Sign in to follow this  
Killroth

Unique "rifts" instead of random spawn

1% of population does 99% of end game content

Maybe its time to have uniques spawn similar to rift system. 

Sure a small minority enjoy hunting uniques and profiting (yes i know your defense will be "anyone can form a team and put them in a mine" ) 

But i believe long ago they were changed so they cant be penned and people just come up with a solution to cage them.  

Just make a rift light  "Dragon followers have been seen on the server" 2 days of increased spawn in that area with a rift mechanic that spawns dragon at end.

Also get rid of crowding of course for uniques.

6WvDOgY.png

But really - what stops anyone to go out and search for them? Quite the only competitive event nowadays in PVE, it is really fun to compete against the other search groups. You don't even need to be a very developed toon, I've found plenty of them on 70FS toons, even used fresh noobs a few times. EDIT: you are not even behind without a priest since the recent changes...

Rifts are utmost boring on the other hand.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

The possibility is open for anyone. You may go and look for the uniques, may pen  them and may drop and pay a deed  on it.
Lets go!

From an Epic perspective, I like the idea of uniques -not- roaming and killing newbies at will.

• Like 1

I dont agree that uniques should have their own rift. If they would to inhabit a rift, it would have to be in the clothes of a mini-unique of some sorts - and not have the same loot as regular uniques. I dont have any solution for this option tho, but maybe rifts would bring some more people with mini-uniques? Maybe they could have a chance at putting hide/scale in your pocket on death?

A little backstory of me is that i very often search for uniques as soon as i see them spawn, but still havent penned one. I like the thrill of searching. A couple of times ive found uniques, but every time a more experienced player came with his bandwagon and penned the pesky mobs just before my eyes. This i dont like. There is something about the current system i dont like, and its hard to put a finger on what exactly.

There have been some discussion on the possibility of finding ancient pages from fishing. These pages combined (X of them) would make a single tome charge. This could make the current situation, which reminds us of some sort of monopoly for the 1%, maybe different as tomes would with time be not so un-common.

The bones.. meh, who cares really?

Edited by Nordlys

9 minutes ago, Nordlys said:

There have been some discussion on the possibility of finding ancient pages from fishing. These pages combined (X of them) would make a single tome charge. This could make the current situation, which reminds us of some sort of monopoly for the 1%, maybe different as tomes would with time be not so un-common.

I really liked that tomes were awarded finishing the personal goals. I don't know where the replacement system will run out with more tiers added, I see the potential in it but currently some of the activities required against the reward don't worth the hassle for me (personal opinion of course) and also don't really like that everyone shares the very same goals. But that is off topic here.

I quite like the current system of uniques. Trapping a dragon isn't particularly hard - but still hard enough if you're not prepared. There is tons of so-called endgame content out there, you just have to figure out what it is you're particularly interested in. 

I will note that I play on Epic as a BLer and have done so for quite a while now, and the situation on uniques is more of a safety concern everyone has to work together on than a problem with a few high level toons trapping it.

Meh...I'm having trouble participating in the normal Rifts already because they spawn in inconvenient locations at impossible times. Public slayings are a thing and they're usually more accessible due to being planned by the hunter parties, I prefer that much more given the overall rarity of uniques. I'd like to see things that make the hunt itself more accessible, but wouldn't like to see it disappear completely. But I'm saying this as a non-hunter, so take it for what it is, just my 2 cents as a bystander/passive participator in public slayings when possible.

3 hours ago, Killroth said:

1% of population does 99% of end game content

Yeah, I get it...but a rift won't solve anything... If you really want to level the searching game, ask to remove the messages that there are rumors about *unique* starting to spread... That way, no one knows when and where... I work 5 to 6 days a week, and normally only get 2 to 4 hours to play... So I'm going to say not everyone has the time and even fewer even know how to even go about searching... Plus longtime hunters already have their favorite hunting spots... So with that said, remove the server messages about the rumors would make it more like hunting...and might even be cool if they added something like with the beehives, when you get near them... "You feel the ground below your feet shake as if you had felled a tree". 

• Like 3

unknown.png?width=889&height=676

Maybe they can just come pre-killed and ready to butcher by mail, too

20 minutes ago, Alyeska said:

Maybe they can just come pre-killed and ready to butcher by mail, too

Dragons delivered, cheap! :)

• Like 1