Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

Sindusk is missing badly, get him back!

3 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

I am not sure what you are getting at, suggesting Red Baron was not good. I have been here since 2011 and I happen to think Red Baron was one of the best, most open and approachable staff members we ever had on the team.  I very very often get the feeling that the dev team "as a whole" thinks rather poorly of their player base, and does a GREAT deal of eye rolling "behind the scenes". Red Baron was one of the few who always treated the entire playerbase with an overwhelming amount of courtesy, respect and sheer openness.  

PS:  Alectrys is another member of the team who I think goes over and beyond in courtesy and professionalism. Every single interaction I have ever has with her over the years has been an absolute delight.

I can't walk by without adding that during the last few months I have had several ingame interactions with multiple devs (and team members too) - and being it the case of anything like something bugged off or an issue with a new feature or mechanic, I always felt real attention and great spirit to work on the cases and making Wurm better. I don't even think that devs should be forced to interact with the playerbase in such depth and detail as Sindusk tends to if they are not comfortable to do so, but the playerbase would be really happy to see more detailed and transparent info and discussions.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 5

On 1/25/2019 at 9:52 AM, Brash_Endeavors said:

I am not sure what you are getting at, suggesting Red Baron was not good. I have been here since 2011 and I happen to think Red Baron was one of the best, most open and approachable staff members we ever had on the team.......... Red Baron was one of the few who always treated the entire playerbase with an overwhelming amount of courtesy, respect and sheer openness.

I agree about Red Baron. I really missed his weekly posts in City Hall. They all were so refreshing, enthusiastic, encouraging and positive that I was always left in a positive state of mind afterwards. Retrograde just had too much to live up to for me and couldn't fill that void. This is how it goes, differing opinions of what appeals to different individuals. Same with Sindusk.

On 1/25/2019 at 12:41 PM, Etherdrifter said:

Given that he nerfed fo priests and didn't give us the nice version of "cleanse" we needed?
He was still the only dev with the guts to take on the priest update, that was a massive undertaking.  Even though, magically speaking, Fo priests are worse off

Let's not forget the terrible nerf to healing with the healing debuff and timer. A blanket approach that reduced healing in all aspects of the game just to counteract some healing tactics in Rifts which he considered excessive. Even when the debuff wears off healing with bandages is still reduced and will not completely heal even light wounds at times. Way overkill to all healing when fighting anything as it should only have been applied to the Rift healing situation. Very disappointed with his work on this.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

On 1/25/2019 at 2:52 PM, Brash_Endeavors said:

I am not sure what you are getting at, suggesting Red Baron was not good. I have been here since 2011 and I happen to think Red Baron was one of the best, most open and approachable staff members we ever had on the team.  I very very often get the feeling that the dev team "as a whole" thinks rather poorly of their player base, and does a GREAT deal of eye rolling "behind the scenes". Red Baron was one of the few who always treated the entire playerbase with an overwhelming amount of courtesy, respect and sheer openness.  

PS:  Alectrys is another member of the team who I think goes over and beyond in courtesy and professionalism. Every single interaction I have ever has with her over the years has been an absolute delight.

Johan was a fantastic guy, and fun to play with.  But he often went off half-cocked, revealing really early dev stuff that subsequently never went anywhere.  Communication is key, but the team needs to work as a team, not as a bunch of individuals all doing what they think is best.  Johan wasn't so great at the team part.  The vast majority of interactions I've had with staff members have been courteous, even when they're telling me something I'd prefer not to hear; the problem is the lack of internal team dynamic.  It's too much of a bunch of individuals, and not enough of a team.

Well, that's too bad, because I always believed 100 percent every word Johan told us, and I always felt he genuinely  cared a lot about the playerbase.  

I know I am "difficult" a lot, and that the devs see me (well, and most players frankly) as "difficult."  But I would never ever give Johan any backtalk or sass because his empathy with the players was so obvious. He took all the anger I would have built up, and in a few words could make it vanish. He didn't lie to me and he didn't sugarcoat. He had my absolute respect.

What you say pretty much confirms what I felt at the time -- that Johan was basically forced out of his job, and in large part because he felt too much sympathy with the playerbase.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

If you want sindusk, join his server, Revenant on Wurm Unlimited. 90% of the features that have been implemented on WO lately have been on Revenant for a while now. 

