Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

New HotA System

I see the limit of 10 camps reasonable over 6, that still gives a chance for small 3rd party groups. 6 will be ndominated always by the 2 large groups.

10 hours ago, Mclavin said:

Can I ask why 10, two kingdoms can avoid each other and not bother contesting for wins knowing more will spawn if location sucks for them. 

As you are a hota player, you know how much it sucked to be standing if holding a pillar just for them to go cap a different one to win, it was one of the biggest peeves.

The other changes look good I think it's a nice middle ground with the camp giving a hint where it is. 

I find it very peculiar that I start to agree with this stooge from the Vatican. 

The pillars should be four ? (I'm not so sure now hehe)

1) The influx of statues and moonmetal from HotA should be regulated. If the pillars are like 6 or even worse 10, then we won't have influx of rewards every four days. It might take 10 days to get a HotA to complete which lessens the amount of items looted.

2) Less pillars adds the "random" factor since kingdoms won't be able to wait for the optimal pillars to spawn for them while capping only one for event sabbotage. If you add many pillars, you essentially allow people to manipulate the event into what we have now. No more than four pillars. If you are unlucky this time, you will get lucky as a kingdom the next HotA event which may spawn better locations for you.

3)If I get it right, you have to cap all the pillars. Taking six pillars is much more difficult than taking four. Especially with the current population count. 

4) More pillars means more difficulty asserting dominace on all of them by the Chaos kingdoms. This will turn the event like the Easter Egg hunt ###### the freedomers have in their crappy servers. Plus it will encourage many randoms from freedom and soloers to loot moonmetal. This might make the influx of the metal unregulated. Keep freedomers and their Easter Egg hunts out of the bad boys server.

Very important:

Also guards are necessary as implemented but not enough. We need to prevent naked alts from drive-by looting the pillars daily. It only takes a second to open the container and pull out the metal. Most of us veteran alt abusers can run past the guards with a naked alt, take the moonmetal and run away before we get hit and slowed down. We need a mechanism that will force the looter to stay put for some seconds in order to get the metal. Lock the container with a low ql lock or some other mechanims that will induce pick up delay.

Edited by Lordbeerus
  • Like 1

can you make it so only one gate can be built? is this a possibility ...

i only ask this cause if every tile is a gate i know you could step in and out of a tile boarder for like 20 mins while 2 groups try and kill you.... i can see this turning ugly

i would prefer no gate at all but it seems ppl want gates.

Hope the devs are reminded that hota isn't about finding x towers. it's about knowing where to go to get pvp. Currently thats a zone in the middle of chaos, where you know if you attend vs TC, there will be some form of pvp.

I hope you aren't concentrated so much of us roaming the towers, because right now we are all roaming anyway, so who cares about that side, honestly.
We just wanted a unfixed location for Hota so a kingdom couldn't control or stack the odds up against others.
You've delivered that part by making camps Spawn. But you need to make them Noticable and easy to know where to go/respond to. Apparently the sparkles are going to be out? That's a grave error

If this becomes find the tower on chaos, I'm not even going to bother. Infact after speaking to Many people if this system doesn't actually improve what TC can actually fix themselves in game over the current hota, don't bother.

TC can disband 3 deeds and hota would be great again. You're not actually bringing anything amazing to the table and currently I'd say you're even nerfing what hota is in all our eyes. A garunteed location we all know where to go to, for pvp.

Suggest you severally reconsider how these towers are found and how players know where to go from the bat to start competing or you're looking at dead content within a month where solo players go cap for personal rewards.

Also, until everybody happy i wouldn't even release it, nobody rushed, if it isn't looking great on paper TC will just disband deeds around the current hota anyway and get that going again.
The only reason we held them is so we could show the world how dumb a fixed location is. Anything more added to this system other than that is a gimmick. 

So why no sparkles? Why not clear indicator where to go to get pvp? When current hota does that. Lol. 

And where did you pull 10 towers from. Like again and again I'm being met with "why 10" yeah idk, maybe the devs can give an amazing insight. also, if you haven't actually played at a hota, be the dev to not give that insight.
Cause to anybody that has, it makes Zero sense as to how you think that will give pvp.

HOTA. IS. ABOUT. PVP. SO. WHY. YOU. HIDING. TOWERS. ACROSS. CHAOS. WE. SIMPLY. WANT. AN. ARROW. SAYING. PVP. HERE. COME. GET. IT.

over time i'll add quotes about this.

And that they continue to spawn even with decay it feels like you will have no time for anything else then to hunt for towers. I wanted it to be that you actually had to fight for the win not just run around and cap 4 that nobody else found
Like if you got 3 then you would have to fight for the last one and hopefully before that as well
Just gonna be a more spread out mess of what we already have
Without the fights it's not much fun and with 10 camps it can be avoided pretty easily

I don’t see why we can’t have hota and the new system. Sounds like elevation’s battle camps but they’re actually fun.
^ that's not a good comment to make.

