Sign in to follow this  
Brash_Endeavors

Memory all alone in the moonlight I can dream of the old days (Asheron's Call Nostalgia)

This video made me nostalgic  ? I think original EQ1 was my first major MMO but I soon switched to AC1 when I realized how much more "sandboxy" AC was...

Who else here played AC1 back in the day? (I guess they have a lot of free servers now running either vanilla or Thrones of Destiny expansion, so there are a lot of new videos out there)

My first AC1 experience: was poking around one of the 1999 starter towns (maybe holtsburg?) when i saw a portal and decided to hop through and back again, not really understanding at all how the complicated town portal system worked in AC. (Basically, all portals were ONEWAY and followed a complicated system of loops so I ended up halfway around the world with no idea how to get home again ... i finally ended up finding a world map of Dereth (which is the largest world map of any MMO I think? ) and plotted out a course of running along the coastline just to get back 'home' again.) 

I played mostly Frostfell server and pretty much nonstop from 1999 to 2003. I liked archers best but finally slowly got converted to "mage archers" and then finally pure mages, since the game was so heavily slanted in favor of mages

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

AC was one of the first games to get me into MMO's and online gaming. Thought I'd leave this here. Don't let this happen to us, please.

• Like 1

i had bought EQ1 from gamestop then returned it cuz it wouldnt work (I think the server wasnt up)

i worked as a SYSOP on MicrosoftGameingZone and we got notice we could test a new game coming out, AC1... OMG it was soooo good!

My first MMO Love

Have you guys tried Project Gorgon? I know Brash has (that's who I heard of it from)... it's pretty fun but I didn't put too much time into it. Might pick it back up!

• Like 1