Sign in to follow this  
Quicktor

Farewell to the greatest Dev

9 hours ago, Budda said:

The policy is specifically to do with pvp players talking to developers in back channel PMs or messages. There has been a long history of accusations of one kingdom or another having the ear of a dev and getting their requests implemented into the game because it benefits them over another kingdom. These accusations still happen to this day. Limiting those communications stop that sort of thing from happening. The forums exist for a reason, the suggestions forum and bug forum exist for a reason. If everything is discussed openly in these sections then the accusations of bias towards one kingdom or another are baseless.

You want to read my report to sindusk on discord messages. Where I brought up a valid issue in the most non bias way and it was majorly shut down due to his bias towards a kingdom. Where he refused to acknowledge it was an issue because the other kingdom didn’t complain. 

5 minutes ago, Egard said:

You want to read my report to sindusk on discord messages. Where I brought up a valid issue in the most non bias way and it was majorly shut down due to his bias towards a kingdom. Where he refused to acknowledge it was an issue because the other kingdom didn’t complain. 

you know just aswell as everyone else that this is far from being true, in fact Sindusk was the only developer i knew that wasnt affected by any kingdom and refused to join chaos unlike other devs, to be able to remain neutral

the reason he left is clear, the reason why you are trying to downplay it to a biased position on his part is clear, stop bashing the best thing that happened to wurm in years of development

sheer fact that the only side consulted about this was your kingdom is making it blatantly obvious

oh and about the valid issue, i guess you are talking about the spell damage / resistances? since thats the latest thing you guys have been mad about...

its opinion based from a player perspective, there is a thread you can bring up your valid issues about it you know

if this doesnt happen to be something about the recent spell damage / resistances then make a new thread so people know about your valid issues, its easy

its sad that people still use this thread to try and bash an awesome dev

1 minute ago, Quicktor said:

you know just aswell as everyone else that this is far from being true, in fact Sindusk was the only developer i knew that wasnt affected by any kingdom and refused to join chaos 

False he was on chaos played on yagggyjr or however it is spelt in Panda. 

1 minute ago, Egard said:

since icerns told you the story about that instant you also know it was one time, cause he wanted to know what the armor changes feel like in the live game

but yeah, you know all that, you are egard after all

1 minute ago, Egard said:

I don't know if this is true or not, but it's besides the point. How is him having or not having had played on a panda alt many many months ago making him "biased towards a certain kingdom" ? Dude wtf is wrong with you? The best dev just quit his job because of other people's BS. Stop making it worse

• Like 3

He played several times, he was never biased though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

since icerns told you the story about that instant you also know it was one time, cause he wanted to know what the armor changes feel like in the live game

but yeah, you know all that, you are egard after all

Doesn’t change the fact your statement was wrong

@Gladiatorthat’s not what made him bias imo. 

Regards to his departure I found out almost as it happened. I was speaking to him on discord at the time. He knows my opinions of him as a dev and of his ways. 

4 minutes ago, Egard said:

Doesn’t change the fact your statement was wrong

@Gladiatorthat’s not what made him bias imo. 

Regards to his departure I found out almost as it happened. I was speaking to him on discord at the time. He knows my opinions of him as a dev and of his ways. 

hey listen, either post your proof here about your claims or just stop posting, would like to see these PM's you know

also, nothing i said is wrong, he never joined any kingdom on chaos in order to remain neutral, thats a fact

this whole page wont matter soon since its gonna be removed, but yeah

Edited by Quicktor

Good luck Sindusk , but everyone comes back one way or another , Wurm can be a bad addiction .

As for the reason he is leaving I understand it totally .

It dosent take one large issue to cause problems , but many little ones that people seem to think nothing of doing them .

It can toss a wrench into the works and bring stuff to a halt so fast ...I been there and taking a brake because of it before I tell a few players what I think of them.

No sense in burning bridges ......

1 minute ago, Finnn said:

Wait wut, where's @Sinduskgoing, didn't see anything in news? ?

We all learned pretty much the same way you did.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Finnn said:

Wait wut, where's @Sinduskgoing, didn't see anything in news? ?

Click the blue tag and see his profile.

