Sign in to follow this  
Gumbo

Name and Shame: Legios

Recommended Posts

I start this thread to bring to your attention that a player named Legios, uses lying, deceiptful methods, and half truths, to influence the good people of Wurm into believing something that isn't true. 

 

The other day I started a thread here. In that thread Legios appeared on his own free will and made statements about me that were completely false. Legios publicly claimed that, "I don't understand why you personally believe that future updates need to be run by you at all." - No where did I make this claim ever. This was an out and out lie. He purposely put those words 'in my mouth', then claimed he didn't understand why. This is a trademark ploy of a liar. When I called him out on it and asked he retract his lie and offer an apology, he didn't. Instead he backtracked and changed story to say that "this was his opinion'. A very deceiptful thing to do. This is the thing people who have no integrity do.

 

In that same post Legios claims that my request was a "conflict of interest". He never states what that conflict of interest is, likely because there isn't one, not even in the very least. Legios is attempting to influence your thoughts to be negative about me by using a phrase that is typically used to discredit someone. The phrase had no relavance there what so ever and it would seem to me, that Legios has no idea what the phrase even means.


After I called Legios out on his lies, Legios decided to change his strategy and go back years to a discussion I started here, in an effort to once again paint me in a negative light using off topic lies. This time however, Legios used a new strategy. Speaking half truths. Legios made the claim that... *paraphrasing as the post is deleted now*, "I was the one who attempted to get enchants on weapons to decay like they do on tools, for my own personal monetary gain". A definite half truth. I started that post years ago, to discuss having EITHER enchants on weapons decay like tools, OR, have tool enchants remain stable like weapon enchants do. One OR the other. Once again proving that Legios is using lies, half truths, and misdirection to influence you negatively. These are the deceiptful tactics and methods that are used by Used Car Salespersons.

 

I urge anyone that deals with this conniving liar in the future, to question everything before making any deals with him. Legios has publicly proved himself to be deceitful and a backtracking liar.

 

Edit: tiepos

Edited by Gumbo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Legios is not a liar. You may not agree with him, but this is just stupid. I'm sorry Gumbo, but you crossed the line here, this is a ###### thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alyeska said:

Legios is not a liar. You may not agree with him, but this is just stupid. I'm sorry Gumbo, but you crossed the line here, this is a ###### thread.

 

Then why did he speak those lies and attempt to misdirect everyone with falsehoods?  That is the proof, if you wish to close your eyes to it, that's your business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@GumboI personally understand how you may feel wronged and how you dislike this person. There are people in this game I despise and do not associate/do business with. Sometimes someone says or does something you don't like and it is understandable that you may stop wanting to engage this person.

 

But making a callout thread is not the way to go about it. Callout threads have historically been made to alert the community of misdealings, thefts, breaches of contract and trust or the like. Simply opening a callout thread because you had a disagreement with someone is not only uncalled for, but it devaluates the reason why we make callout threads. 

 

In here you are advising the community of a disagreement you had with someone, and you intend to destroy the reputation of this person just because "they said mean things about you." Sorry Gumbo, but for as much as I respect you, I am sad to see you devolve into this bickering bitter person you seem to be becoming as of late. This is not the way our community operates and this is not the way the community loving Gumbo I know behaves. I have told you this before and I will say it again here.

 

Like Alyeska said above, this is nonesense. Legios has done nothing that warrants him being in a callout thread. Sure he insulted you. Sure he called you mean things. But he isn't a threat to the community warranting everyone to look out for his shenanigans. 

 

This post is cringy af and you should reconsider your post. As someone who cares about you and have had many dealings with you in the past, I implore you to not do this. You are doing yourself more harm than good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno, I traded my drake set for his set, through the mail, and it went smoothly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

@GumboI personally understand how you may feel wronged and how you dislike this person. There are people in this game I despise and do not associate/do business with. Sometimes someone says or does something you don't like and it is understandable that you may stop wanting to engage this person.

