Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 24/JAN/19

PatchNotes.png

Changes and Additions

• Journal Changes
    • The journal now has the main tutorial and a fishing tutorial which you can use at any time.
    • The First Steps = Replaced Find Route with Join Village on servers where highways are disabled.
    • A close tutorial button has been added for characters older than 6 months.
    • A quickbind page has been added to the tutorial.
    • A mouseover note has been added to the journal reward info as a reminder that the reward will be received on the cluster where the tier is completed.
    • New tiers have been added to the journal.
    • Priest tiers have been added to the journal.
  • New: 100 Forestry title added
  • New:  Priests of demigods can now create and continue their template god colossus.
  • Clarification: Frantic charge is intended to increase walking movement speed. It currently increases movement speed by 10% on foot. The change where it no longer affected mount speed did go into effect and was intentional.
  • Change: Fireheart – Reduced spell damage against non-player targets slightly. This reduction is more significant against less armoured targets (like cats and wolves), but has minimal effect on tougher creatures (like trolls).
  • Change: Adamantine runes of Jackal will now determine the color upon rune creation and show the rgb value in the rune examine message.
  • Change: Priests can now remove mine doors with a crowbar.
  • Change: Priests can now place mine doors.
  • Change: Wand of the Seas and Rod of Eruption usage instructions have been improved.
  • Change: Oakshell should apply its armour value over cloth and leather if active.
  • Change: Frantic Charge now grants up to 10% faster swing speed based on power.
  • Change: Find on Wurmpedia right click will now open Wurmpedia in an external browser window.
  • Change: Certain creatures can now be sacrificed outside missions:
    • Anaconda
    • Black Bear
    • Brown Bear
    • Black Wolf
    • Whale
    • Wild Cat
    • Cave Bug
    • Crab
    • Crocodile
    • Deer
    • Dolphin
    • Goblin
    • Hell Hound
    • Hell Scorpius
    • Lava Spider
    • Mountain Lion
    • Octopus
    • Pheasant
    • Large Rat
    • Scorpion
    • Seal
    • Spider
    • Tortoise
    • Troll

Bug Fixes:

• Bugfix:  Fixed a few issues with priests and planning/building floors and walls.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed some text and spelling issues.
  • Bugfix:  You can no longer throw empty container slots.
  • Bugfix: Empty saddles can now be banked again.
  • Bugfix:  Mystery piles of animal extremities should no longer appear when traitors are killed.
  • Bugfix:  Fertile eggs in chicken coops will now be fertile egg instead of Egg, fertile causing hatched chicks to be named fertile the chicken.
  • Bugfix:  Fresh herbs properly lose their ‘fresh’ state when put into crates.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed a caged animal  issue which sometimes prevented server crossings.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed an issue which made journal tiers visible without properly being unlocked by the previous tier.
  • Bugfix:  Creature death notice will no longer appear where they were caged if they die on another server.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed an issue which caused  Paved with Stone journal reward to show complete but no title was rewarded.
  • PvP Bugfix:  Added a close tutorial button on pvp servers.
  • PvP Bugfix: Fixed an issue where new deeds would not be chained when placed until a new tower was built or the server was restarted.

Fishing changes: 

• Added lore action to rod/pole on boat, and rod/pole/spear/net on tile. Gives a little information on what might be found in areas.
  • Damage to fishing tools is not as drastic as it was for larger fish.
  • Increase rarity bonus on pulling-in failures (less likely to snap rare+ line etc).
  • Destroy fish if tools are broken to prevent floating ghost fish.
  • Max time for initial fish to appear has been lowered.
  • Fish will nibble a bit longer before swimming off.
  • New Fishing tutorial has been added to your journal.
  • Fishing Bugfix: Fixed a few incorrect or confusing fishing messages.
  • Fishing Bugfix: Buoy examine will now show both lamp and barrel dye colours.
  • Fishing Bugfix: Buoy dyes should now remain after planting and server restarts.
  • Fishing Bugfix: Keep Nets should now function properly when trying to attach/detach and remove fish and plant in shallow water.
  • Fishing Bugfix: Missing Fishing line, hook and bait text spam should be fixed.
  • Fishing Bugfix: Fishing tools should now indicate ‘fishing hook’ instead of just ‘hook’ so there is less confusion with the other metal hook used to make a toolbelt.