10 minutes ago, atazs said:

If you want sindusk, join his server, Revenant on Wurm Unlimited. 90% of the features that have been implemented on WO lately have been on Revenant for a while now. 

idk who you is but, if you think Wurm Unlimited even comes close to the PVP experience of Wurm Online you're gravely mistaken. For one thing everyone there is hacking , seeing everyone and everything through walls. For another thing everyone there macros. 

For these reasons people don't take it seriously and never will.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gladiator said:

idk who you is but, if you think Wurm Unlimited even comes close to the PVP experience of Wurm Online you're gravely mistaken. For one thing everyone there is hacking , seeing everyone and everything through walls. For another thing everyone there macros. 

He’s a perma banned wo player that’s why he’s on wu. He’s been banned for macros and much more.  

4 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Best way to stop esp is have someone screenshot their client. Gotta close the client to turn esp off. Ban those who are cheating.

3 hours ago, FranktheTank said:

Best way to stop esp is have someone screenshot their client. Gotta close the client to turn esp off. Ban those who are cheating.

Some servers allow the use of ESP, even Sindusk's. So...

If I were forum admin (be glad I am not ;) ) I would have long closed every "Sindusk" discussion. They did no good neither to Sindusk himself, the Dev Team, or the playerhood. So damn stop it.

As to a WU PvP server, I beg to reconsider. Years ago I was in professional contact with colleagues in network and server farm administration, and 2nd/3rd level support, managing the servers of a large mainstream MMORPG (does not matter which, but it was one of the very large ones) having PvE and PvP players like the most. They told me that about two third of development and maintenance efforts, and 90% of the GM and CS work, mainly in conflict regulation, went into PvP related topics, while less than 10% of the paying customers were indeed practising PvP.

That said (and not meant to blame or taint PvP players as I consider such natural given the competitive nature of PvP using all allowed means to win over) I merely doubt that a single person would be able to successfully run a PvP server, neither on WU nor elsewhere. If you truly want to ruin Sindusk's health and creativity, it would be the right way to push him into such an adventure. I trust he is mature enough to know that himself.

• Like 3

On 1/31/2019 at 3:42 AM, Ekcin said:

If I were forum admin (be glad I am not ;) ) I would have long closed every "Sindusk" discussion. They did no good neither to Sindusk himself, the Dev Team, or the playerhood. So damn stop it.

As to a WU PvP server, I beg to reconsider. Years ago I was in professional contact with colleagues in network and server farm administration, and 2nd/3rd level support, managing the servers of a large mainstream MMORPG (does not matter which, but it was one of the very large ones) having PvE and PvP players like the most. They told me that about two third of development and maintenance efforts, and 90% of the GM and CS work, mainly in conflict regulation, went into PvP related topics, while less than 10% of the paying customers were indeed practising PvP.

That said (and not meant to blame or taint PvP players as I consider such natural given the competitive nature of PvP using all allowed means to win over) I merely doubt that a single person would be able to successfully run a PvP server, neither on WU nor elsewhere. If you truly want to ruin Sindusk's health and creativity, it would be the right way to push him into such an adventure. I trust he is mature enough to know that himself.

That is literally how you get a forum riot of epic proportions.

Completely silencing folks in that manner would have been tremendously worse for the entire game than just letting people air their grievances for a short period of time, taking account of what they say and moving on.

The moment you start silencing the voice of the community in that way is the moment you lose the community.

You also do not know what you are talking about, Sindusk ran a pvp server for a long period of time with almost no issue.

Edited by FranktheTank
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, FranktheTank said:

That is literally how you get a forum riot of epic proportions.

Completely silencing folks in that manner would have been tremendously worse for the entire game than just letting people air their grievances for a short period of time, taking account of what they say and moving on.

The moment you start silencing the voice of the community in that way is the moment you lose the community.

You also do not know what you are talking about, Sindusk ran a pvp server for a long period of time with almost no issue.

The voice of reason. My man.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2019 at 2:35 AM, Egard said:

He’s a perma banned wo player that’s why he’s on wu. He’s been banned for macros and much more.  

No clue where you got the macro part from but the other part is correct. Never macroed in WO in my life. 

Edited by atazs