance

i cannot believe how fun this new system is, as it was totally not expected to be fun on such a huge map with a basically non existent pvp population, like this really has me logging in now to do stuff

Don't make me repeat the last journey. Make them easier to find / get to.

4 hours ago, platinumteef said:

-1 on sparkles, this system is currently perfect, leave as is

the map is just big enough that it makes people split up to look for it faster, or stay together for strength in numbers, its a good balance

i cannot believe how fun this new system is, as it was totally not expected to be fun on such a huge map with a basically non existent pvp population, like this really has me logging in now to do stuff

Good point, others in my kingdom mentiomed the same, withdrawing my idea

Pretty hard to find with the size of these maps. Would love to see the battle camps restricted to one area on the map at a time, maybe have it rotate every x amount of time? So for one amount of time, have them all appear in the centerwest etc?

On 2/18/2019 at 3:17 PM, platinumteef said:

can we just scrap the chaos map and give us an old-ele structured and sized (but new) map

im gonna be honest, on the current iteration of chaos this is gonna be about as much fun as well.. i can't even think of anything

the idea is good, but the map sucks for it, and the map already sucks for our current playerbase size

chaos map interms of new suggested hota mechanics in play atm parallel to traditional hota is about as much fun as it was to do hota on current elevation map ... boring vast nothingness giving the same psychological inspiration.

I'd like to see chaos kept as a legacy server to hunt and archeology on with all being a no build area and perhaps a 10c toll to enter to support it's space, and make a new pvp map for freedom cluster the size of old elevation.  As to epic cluster, if not scrapping it in entirety we really really need a new map for the current map is truly banal leaving little inspiration to race across a vast surface of mean +5,-5slope change.  No choke points, no challenging terrain to surmount, nor areas for fun hidey holes and cuckery.  The best part of old hota chaos was the death pit and the minute prospect someone may be there for you when the terrain puts you at odds with stamina and speed.

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 5

We need a twitter message for when a camp despawns due to decay.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Galatyn said:

We need a twitter message for when a camp despawns due to decay.

god pls how about an actual tracking system in game for the camps instead or in tandem with

• Like 3

Yes like the mission tracker, I don't bother to look up things unless somebody copied it to discord or I was online as it spawns otherwise. 

Possible bug - Conquered two camps that were 12 tiles apart around the same time by two people.   During looting of both, when the first one was looted, it stopped the other one from being looted with the standard message of must wait 24 hours.  Both camps were never previously conquered.  The second camp was about 3 minutes into the 5 minute looting process and automatically stopped with that message exactly when the first camp finished looting. 

Edited by Galatyn
  • Like 1