Sign in to follow this  
Killroth

PVE Alliance Decor/Flair package

On 2/2/2019 at 12:44 PM, Etherdrifter said:

As this thread shows...

Items one purchases via PvP are subject to change at the whim of the PvP kingdom.  This is a massive turn off to buying them, and is a solid reason why we should be able to make our own.

They only did that to make sure their stuff was safe in preparation for laying a false copyright claim against TC as a means of metagaming their wagon revenue away when the staff removed TC's kingdom graphics.   

23 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Dude what are you on about? I haven't spent a penny on Wurm for months. And look at my PVP kill count.

You who do not have a clue what the PVP situation is like should shut up

Then why are you here trying to shriek down a suggestion that's for PVE?  

GTFO

• Like 4

To move things back on topic....

Thinking on it, the extra load on clients may well form a technical barrier.

A good compromise would be something similar to what @fatysuggested, except maybe give each server their own unique emblem (voted for/designed by the community) as well.  The banner each player can craft is based on the server they have spent the longest time on in the past year.  Folks like to represent their home server after all!

This way, the PvP-ites get to keep their 100% custom gear; and PvE players still have a good degree of creative freedom, as well as a few banners they can exchange among themselves.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

Thinking on it, the extra load on clients may well form a technical barrier.

That may as well happen if a bunch of new kingdoms appear on Chaos over night. It's something that is always a risk all though with the models remaining the same and just textures being loaded, it might not be an issue at all.

1 hour ago, Mordraug said:

Then why are you here trying to shriek down a suggestion that's for PVE?  

Remember how we all united and supported "them" on the PvP posts begging for updates? which eventually worked out for "them"? I guess it's back to "us" and "them" now, since "they" got what they want (and OBVIOUSLY deserve, unlike us, Freedom pleb).

+1 for alliance heraldry.

Edited by Locath
Forgot to mention that i support this idea

+1 let the people who play on freedom have nice things to...

Yeah but guys, need to understand that if we PVE will able to make wagons / banners / tall banners / flags / tants, that will cause damage to pvp players, i mean to they kingdom coffers. So i'd suggest to ask to make pve design for different items.. Left kingdom stuff to pvpers. FreedomAlliance stuff can be something different, and i hope that all will be happy about it. 
They also think that tabards for pve is bad ideas... 
Let's ask to be able to make capes :)  + logotype / symbol of alliance 

Edited by Gofs

I really don't care if they're happy about it or not.

Let's say we ask for alliance BARDING, they'll run in shrieking against it as usual because "PvP is being ignored, we're the ones who DESERVE it!!!!!! WE SUFFER!!!!!!" and even go as far as to spew nonsense like that fellow the other day who was saying that the game would be better if it didn't have the part that only appeals to 90% of the playerbase.

Devs: The majority of your playerbase has spoken repeatedly about the idea of alliance regalia, why not oblige and use the extra couple of grand that that would generate while at it?  I mean, it's not like the detractors won't find something to complain about anyways, whether it's this suggestion being implemented or demanding that something be nerfed because someone else mastered it as a valid strategy or pretty much 90% of what you guys decide.

I'd never bother with buying PMK stuff just to have something "different looking". I'm not part of their cause or their efforts, wielding their regalia in any form feels phony. And in the end it's pretty expensive for such a piece.

If my alliance, which I am part of and like the people that are in it, were to make custom gear (via ingame pattern designer rather than bother devs for each alliance), I'd be more than happy to pitch in for and partake in a design that connects us. (If it were a thing, which I still think is not a number one priority to develop right now.)

What I'm getting at is that, in my opinion, the whole "this will hurt PvP" argument fallaciously hinges on the false presumption that both features, the sale of PMK merch and the possibility to create alliance flair, targets the same market "audience". There's an overlap at best, and in that overlap screams "codependency". I'm all for changing the PvP meta in ways that it isn't a huge drain on their pockets because I don't think it should be quintessentially more expensive than PvE. Trying to keep everyone in this codependent relationship instead is supremely misguided.

I wouldn't even mind if "alliance flair" was something you'd simply activate on normal stuff and it changes the flair depending on the owner/last driver, but trying to prevent it being sold effectively has so many corner cases to cover that it's not worth implementing just to capitulate to 10% of the players making erroneous/unfounded claims about its effect on the market.