 

But making a callout thread is not the way to go about it. Callout threads have historically been made to alert the community of misdealings, thefts, breaches of contract and trust or the like. Simply opening a callout thread because you had a disagreement with someone is not only uncalled for, but it devaluates the reason why we make callout threads. 

 

In here you are advising the community of a disagreement you had with someone, and you intend to destroy the reputation of this person just because "they said mean things about you." Sorry Gumbo, but for as much as I respect you, I am sad to see you devolve into this bickering bitter person you seem to be becoming as of late. This is not the way our community operates and this is not the way the community loving Gumbo I know behaves. I have told you this before and I will say it again here.

 

Like Alyeska said above, this is nonesense. Legios has done nothing that warrants him being in a callout thread. Sure he insulted you. Sure he called you mean things. But he isn't a threat to the community warranting everyone to look out for his shenanigans. 

 

This post is cringy af and you should reconsider your post. As someone who cares about you and have had many dealings with you in the past, I implore you to not do this. You are doing yourself more harm than good.

 

See you're claiming that I'm wrong for attempting to ruin his reputation in response to him trying to falsely ruin my reputation. Where was your response like this to Legios when he was doing this to me? Hypocritical of you, wouldn't you say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gumbo said:

 

See you're claiming that I'm wrong for attempting to ruin his reputation in response to him trying to falsely ruin my reputation. Where was your response like this to Legios when he was doing this to me? Hypocritical of you, wouldn't you say?

There's a difference between arguing with someone in a thread and tossing mud at each other and making a callout thread specifically to slander someone. Neither of them are good, but what you're doing seems petty and that's why I posted here. You're clearly angry for what he did, but all we are saying is that it does not amount to a callout thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

 You're clearly angry for what he did, but all we are saying is that it does not amount to a callout thread.

 

IMO... it does.  It's my reputation that I'm protecting, whether you or anyone else likes it or not.  I won't allow someone to come here and spread lies about me in an attempt to ruin my reputation for THEIR monetary gains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Threads like these don't end well even if it's warranted when it comes to theft or whatever. It took me a very long to grasp that for some reason in over 5k posts and several years. I've learned that the internet in general is a toxic place, people say whatever they want because of no repercussions and because how loose the chat rules are in some games; a lot of the toxicity isn't handled properly.

 

I made a lot of enemies and it caused me a lot of stress and lost a lot of would be friends. So yeah take it from someone like me I'm pretty much infamous for threads like these.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not worthy of a call out thread. This sounds like your own personal little drama; name and shame is meant to be a warning.

 

Legios is very unlikely to run into this situation with someone else, you're just mad.

Edited by FranktheTank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

This is not worthy of a call out thread. This sounds like your own personal little drama name and shame is meant to be a warning.

 

Legios is very unlikely to run into this situation with someone else, you're just mad.

 

Damn right I'm mad. Legios has attempted to ruin MY reputation with lies and misdirection. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gumbo said:

 

Damn right I'm mad. Legios has attempted to ruin MY reputation with lies and misdirection. 

Yeah but no one cares.

 

Like literally no one. This is just a personal disagreement.

Edited by FranktheTank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gumbo said:

 

IMO... it does.  It's my reputation that I'm protecting, whether you or anyone else likes it or not.  I won't allow someone to come here and spread lies about me in an attempt to ruin my reputation for THEIR monetary gains.

You don't need to protect your reputation, bud. You have built a very solid base over the years about how trustworthy and reputable you are. There's nothing Legios can say that will change that. Water under the bridge bud. You are doing more damage to yourself with these posts than anyone else can. Stupid words fall on deaf ears. Just ignore him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gumbo said:

 

IMO... it does.  It's my reputation that I'm protecting, whether you or anyone else likes it or not.  I won't allow someone to come here and spread lies about me in an attempt to ruin my reputation for THEIR monetary gains.

