Sign in to follow this  
Quicktor

Farewell to the greatest Dev

50 minutes ago, Niki said:

Best advice I can say is take a step back from game and forums then. I probably would as well.

To often I hear kingdoms trying to get other kingdoms in trouble, I'm sorry but Wurm is chuck full of bugs, report them if you find them next time instead of trying to profit.

I enjoy riding a high horse also, let us examine why you are incorrect in this statement.

How in the hell did your guys get away with physically teleporting through a locked ENEMY GATE by relogging, without punishment to avoid dying?

WHICH WAS CAPTURED ON VIDEO BY THE WAY 

Tell me HOW that INTENTIONALLY teleporting through a locked inaccesible wall owned by enemies is not an exploit of game mechanics exactly, and that WU gets punished for similar things but not TC? How come we don't get to know the verdict of our own kingdoms bans before TC does, we were not ONCE asked our side of this story, and instead were exposed to random bans against players who were not even logged in - like come on. absolutely ridiculous, I have played this game for seven years, and loved it up until this point, if all we do is play the point fingers game and see how many staff members we can get to stack each kingdom to gain favour and pardons in game then why should I even bother paying to play?

Outside of the above I would actually like to mention the fact that the priest changes were great, and aside from relative minor tweaking that is required, as with all updates, PvP has been so much fun and on the rise - that WL fight was goddamned amazing. It is an absolute shame that the way the community is treated (and treats eachother) by the discretion of a few individuals on the GM team who think random bans of players not involved in any shenanigans is a great way to promote the game itself.

This is not MRC 2.0 - IT IS much worse, let us all hope everyone has learned something from this gigantic mess, so we can move on and enjoy the game without anymore absolutely ridiculous decisions forced by outdated and downright stupid policies, which if questioned get you silenced.

Edited by Firecat
clarification
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Firecat said:

That's a real nice video you have there.

Be a shame if someone were to... Gestapo it.

Jokes aside that clearly outlines the type of #### you deal with on a daily when you agree to fight those lowlifes. No repercussions or punishments will ever be handed out to them though. Hmm, I wonder why...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whereami said:

That's a real nice video you have there.

Be a shame if someone were to... Gestapo it.

Jokes aside that clearly outlines the type of #### you deal with on a daily when you agree to fight those lowlifes. No repercussions or punishments will ever be handed out to them though. Hmm, I wonder why...

Yeah ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Keenan said:

I know all too well how firmly minds become set and how the Internet lacks the level of interaction needed to sway those set minds. I felt this needed to be said, however.

Sindusk added a lot to the game during his tenure, aided by being a volunteer with free reign to work on his vision of what should be. What made Sindusk a great developer here was most certainly his drive, however it was the rest of the team coming together to make up for his inexperience that brought his visions and projects home. Ausimus, DarkLords, Jberg, and Budda helped with bugs and carrying things across the finish line. Alectrys and Retrograde helped test and organize testing to find those bugs. We are a team, and Sindusk was a part of that team. I looked forward to his experience growing and was even hoping to groom him and vouch for him in a contracted position.

My only complaint when it came to Sindusk was that he barely tried to be a part of that team. When he disagreed with a standing policy, he simply broke it instead of discussing it. You may think that was wise of him, but those polices stand for a reason. Does anyone remember Sparta? I wasn't there, but boy do I remember the fallout from it. We try very hard to not do anything unilaterally and to ensure our communication channels with players are public and open to ensure another Sparta doesn't happen.

Sindusk had thrown his fellow team members under the bus numerous times without any supporting evidence. When he was spoken to about it, he was apologetic, but that only lasted so long. Even his exit was another thumbed nose at the team that helped him along the way, by not giving us any chance to make a news post. Within minutes of notifying Budda, we were getting PMs about it from players.

So while I agree that he did some amazing things for the game and I did enjoy his views on things, I have to adamantly disagree with his method in leaving and his methods of communication during his time. Keep in mind he only communicated with a small segment of the player base regularly. For someone who criticized us about communication, I find this hypocritical.

