Sign in to follow this  
Roccandil

Give sleep powders for journal goal completions

Had my first set of goals complete thanks to the update, but since I was at max sleep bonus, the sleep bonus award was just wasted. :(

Giving out sleep powders instead would fix that. Right now I look at the goals and wonder if I'm just going to get screwed out of sleep bonus again. :(

• Like 2

+1, even if it's a SP that is bound to your account and can't be traded.

• Like 8

No, but make it go past the normal 5hrs like the time we can get up to 10hrs.

• Like 3

As long as they are untradeable I +1 this. A better solution would be to just allow people to stock up as much Sb as they want... I don't understand why there is a limit, with all the missions and what not.. most people will not bother with missions if they have 4+ hours, and nobody wants to complete their journal entries if they have 4+ hours either.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Legios said:

As long as they are untradeable I +1 this. A better solution would be to just allow people to stock up as much Sb as they want... I don't understand why there is a limit, with all the missions and what not.. most people will not bother with missions if they have 4+ hours, and nobody wants to complete their journal entries if they have 4+ hours either.

I'd be totally fine with allowing people to stock up on infinite SB, as long as they're premium, and honestly, I think I'd prefer that. That's just a bigger change, and affects more than just goals. Was trying to keep the suggested change to a minimum. :)

• Like 1

I had a feeling this was going to happen, thanks for the PSA at least.

They should just give powders to be honest.

• Like 1

+1 That way I can finish goals whenever I want not when my SB is empty which is very rare occasion.. 

• Like 1

-1 whats stopping you for making a bunch off alts and doing tutorial over and over for 1silver each time. easy solved by making it go past the 5 hours tho

32 minutes ago, shamflam said:

-1 whats stopping you for making a bunch off alts and doing tutorial over and over for 1silver each time. easy solved by making it go past the 5 hours tho

Maybe give powders for higher level goals only (the ones requiring significant effort/time). Anyone who grinds to 21 body control just to get powders to sell, well.... :P

+1

Would absolutely like to be able to control when I get the sleep bonus so I don't waste any. Though it would make sense for those granted from the journal to be bound to the account/no-drop/no-trade.

Another alternative to this though could be to grant the title part of the reward immediately upon completion.

But then have a new right click menu on the completed journal tier to 'Claim Reward' and tie the sleep bonus and maybe any material rewards to that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shamflam said:

Would you really bother for couple of sp? How many can you get from unpremmed alt? Haven't checked when is the first goal that require to be premium? Anyway you can do it only once per alt and I doubt you can go really high without premium and still you need to invest some time in it... But I agree they can be soulbound although I don't see harm in legitimate players selling it instead of using. Not everyone needs that much sb

I think best approach would be to allow stacking it above the std 5h SB. SB gained from sleep should still be capped at 5h.

• Like 4

+1 to sleep powders or stacking SB way above current max limit

Higher levels of journal give more sleep bonus storage anyhow....

7 hours ago, Jaz said:

I think best approach would be to allow stacking it above the std 5h SB. SB gained from sleep should still be capped at 5h.

This would be a better solution.

9 hours ago, Jaz said:

+1 the idea, especially this approach.

On 1/25/2019 at 8:04 AM, kochinac said:

Would you really bother for couple of sp? How many can you get from unpremmed alt? Haven't checked when is the first goal that require to be premium? Anyway you can do it only once per alt and I doubt you can go really high without premium and still you need to invest some time in it... But I agree they can be soulbound although I don't see harm in legitimate players selling it instead of using. Not everyone needs that much sb

well the tutorial takes 5 minutes to complete :) and gives 1hr SB not sure if OP includes this into the SB. But if you keep thatone out I don't think it would be a problem to get SB for the other goals.

Let us not forget that the journal is new, and is aimed at providing progression, and some achievable targets, for new characters. For those of us that have been around for any time will more than likely be able to tick them off in double quick time at least until we get to our place along the path the journal maps out.

I don't see any of the journal groups that don't contain more than one task that requires a conscious effort to complete, so you are always in control of when you complete each journal group and get the title/SB/other 'prize'. As the next level is unlocked when have completed 6 tasks, so it should be possible to find at least one task you could be using SB on before completing an earlier group.

Sleep powders or better yet unlimited stacking of sleep bonus. For these Journal completions Wulfmaer makes a good point though, just wait to complete 1 item when you have vacant sleep hours available.

=Ayes=

-1 for giving sleep powders as tradeables... that's just DUMB, and will result negatively on SP's price. (You think otherwise? You must be new, well you're wrong, anyhow welcome to WO.)

Stacking over the 5h limit is REASONABLE.. even tho... it's NOT perfect solution either as it limits the player to the same barrier of 5h sb, and sometimes it's hard to burn decent chunks of that time in short play period after work.

(Been there needed more than a week to get back to manageable sb without 'wasting' some)

44 minutes ago, Ayes said:

...Wulfmaer makes a good point though, just wait to complete 1 item when you have vacant sleep hours available.

For the moment I'm doing that. still haven't finished my goals.. keeping 1 off from ending the goals in journal so .. sb comes when I can use it.

Personally.. I'd like either untradeable SP or better yet(less item management); another sb bar called... 'whatever'-around the journal, wurm-education, etc(I DONT really care.. as long it's not linked to existing SB bar.. it's way easier to manage) ... 2nd bar could be charged just for sb here and there from journal goals or certain achievements.

11 minutes ago, Finnn said:

2nd bar could be charged just for sb here and there from journal goals or certain achievements.

interesting idea! I'd say a second bar should have no limit, and be charged with goals, mission completions, spells, sleep powders, as well as "server down" bonuses. The normal bar would only be charged by sleeping.

Players would always use sleep bonus first from the normal bar, and when that runs out, they'd pull from the second bar.

Edited by Roccandil
  • Like 1