• Like 1

When you work for a company or represent them on some basis you can still voice your disagreements. Beyond that you must abide by their policies. If you can no longer tolerate them it is best to move on. From reading Sindusk's post that is the point he reached and made the right decision to leave his position rather than becoming an undermining force to the game's further progress.

As for the rest of this. Some people play this game for years without the conflicts and dissatisfactions expressed towards the Developers here. Sure, we may post about some disagreements with some changes made or additions but in turn we do not attempt to paint the Developers as incompetent villains with their ulterior motives willfully concealed by neglect and avarice.

The wheel turns slowly here as the game rolls on. The Developers will take it in the direction they wish to go. Hop on and enjoy the ride. Just don't stick your foot under the wheel or it will be crushed as just another bump on the road. Better to move out of the way and take a route more to your liking.

=Ayes=

• Like 8

Thanks for all the awesome, Sindusk.

Your work and dedication has been amazing.

I see the remaining peeps as just defending their position instead of taking a long hard look at that position. It's expected. But sad.

The longer someone has been a part of something, the more they have invested in defending it, instead of just swallowing the ego and fixing it.

If your customers keep saying... hey bub, this isn't right. You can bet your boots, it's not right. The customer is not your enemy or your opponent.

Sindusk's post is what's wrong with basically every game and every community ever in existence. Somewhere along the line it turns into an 'us' (the development team) vs 'them' (the customers/players) then everything goes to pot from there on out forevermore.

Until someone comes along and points it out and tries to fix it. Who's then usually cast out and/or crucified.

And so the cycle continues.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I do agree that we need to be more open about large scale bans, particularly with today's ban regarding abuse of a mechanic that is the very reason for the PvP raid ban currently ongoing. We're in the process of taking appeals and will work through them to identify if everyone caught in the ban wave is worthy of the ban or if we should correct that. 

The "ban wave" bothers me. What I've heard is that there was a blanket ban of all of a kingdom's toons in local due to a single player doing an exploit, and what you say here seems to confirm that.

At best, that kind of banning sounds clumsy, heavy-handed, and arbitrary: "kill 'em all, and let God sort them out". At worst, it sounds like an exploit of the situation to hurt one kingdom and favor another. (Sindusk leaving now, and the manner of his leaving, only reinforces those optics.)

I understand that militaries use the "punish everyone for the fault of one" technique, but Wurm isn't a military. I could still understand this (though I'd disagree with it) if banning everyone in local for an exploit performed by one person were a clearly-stated policy that all kingdoms know about, so that they could take steps to keep players in line, but as far as I can remember, I've never seen this policy.

Does it exist? Is it clearly stated and displayed where all players can read it?

If not, I find that very troubling.

So @Retrograde it turns out, I've been wrong for whole time. While i submited you me deep concerns about some people i hoped for the best to avoid public drama and need to post name and shame thread up to public. And i was still waiting for months to get promised reply on this matter, while it turns out that it's better to just ordinary put name and shame topics, because it's easier to handle. Alright. However, if you tell you will response back, I'd expect from Community Relation Coordinator  to actually response. Even if I'd get a message "get the F off", it still would be much more appreciated by me than none. 
And don't get me wrong, i think you're doing good job in most cases and I have nothing against you. Still i can't get serious someone who can't keep on his word in own responsibility sector. I was awaiting you with another message, that you would have to see, however decided against sending it, while I was just ignored at all. And it does dissapoints me, that Dev policy prefer public forum dramas over gentle handling the stuff. If things looks like they look, so be it. 

Edited by Alkhadias
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

The "ban wave" bothers me. What I've heard is that there was a blanket ban of all of a kingdom's toons in local due to a single player doing an exploit, and what you say here seems to confirm that.

At best, that kind of banning sounds clumsy, heavy-handed, and arbitrary: "kill 'em all, and let God sort them out". At worst, it sounds like an exploit of the situation to hurt one kingdom and favor another. (Sindusk leaving now, and the manner of his leaving, only reinforces those optics.)

I understand that militaries use the "punish everyone for the fault of one" technique, but Wurm isn't a military. I could still understand this (though I'd disagree with it) if banning everyone in local for an exploit performed by one person were a clearly-stated policy that all kingdoms know about, so that they could take steps to keep players in line, but as far as I can remember, I've never seen this policy.

Does it exist? Is it clearly stated and displayed where all players can read it?

