Sign in to follow this  
Niki

add house cats + taming overhaul

Seems like horses get too much love but ancient game systems like taming are forgotten to implementation. It's a very old system that really needs improvements made. You can only hold one tame at a time, charm works the same way. I think this is a bit silly personally.

Imagine if you could tame a few bears to go into battle with you, they are immune to aggro from other monsters unless they do a ton of damage or are not being lead. Make taming actually useful its great for taming hell horses, unicorns but nothing else you can do with it. I'm not fond of monsters attacking tames either, tamed creatures require to much maintenance.

With the implementation of improvements to taming, I suggest the ability to allow wildcats to become permanent passive creature into a new creature called 'house cat.' These adorable house cats can become bred to make an assortment of different types of cats. This update would also allow the same treatment for dogs.

• Like 6

+1 to house cats and since the creature cage introduction I've heard way too much complaining about the taming system so might be the right thing to do to take a look at it.

While I agree, especially to house cats and cat and dog races and colours, I think that an overhaul of the taming system would be an endeavour not so much below the priest or fishing update. And it would, once implemented, prolly create similar shitstorms like the fishing stuff.

That should not discourage from rethinking, redesigning, and eventually overhauling taming. But that would be a longer process with a lot of testing and second thoughts. I can already imagine the petitions "give back the old taming system"  :)

Nice suggestion about house cats being added Niki but a taming overhall would be a large endeavor so best keep that separate.

=Ayes=

25 minutes ago, Ayes said:

Nice suggestion about house cats being added Niki but a taming overhall would be a large endeavor so best keep that separate.

=Ayes=

true

+1 for domesticated cat

Taming is dumb/boring/annoying to grind... it's not the matter of having 100,000 salts and to give them to a pig.. it's about the action repetitiveness that just makes it annoyingly uneventful experience to even think about leveling up the skill.
Even tho Animal Husbandry is quite similar to taming.... enchanted tool makes a huge difference there to speed up the grind and to be done with the "pain" sooner.

As for tons of cat types.. personally.. I'm fine with just 1 domesticated type, if we need the rooster kids to vote for cat colors... bring them on! I don't mind.

As for doges.. dat old puppy needs a new skin.

+1 for domesticated cats.

They likely domesticated themselves after all.  https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/06/domesticated-cats-dna-genetics-pets-science/

I would love to have a cat prowling around my kitchens for mice trying to ransack the larders. Or brushing against my leg as I'm working on improving some clay jars. Perhaps even let them curl up next to the open fireplace in the throne room.  We need this. Give us kitties!!  (and I guess make dogs better too, hunting dogs are cool I guess.)

Edited by Seriphina