Client Changes:

• New: Quick keybinding – you can now create a key bind by holding a key while mouse hovering a right-click menu option.
  • New: Keep nets will now display on rowing boats and sailing boats

The post Patch Notes 24/JAN/19 appeared first on Wurm Online.

• Like 4

omg.. 1st ?

*reads update after post*

Edited by TeeeBOMB
more words

35 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Fishing Bugfix: Keep Nets should now function properly when trying to attach/detach and remove fish and plant in shallow water.

+1

I am hearing some interesting hidden features within this patch, excellent work thank you.

11 minutes ago, Niki said:

I am hearing some interesting hidden features within this patch, excellent work thank you.

Nothing hidden, bugs and exploits should be reported. Unless I missed a patch note. What are you referring to

Nice, fishing really needed a little direction for the player. Cool first update of the year. 

Is the Wiki opening in a new window going to make pressing "h" then typing "elp" even more horrifying or is it just from the context menus? ?

Edited by Beanbag

13 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Nothing hidden, bugs and exploits should be reported. Unless I missed a patch note. What are you referring to

Journal rewards mostly.

Is it possible to toggle on and off the active keybinding?  If you are using a push to talk key and hover over an action too long, like when you are talking, you will re-bind the key to your push to talk key which is going to be annoying after a while.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

i think you missed a "bug fix"

you can no longer cast strongwall into adjacent mines 

yw

Speaking of which, why are existing HOTA statues all different colors now?

Edited by madnezz

39 minutes ago, madnezz said:

yeah i noticed same issue, my lady of the lake is ugly blackish now, and deer redish ? is that intentional?

1 hour ago, madnezz said:

55 minutes ago, kochinac said:

yeah i noticed same issue, my lady of the lake is ugly blackish now, and deer redish ? is that intentional?

That issue has been reported here https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/167895-investigating-hota-statue-color/.

Please keep an eye on that thread for follow up.

• Like 1

No changes to journal for priest what cant do without faith loss. As i suggested is it possible to get command /priest what change journal step such that priest can do? No improvement, no chop tree down etc...

Just now, monsterix said:

No changes to journal for priest what cant do without faith loss. As i suggested is it possible to get command /priest what change journal step such that priest can do? No improvement, no chop tree down etc...

there's a separate priest journal.

7 hours ago, DevBlog said:

The First Steps = Replaced Find Route with Join Village on servers where highways are disabled.

Priest tiers have been added to the journal.

Hurrah! :)

Oh, and while I haven't played around with it yet, quick keybinding looks cool.

Edited by Roccandil

Why get rid of the ingame wiki? Dumbest update ever.

Thanks for removing this great feature we've had for so long.

Edited by Kswords
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Kswords said:

Why get rid of the ingame wiki? Dumbest update ever.

Thanks for removing this great feature we've had for so long.

rip immersion lol, this is one of the most common reason why people leave negative reviews on Wurm Unlimited. The idea of having to leave the game in order to gain knowledge is VERY off putting for new players. I hope they find another way to implement the info into the game. This is even worse for those with only one monitor and play in full screen. 

• Like 2

I already love the new keybinding features, thanks a lot for them!

• Like 1

I would like to ask for a little clarification on the journal tier rewards:

Are the permanent rewards are given on both clusters and only the SB awarded is tied to the cluster where the tier was completed, or the buffs are tied to that cluster also?

Edited by Jaz

Am also curious: why can't we sacrifice passive mobs like cows/sheep/etc.? Traditionally, those are the creatures that would get sacced in ancient times! :)

• Like 1

with updates u cant clean forges for ash anymore   whats up .......

Thanks for the clear as ever patch notes!   I seriously don't understand why accurate and informative patch notes are so difficult to do.

Spoiler

Hidden in settings is the ability to toggle on/off auto key binds. 

Crucial information we have to discover on our own because of all the fun we derive by going through the settings after each patch to see what's changed.  

Edited by madnezz

1 hour ago, madnezz said:

Thanks for the clear as ever patch notes!   I seriously don't understand why accurate and informative patch notes are so difficult to do.

Hide contents

Hidden in settings is the ability to toggle on/off auto key binds. 

Crucial information we have to discover on our own because of all the fun we derive by going through the settings after each patch to see what's changed.  

"New: Added an option to disable quick keybinding"

Clearly stated in the 26 Jan Client Update notes (after this update). This was added due to user feedback.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this