Sign in to follow this  
Kelody

Global spell goal

This is premature and unknown, but a hope it's implemented this way.

Global Spells are NOT shared among links, only the caster receives credit.

Give all linked priests completion for global spells. 1 priest of 8 or more getting the goal completion will make it very difficult for many people to ever finish this goal.

Linked priests do now get credit. This is still a very difficult task if the community isn't helpful.

Rite of Death can now be cast on Freedom also.

I do not know if they fixed the issue with demigods not gaining power.

Edited by Kelody
  • Like 3

It also may be worth noting that Libila-template priests cannot complete this goal on PvE servers.

• Like 2

If linking gives credit, they could link to a Lib template priest and get credit.

• Like 1

Requiring global spell casts in the journal in any form is a bit silly, unless it could be changed to doing your prayer on the server it was cast within the 24 hour window. As mentioned above Libila template priests can't cast on Freedom so that severely limits how many can finish the journal since it requires a pvp server. Rituals were changed so people sniping them at odd hours is less of a big deal and then this gets added so the sniping problem is back. Can't want to see how mad people get when someone who has already casts a ritual spell casts another one essentially stealing a goal from someone else. 

• Like 4

Yeah, the global spell cast requirement isn't "personal", since someone else can do it and keep you from doing it.

+1 to changing that.

• Like 1

Been thinking more about this goal, and I'm increasingly against it, if only for this reason:

Doing this goal yourself is a practical impossibility; casting a global spell requires the combined efforts of many, many people: followers and priests together. Only giving one player credit for this goal is a bad idea on many levels, and will sow the seeds for much drama and discontent in years to come.

Please, please reconsider this one. :(

• Like 1

+1

only 1 get credit for efforts from many many player, please reconsider that step on journal

Credit for participating (that is, casting or being a linked participant) would probably be better, since then people won't be fighting over who gets to do it quite as much.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

Credit for participating (that is, casting or being a linked participant) would probably be better, since then people won't be fighting over who gets to do it quite as much.

True, but there'd still be the potential for a lot of drama, since the favor pool could still be "stolen". I really don't want to see that, especially when we can see the problem now, before it's had a chance to fester (like the drama about uniques).

By the way, is there any kind of limit on how many priests can link to the caster? (Does difficulty go through the roof if too many link?)

18 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

True, but there'd still be the potential for a lot of drama, since the favor pool could still be "stolen". I really don't want to see that, especially when we can see the problem now, before it's had a chance to fester (like the drama about uniques).

To some extent I agree, but keep in mind these goals are long-term things you only need to do once on a given character. Unless they very consistently get sniped, I don't see it as being a huge problem, and there's less incentive for people to do that these days.

12 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

To some extent I agree, but keep in mind these goals are long-term things you only need to do once on a given character. Unless they very consistently get sniped, I don't see it as being a huge problem, and there's less incentive for people to do that these days.

The reward seems to be permanent +5 spell power, which sounds big (especially if a 98 power cast becomes a 103 power cast). That's enough incentive to snipe, I think.

How many priests are there who would want the goal, versus the chances to get it? Think also of how many PvP priests will want it.

Well tbh one of the issues is that veteran players are weirdly caught in a middle. I assume system will be more fun to participate as new player as it seems like a thing you progress slowly over years. Veterans have that understandable urge to finish it in a couple of days I guess and one thing that prevents them for doing it is thorn in their eye understandably. After years of torment of playing a priest, playing slot machine, casting and shattering all over again who wouldn't want a glimpse of hope that it might be a little bit better with that reward... And who wouldn't want that reward right now instead of waiting couple more years.

I personally don't like this goal for much reasons:

I am Lib, so I don't even have a proper chance to do it on freedom.

I am not social type that would want to bother with gathering enough priests to cast it at the right time when pool is available

If have no idea when the pool is available and when it will be

Burn 100k favour np, grind to 95 chan sure, cast 101+ enchant it will happen eventually, but find people to do it at the right occasion before someone else do it I would rather not really

• Like 1

+1 with a tweak

"Take part in 5 global spells" would be a better goal.  Still keeps some of the difficulty there, and encourages huge groups of priests to do single global casts.

between goals like "100k favor" "global spell" and "70 prayer" i assume this is the final in the priest journal. i'm interested in what the other journal's final one is going to be like now.

global spells are extremely rare though, 23 got cast in the entirety of last year *before* they bugged out and could be cast non-stop. Doesn't really seem like something that you can work for, just something you can snipe from under other people. seems kind of out of place next to all the "work towards these over a few months" there's a "be in the right spot at the right time and have nerds curse you out for stealing it"

Can't wait for the "ban yellowfinger" threads to pop up again lol

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Doesn't really seem like something that you can work for, just something you can snipe from under other people. seems kind of out of place next to all the "work towards these over a few months" there's a "be in the right spot at the right time

This.  Goals like this should be avoided.

Edited by kochinac
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

+1 with a tweak

"Take part in 5 global spells" would be a better goal.  Still keeps some of the difficulty there, and encourages huge groups of priests to do single global casts.

And while the huge group of priests is organizing, another group snipes it? :ph34r:

Oh, and I note that both from a PvP and an economic perspective, there is significant incentive to keep others from achieving the goal.

+1 to changing this. Especially considering Lib template priests can't do it on PVE servers at all, and getting the correct amount of prayers/faith for the deity might be near impossible on PVP servers.

Edited by boilingfort

this is by far the dumbest things implemented since the rite rework, it's especially impossible on smaller servers or pvp servers.

obviously change +1

credit for participation or completing the prayer within 24h, if the goal is kept in my opinion, its def a far cry from a personal goal.

• Like 2

An Idea, make this it's own journal after Benediction, that rewards a special title and sleep bonus. Not required for the very powerful and desirable reward of Benediction. Benediction is already hard enough without it. Gonna have to imp my altar past 90ql to have a chance of a gold altar.