• Like 1

Why IS PvP more expensive?  Never did quite get that.

1 hour ago, Mordraug said:

Why IS PvP more expensive?  Never did quite get that.

My guess is more deeds, some of them being of tactical nature, all of which can be drained of silver (=> gotta put more silver), costly trader items, drake/mm gear etc. Stuff that the meta makes you "unviable" when not having them, presumably.

Sounds like a ridiculous state to me, but that just shows in how bad faith the PvPers argue here, ontop of blatant strawmanning and lies: They should be going after this expensive meta, not some sheep on a tabard or whatever people would make on Freedom. Unless they're fine with this expensive meta. In which case, go ahead and pay your bills but don't pester other people with it then, you've made the decision you're okay with it, not us.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Flubb said:

My guess is more deeds, some of them being of tactical nature, all of which can be drained of silver (=> gotta put more silver), costly trader items, drake/mm gear etc.

Exactly. I wish it was different but the way the game is, you cant pvp without deeds. It's not fun, it's not rewarding, and raiding deeds is really boring. But that's how it is. Yeah there are smaller kingdoms with 2 deeds but they dont really fight. The real fight is WU vs TC. We have around 10 deeds, TC has probably 20+. AO is growing and they're gonna start popping deeds soon too probably.  With the new hota randomly spawning around the map, map control is even more important than before, which means - more deeds.

You cant succeed without it.

Just want to point out that if there's say a 10 v 10 and one side wipes, that kingdom has to spend another 50s.... in JUST res stones.  Easy fix to make them cheaper but that isn't acknowledged by devs any time it's suggested, but hey, in a populated pvp server dream with constant fights, what's a hundred euros or so a week in just forced paid mechanics for one/multiple kingdoms since wurm is cheap haha..  ha.. 

Only one PvE'er here but for what it's worth, if PvP asks for their prices to be brought down to PvE's range, they got my vote.

I mean, making PvP so expensive that they rely on selling to PvE is well.. silly.   PvE doesn't get to throw more cash at Wurm for their own shinies, PvP is less appealing to old and new player alike.

Maybe it made sense when PvP was slated to have way more features but at this point, way things turned out with the years, it makes none.

It's gotten better (the expense) with the dwindling population.  Chaos no longer sees 20 deaths on a daily basis, so alot less res stones are being bought.  And also, since the map is 3/4 empty now, there isn't as much money being poured into deed upkeep for kingdoms that span 50% of the map like MR used to (I can't imagine what their total deed upkeep costs as an alliance was).

PMK decor has always been residual income compared to what people spend buying accounts, drake sets, etc (past and present).  

Well, i think we just need fair package :)  To everyone be happy, like :
1) Pve design for meditations rugs / carpents, can load graphic.
2) Pictures for Amphoras, here can be loaded graphics.
3) stuff inside Large cart, that would be cool if we would be able to select from some limited number of items, like we can put 5 items in cart, so it will look for example like : 1) rock shards, 2) rock shards, 3) pickaxes in box, 4) stone chisels 1-2 5) 2-3 rock bricks. And for example neighbors alliance will have: 1) pack of planks, 2) 2-3 logs, 3) 2 saws, 4) hatchet, 5) some ropes to hold logs.  But didnt make it's too crazzy just make some choices, and each alliance can choice they pack what items they want.  that will add some RP to the game, and will look cool like you can see alliance that placed at deep forest so they produce logs and planks... And another Alliance somewhere deep in caves like a dwarf, so they make a lot of bricks and stone shards... Can imagine fishing alliance with nets, fishing roads and fishes in cart. 
I'd also add the possibility to attach the lantern to cart, that would look fancy and will be useful. 

Load each time new graphics - probably very annoying, so maybe better to just make some limited number of items that we already have in the game that we can add, creating by this way our own version ;) 

At all i think it possible to make alliance not only for union chat. But also for some better % of skill gain in some direction that you choose. Like alliance of lumberjacks will have +5-10% skill gain that connected with wood like carpentries skills and woodcut. But that's another topic. 

+1

even the "pick some heraldry symbols from the list and the banners/tabards will be autogenerated," would be nice

• Like 2