If not, I find that very troubling.

thats not even the biggest problem with the handling of recent events, there were other groups exploiting their way out of mines and such a few weeks prior, and it unfortunately seems like just because they wore a different tabard they got away with it...

now people like egard are pressing for even more severe punishments cause guess what, he wears the same tabard as those guys

i still think that this thread shouldnt be used for such topics though, hopefully the ongoing looking into ban appeals will change how the situation was handled, other than that we can just say we lost a really good developer over stupid decisions

Edited by Quicktor
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnn said:

Wait wut, where's @Sinduskgoing, ....................... ?

If I were to make a wild guess, I would say he'll probably be devoting his time, energy, and rather impressive skills to his WU server, Revenant. 

I would imagine that the residents of Revenant won't have their feelings hurt much by his leaving WO, and honestly I've often wondered how a few of the WO devs who run servers are able to juggle their commitments to WO along with running a WU server.  Makes me tired just thinking about it.  lol.  

I wish you all the best@Sinduskand hope Revenant is all you want it to be.   I haven't tried it yet myself because my time is currently spread out between my 4 current favorite servers, as well as checking into WO periodically to remind myself why I'm playing WU.  lol.  But your server is actually at the top of my list for the next one to try once I have more time to devote to another server.  :)

Edited by Amadee

1*MzqQm_K3sdO8RFibufJJBA.jpeg

On a serious note away from the above picture. I am not surprised in the slightest but this is very clearly a bad thing for the game itself, specifically the PvP community. I do not see PvP servers after that major priest overhaul benefiting from future updates, as the developer vision for that sector of the game is as far sighted as a blind man in a dark basement. 

I mourn for Epic, which no doubt will continue to serve as a testing ground for future updates, as the only individual who took interest in attempting to revitalize the dead cluster was Sindusk. I have yet to read over his post, but I have a very good feel I already know what it is going to say. 

Thank you Sindusk for your work, if you want to reopen and refocus on Wyvern I can almost guarantee some folks on it.

Cheers and thank you for listening to our concerns. 

EDIT: Yup, I was right.

Aside: I will never understand why the GM team in this game, as well as the Devs are so insanely secretive about everything. I have been complaining about this for years. Sindusk nailed it, and I think Wurm Online has to be one of the only games I know where the GM team is often despised (at least certain members). Be more transparent. I think it is safe for me to say that this comment represents my entire group in relation to the dev/GM team: We are laughing at you.

Edited by FranktheTank
  • Like 1

With that said, I believe the purpose of this thread is to thank Sindusk for his work as a volunteer developer for Wurm and wish him best of luck in his endeavours in the future, he is a talented dev that can bring complex ideas to fruition, I wish him the best. 

Wait.... the best guy to come along in two years was a volunteer and wasn't even PAID for the awesome contributions he made? Jesus.

• Like 7

It's mostly because there's some ideas, but nothing concrete, anything said now would be akin to sharing ideas around a coffee table in a dimly lit apartment while taking turns swigging out of a bottle of jack daniels. 

Needless, anything we do want to discuss with a fully fleshed out idea we will use the feature feedback section

Years ago now, a roadmap for future development plans was suggested.

After a long period of refusal, a roadmap was laid out, then apparently almost entirely abandoned.

Players get nervous because there's no roadmap.

There's things the devs want, there's things the players want, and the future is a big open question mark in the eyes of most of the players.

Without structure and stability, people tend to lose interest, or they don't see any point in continuing their investment. Wurm is typically an investment by a player over multiple years for their deed and characters. It's not something they take lightly.

The basic response that people are tired of is akin to "Well, yea we have plans, but we can't really tell you what they are. You'll just have to trust us."

It's not that the players don't trust the devs. It's that they want transparency, which, frankly, ya'll kind of suck at.

Lay out a roadmap, and players will either support it or they won't. And maybe, just maybe, they'll have some good ideas on where to take the game. Considering they're the one's who have actually played it for years. ;)

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Belrindor said:

Wait.... the best guy to come along in two years was a volunteer and wasn't even PAID for the awesome contributions he made? Jesus.

Extremely sad to be honest if he wasn't paid..?

This a great thread for everyone who wants to read things they already agree with, and ignore things that they don’t. A+

• Like 1