Sign in to follow this  
Gumbo

Name and Shame: Legios

yeah, well, your buddies i'm sure were happy that you were making your bang on point. the rest of us like watching train wrecks, and this is a doozy

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DaletheGood said:

yeah, well, your buddies i'm sure were happy that you were making your bang on point. the rest of us like watching train wrecks, and this is a doozy

It wasn't for my buddies, believe me (I don't lie like Legios). And yup it's a doozy, but if it puts an end to the attacks and lies made on me by Legios, it's well worth it.

24 minutes ago, Gumbo said:

Who tried to ruin whose reputation first? You are ignoring that fact. 

So you are indeed to ruin his reputation and not to defend your own.

And I'm sure you'll respond as to why you think you are justified, and Angelklaine again will tell you to stop because you're only hurting your own reputation, but I think it's just going in circles at this point and your point has indeed been made. Well, that's quite a shame from someone I had a lot of respect for.

• Like 2

suit yourself, but Legios is an upstanding, forthright player who i deal with on an almost daily basis. anyone who's traded with him will tell you the same. You, on the other hand, well, best of luck with that

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alyeska said:

So you are indeed to ruin his reputation and not to defend your own.

And I'm sure you'll respond as to why you think you are justified, and Angelklaine again will tell you to stop because you're only hurting your own reputation, but I think it's just going in circles at this point and your point has indeed been made. Well, that's quite a shame from someone I had a lot of respect for.

Fight fire with fire, as they say.  You are welcome to fight your battles how ever you wish.  The circle is closing, and people are seeing that Legios was an instigator, that Legios was spreading lies, and that Legios isn't exactly the upstanding person that some claim he is.  When / if I get an apology and retraction from Legios, the healing can start.  But not before that. I'm sorry if this dispute has come between us, it was not my intention.  Your stance has been to defend someone that attempted to ruin my reputation, that is your perogative, but it is also a tarnish on your wonderful reputation as well.

12 minutes ago, DaletheGood said:

suit yourself, but Legios is an upstanding, forthright player who i deal with on an almost daily basis. anyone who's traded with him will tell you the same. You, on the other hand, well, best of luck with that

Then pls give me your opinion on why he lied, backtracked, and falsely accused me of things that weren't true?  That doesn't sound like the actions of the upstanding, forthright player you describe. 

14 minutes ago, Gumbo said:

defend someone that attempted to ruin my reputation

disagreeing with your stand doesn't equal defending Legios. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I see you have chosen your hill to die on. Its quite a shame, Gumbo. You've always been a loved member in this community. To see you debase yourself this way is a pity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gumbo said:

IMO... it does.  It's my reputation that I'm protecting, whether you or anyone else likes it or not. 

Sorry, Gumbo. You are doing a good job of destroying your own reputation, more so than than anyone has tried to do in the past two threads.

Back when I played (before 2014),  you were always a nice guy, and I still consider you one, but I think you should abstain from the forum game for a while. You seem stressed out over something.

• Like 2

Now Now does it really hurt your feelings gumbo to have someone say something that involves you? Ive been in an alliance with legios for years and never had a bad instance with him. Gumbo if you have an issue with someone learn to resolve it with said person like and adult, instead of running to the forums to whine about it. You are dragging an alright guy down with your bs simple as that.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

disagreeing with your stand doesn't equal defending Legios. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I see you have chosen your hill to die on. Its quite a shame, Gumbo. You've always been a loved member in this community. To see you debase yourself this way is a pity.

One wrong don't make a right. 

I've chosen to defend my reputation against someone who has openly attacked me here and spread lies about me. I won't sit by and have that happen, no matter the outcome.

13 minutes ago, Gumbo said:

Then pls give me your opinion on why he lied, backtracked, and falsely accused me of things that weren't true?  That doesn't sound like the actions of the upstanding, forthright player you describe. 

Legios was stating the obvious conclusion of your request that you be compensated for your loss when the devs made the update and moved the starting location for newbs. The obvious conclusion being that they should run any updates that could potentially impact a player negatively past said players before making the update. There are players upset about almost every update made, and have invested time and money into the old way of doing things. It'd be the height of lunacy to compensate players for their loss when the old gets replaced by the new. How you could not see that is beyond me, but you didn't and I think Legios was simply pointing out the absurdity of your request.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Wulfgar said:

Sorry, Gumbo. You are doing a good job of destroying your own reputation, more so than than anyone has tried to do in the past two threads.

Back when I played (before 2014),  you were always a nice guy, and I still consider you one, but I think you should abstain from the forum game for a while. You seem stressed out over something.

Indeed, and it's someone attacking me and spreading lies about me in an attempt to unjustly ruin my reputation.  Look to the instigator and liar, and call them out first, before going after the person defending themself.

3 minutes ago, Gumbo said:

One wrong don't make a right.

What? Now you're just being obstuse for the sake of being obstuse.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

What? Now you're just being obstuse for the sake of being obstuse.

No, that "two wrongs" cliche  is not applicable.  Legios made the one wrong.  The first wrong. I am here defending myself against. 

After reviewing this thread it has been decided it will stay locked.

Regards

Shakys (Forum Moderator)

• Like 6