I do agree with a lot of the ideas like sparkle beam markings so people know where to go and better server messages to indicate capping. Maybe longer timers or a different implementation. I do like the idea of a system that gives more benefit to trying to hold more territory.

Edited by Mclavin

22 hours ago, Lordbeerus said:

Plus it will encourage many randoms from freedom and soloers to loot moonmetal. This might make the influx of the metal unregulated. Keep freedomers and their Easter Egg hunts out of the bad boys server.

That is a plus for me - more people on chaos means more fun (or more kills in other words).

22 hours ago, Lordbeerus said:

Very important:

Also guards are necessary as implemented but not enough. We need to prevent naked alts from drive-by looting the pillars daily. It only takes a second to open the container and pull out the metal. Most of us veteran alt abusers can run past the guards with a naked alt, take the moonmetal and run away before we get hit and slowed down. We need a mechanism that will force the looter to stay put for some seconds in order to get the metal. Lock the container with a low ql lock or some other mechanims that will induce pick up delay.

Also spawning MM ores and not lumps would prevent running away from the guards on a naked alt - and if zone prevents to cast a mailbox that is another way to prevent farming MM easily.

I disagree with this system since I think it's too long and focuses more about the big journey for all the towers and therefore removes some part of the sandbox mentality.

I will therefor put forward a suggestion how I would have made it, which I may make a seperate topic in suggestions too for easy reading.

I like the idea of roaming but I personally think that the use of towers is wrong. So we will scrap that idea and go for monuments instead.

Let's call it.

Hunt of the Immortals

Once a day 1 of 5 messages appear.

Nogump the Dirty releases his sons, the Hunt of Immortals is on!

Jackal releases the smoke, the Hunt of Immortals is on!
The Deathcrawler releases it's minions, the Hunt of Immortals is on!
Pharmakos releases his brew, the Hunt of Immortals is on!

The Treekeeper releases the flora, the Hunt of Immortals is on!

Upon the Hunt a random event area on Chaos is chosen and it will spawn the corresponding enemies, not in a bunch of enemies but enough to sort out alts and make it a bit more interesting, nothing can be built inside this area.

In this area there will also spawn 1 monument corresponding to each immortal. This monument serves the whole conquering mechanic and when you manage to claim it you will win.

The monument will take 10 minute to conquer and the conquering mechanic will be interrupted by combat. This system I believe will serve as a more interesting system as a whole

since it's based more on lore than just gameplay. It will also be shorter than the current concept but longer than current hota, it will focus on the PvP more instead of exploring but still remove the 1 kingdom domination from the Hunt.

Made a separate thread too.

Edited by Sn00
  • Like 1

I like the idea of using Valrei creatures as god/demigod summons! :)

I still want to see Avatars fighting each other, with Valrei creatures on each side...

• Like 1

Just bouncing off the Immortals Hunt idea, I have something similar I've had on my WU server for a few years now that might fit the sort of thing you're bringing up.

Basic idea is at some interval, an event spawns at a random spot on the map and gives an approximate location in quadrants of the map. Players then go out to hunt for that event, defeat the creatures spawned there, then claim the reward (via something like a capture timer). So instead of 4+ points that kingdoms capture, and rotate around to recapture etc, it is a single point that presumably everyone would be fighting over. On paper this sounds like it might cause people to be roaming out in those quadrants looking for the event (and then possibly larger battles to control that area and kill the creatures), but would that actually happen? Or with it being a single point would other kingdoms just not bother once they learned that it had been found?

Back on the current camp idea and the cap of 10, keep in mind that with the once a day spawning of the camps this is a longer term game than the current HotA. Two large kingdoms might capture 3 each waiting for the 4th to spawn, but then they have to each defend all of those points randomly across the map for 3+ days. I think having the option there for smaller kingdoms to hold points or back cap them as larger kingdoms make a push for one well out of their territory might make for some more interesting scenarios. That said, if its put in place and the first couple of wins are clearly just two kingdoms ignoring each other and capping their own, we can drop it down to a max of 6 or 7 to push more forcing capping of defended ones.

• Like 3

I tried it around for a bit, and even on the horses supplied and the terrain on Baphomet, and found it annoyingly difficult to find just a single battle camp. I think something similar to what Sn00 is suggesting would be better. The problem with that is that it's a race to get there first.

I suggest that there should just be one outpost - one point of contention. Not only should it take some time to defeat any mobs/guards there, but you need to hold the outpost for x amount of time in order to win. This should give any opposition time to recapture it - the captors have to defend it from any potential opposition. This means people know where to find PvP  (but it's a different place everytime) and you can do some interesting tactics with hiding around and so on.

So again summarizing: Hunt of the Immortals, but when you "win" it, you still need to hold on to it for a bit and defend it from potential enemies before you win the "scenario".

Edited by John
  • Like 1

@BuddaI like the camp idea more than hunt for immortals, only because I feel it's ALMOST a different game mode completely and one I'd defo like to see in the game, just not as a replacement for Hota. 