 

 

No, you protecting your reputation is not the same as trying to ruin someone elses. To warn people to be careful about dealing with a conniving, deceitful, backtracking liar is not the same as saying "abc said xyz about and this is why it's not true."  You talk about monetary gains, and I'm starting to think he may just have been right.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

Yeah but no one cares.

 

Like literally no one. This is just a personal disagreement.

 

Yet here you are, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gumbo, yet another bull***t post. I deal with Legios on an almost daily basis. Good, honest, upright player that speaks his mind. You better hope you have anyone willing to deal with you after this, cause you've lost whatever credibility you might have had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

You don't need to protect your reputation, bud. You have built a very solid base over the years about how trustworthy and reputable you are. There's nothing Legios can say that will change that. Water under the bridge bud. You are doing more damage to yourself with these posts than anyone else can. Stupid words fall on deaf ears. Just ignore him.

 

I've been through the "ignore him" thing in the past, it didn't work. The attacks got worse and worse.  I am putting a stop to the lies Legios is spreading about me here and now, by calling him out on it. The people can see he is an instigator and a liar, and that is what is needed for the attacks upon me to stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gumbo said:

 

I've been through the "ignore him" thing in the past, it didn't work. The attacks got worse and worse.  I am putting a stop to the lies Legios is spreading about me here and now, by calling him out on it. The people can see he is an instigator and a liar, and that is what is needed for the attacks upon me to stop.

The only thing people are seeing is a mad wolf howling at the moon. Seriously bud. Look at what's been posted so far. I bet you anything that by the time this thread is locked, you'll be able to count the people who support you on this on maybe one hand. 

 

As much as you want to hurt someone else with your vengeful post, you're only hurting yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Alyeska said:

 

 

No, you protecting your reputation is not the same as trying to ruin someone elses. To warn people to be careful about dealing with a conniving, deceitful, backtracking liar is not the same as saying "abc said xyz about and this is why it's not true."  You talk about monetary gains, and I'm starting to think he may just have been right.

 

 

Who tried to ruin whose reputation first? You are ignoring that fact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DaletheGood said:

Gumbo, yet another bull***t post. I deal with Legios on an almost daily basis. Good, honest, upright player that speaks his mind. You better hope you have anyone willing to deal with you after this, cause you've lost whatever credibility you might have had.

 

There is nothing wrong with defending ones self, against someone spreading lies about you. The liars need to be called out.  Quit falling for THEIR bull crap.  You should be calling out the instigater, not the victim for defending himself. You seem to have things backwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you started the ruining of your reputation with that first thread demanding compensation for your loss of income selling overpriced tools to newbs when the devs rolled out a much needed update to the tutorial. your subsequent rantings on that thread just accelerated the loss of that reputation. and now this. this is, as Angel said, a "mad wolf howling at the moon."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

The only thing people are seeing is a mad wolf howling at the moon. Seriously bud. Look at what's been posted so far. I bet you anything that by the time this thread is locked, you'll be able to count the people who support you on this on maybe one hand. 

 

As much as you want to hurt someone else with your vengeful post, you're only hurting yourself.

 

That's your opinion.  It's not up to anyone else to defend my reputation, but me. And I hope all the people that are with me, stay out of this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DaletheGood said:

you started the ruining of your reputation with that first thread demanding compensation for your loss of income selling overpriced tools to newbs when the devs rolled out a much needed update to the tutorial. your subsequent rantings on that thread just accelerated the loss of that reputation. and now this. this is, as Angel said, a "mad wolf howling at the moon."

 

You seemed to have miseed the entire point of that thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uh, no, i did not miss the point of that thread. that was exactly the point of the thread. it may not have been the point you intended to convey, but it was indeed the point that was communicated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DaletheGood said:

Uh, no, i did not miss the point of that thread. that was exactly the point of the thread. it may not have been the point you intended to convey, but it was indeed the point that was communicated.

 

Maybe due to your lack of knowledge of the situation.  I assure you, I made my point bang on to the people who I wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this