I would also like to thank him and the players who have been actively discussing communication. It's really brought into the light much of the suggestions Retrograde has been making for months now, and I think this event gives him more credit for that.

Between Tich and Sindusk, I feel the rest of us have quite a lot of empty space to try and fill. This is not the end of Wurm though, unless you want it to be by continuing to doom-say the game. This is but a ripple. We will continue with updates, with content, and with moving forward.

Wurm isn't going anywhere, no matter how many numbers you throw at these forums.

I was really hoping to just leave this behind me, but this post is just so insulting to me that I feel it's necessary to respond.

Sindusk had thrown his fellow team members under the bus numerous times without any supporting evidence. When he was spoken to about it, he was apologetic, but that only lasted so long. Even his exit was another thumbed nose at the team that helped him along the way, by not giving us any chance to make a news post. Within minutes of notifying Budda, we were getting PMs about it from players.

Evidence is through internal communications. That's protected by NDA. I don't want to air dirty laundry, I just want to leave. If you really want to get into it, then go ahead and start with how I "threw team members under the bus." After you state your side, I'll be willing to state mine with all supporting evidence. You have my permission to share the full conversation we had on December 13th in IRC, if you really want to. However, that does nobody any good.

I would also like to thank him and the players who have been actively discussing communication. It's really brought into the light much of the suggestions Retrograde has been making for months now, and I think this event gives him more credit for that.

This is by far the most insulting thing in the post. There are literally months of internal communications of Retrograde and other staff actively preventing the suggestions in this thread. Again, it's all protected by NDA, and I'm not looking to really get into it.

Wurm isn't going anywhere, but the people that care about it are.

• Like 40

/yawn.  Drama is older then the theatres built for it.  More impressive then the grown ups bickering here is that this thread hasnt been locked.... Is it that time yet?

1 minute ago, Nomadikhan said:

/yawn.  Drama is older then the theatres built for it.  More impressive then the grown ups bickering here is that this thread hasnt been locked.... Is it that time yet?

no

37 minutes ago, Niki said:

no

Unfortunately so 

Edited by Nomadikhan

2 hours ago, Sindusk said:

I was really hoping to just leave this behind me, but this post is just so insulting to me that I feel it's necessary to respond.

Evidence is through internal communications. That's protected by NDA. I don't want to air dirty laundry, I just want to leave. If you really want to get into it, then go ahead and start with how I "threw team members under the bus." After you state your side, I'll be willing to state mine with all supporting evidence. You have my permission to share the full conversation we had on December 13th in IRC, if you really want to. However, that does nobody any good.

This is by far the most insulting thing in the post. There are literally months of internal communications of Retrograde and other staff actively preventing the suggestions in this thread. Again, it's all protected by NDA, and I'm not looking to really get into it.

I had a feeling Keenan was somehow involved in all of this.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Sindusk said:

+1 to airing out the laundry. ?‍♂️ Let’s start there and move into a new age of transparency. 

Oh dear... As history and experience have taught me, bringing issues between people (Sindusk and the developers) into the public eye never works. Especially without consent.

This is a desperate attempt to cool a heated community that has gone wrong.

But I guess Sindusk did kinda bend the rules a bit, but man, that should be okay imo... Nothing ever turns out fantastic if ambition is suppressed, Sindusk must've been excited in his position. And had amazing ideas.

Edited by Wiolo

The way I see it, finding entropy in people isn't the remarkable thing; the remarkable thing is ever finding anything else.

In this case, Sindusk had a unique rapport between developer and community that I think is worth remembering, and I'd like to see more of it.

I think this thread has gone on long enough and I think at this point has become just arguing and brings nothing new to the table. 

It's clear that there were issues with communication on both sides, and plenty for everyone to learn from this. 

Spending time in more public testing with discussion is good, and something we will do more of. Policies and procedures we have in the works will continue and we will continue to improve our transparency. 

• Like 3