I'm basically saying

3afabc7dc7878a78abe7c98969dcc22e.png

The ten thing i can understand, it's easy to adjust as the game goes on, on paper it looked iffy but it can wait and be played out.
The sparkles tho should be considered or a SMALL light pillar that can be seen, nobody wants to spend time looking we just want to be able to go respond/defend, i don't like the aspect of Not being able to find a camp and losing a round,
i know we're getting pendulums and rough areas to search, but current hota didn't have that, it had coloured pillars so you know where to go to get what, lol. It doesn't hurt the mode at all.

Edited by Mclavin

The test server has done what can be done, imo. The things we are debating now are paper based note based theories. We just need to play it and then feed back. 

But this is scary because it's replacing the hota lol.

The only other change that should be added is a timer of Opening the tower, maybe 30 seconds, maybe add a "drain tower" so like draining a settlement, it's timer based.
That way, alts can just run through and pickup loot and run away from the gaurds, force us to stand there for 30-60 seconds. This is ok imo, helps beat the alt abuse.

With that change, i think then with Guards now spawning, the build zone being smaller, everything else is just theory on how players will play.

When this goes live we all really gotta be quick to add opinions/points and hopefully changes happen fast to adjust so we can tweak this to be a proper hota replacement. 

Edited by Mclavin

Can we change for something cooler than Archery towers spawning? Why towers at all?

Monuments!

The pendulum will pick it up from pretty far away(and can always be tweaked) and cannot fail at finding a battle camp within its range, as well as you knowing which 1/9th section of the map its in. I think you guys are getting a little ahead of your self on that one you should have no problem finding them within a short time when you enter the general area with a lurker pendulum.  If this proves to hard it can always be revisited but we would like to go a route that does not involve lights or particle effects high into the sky if you have some suggestions please leave them here.

Guards/changes to collecting metal from the towers will be on the test server sometime this weekend.

4 hours ago, Sn00 said:

Can we change for something cooler than Archery towers spawning? Why towers at all?

Monuments!

Whats wrong with towers?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Darklords said:

The pendulum will pick it up from pretty far away(and can always be tweaked) and cannot fail at finding a battle camp within its range, as well as you knowing which 1/9th section of the map its in. I think you guys are getting a little ahead of your self on that one you should have no problem finding them within a short time when you enter the general area with a lurker pendulum.  If this proves to hard it can always be revisited but we would like to go a route that does not involve lights or particle effects high into the sky if you have some suggestions please leave them here.

Guards/changes to collecting metal from the towers will be on the test server sometime this weekend.

Whats wrong with towers?

Was just hoping for something a bit more unique, or at least more intriguing. 
Use the old challenge statues but make them 3 times as big maybe? 

add more to the drops other than the "Base Drop" of Glimmer and Addy but a small percentage chance after winning. something as simple as like .05kgs drake hide, .10kgs dragon scales. or just other things to push people to actually want to fight for it

On 2/3/2019 at 8:24 PM, Carmichael said:

add more to the drops other than the "Base Drop" of Glimmer and Addy but a small percentage chance after winning. something as simple as like .05kgs drake hide, .10kgs dragon scales. or just other things to push people to actually want to fight for it

?? ? ? ? ?

5 hours ago, Mclavin said:

At the chance of tome fragments

?????

Because respawning uniques and personal goals weren't enough.

personal goals were removed, a rare chance of a tome fragment, not a tome, is not a big deal in the slightest, the chance would be even less than that from a unique.

I don't get why throwing a chance of the fragment tome from a pvp event to encourage reason to go do it is a bad thing, if the tower spawns/win circles are held as long as devs think they are, 

then we're basically looking at the same average time it would take you to go round Epic doing PVE missions for the same reward.

I didn't pass 5 sentences so you shouldn't get bored digesting that.

Edited by Mclavin

Well, that's because you have a lot of run on sentences.

Either way, tomes are one of the worst additions to the game, along with respawning uniques.

To add in yet another mechanic allowing it to snowball, even more makes it worse.

Edited by Oreo

2 hours ago, Oreo said:

Well, that's because you have a lot of run on sentences.

Either way, tomes are one of the worst additions to the game, along with respawning uniques.

To add in yet another mechanic allowing it to snowball, even more makes it worse.

It's not snowballing if everyone has a chance of getting it

I'm gonna link the suggestion I posted in the suggestions & ideas section as it is relevant to this rework of the HoTA system. Chaos isn't the only PvP server (though it practically speaking seems to be these days), and the map on Elevation is centered around something that won't be existing when this rework comes.

• Like 4

Good point. Retro already promised to raise the question of Ele reset in the team. I'd prefer a reset myself but we need a yes or no at least to plan  the future of the current deeds on the server.

• Like 2

Do you mean a new Ele map, or a reset? Resetting the current map is no point.

Edited by Mclavin