Sign in to follow this  
Killroth

PVE Alliance Decor/Flair package

Please give PVE alliances with enough members the opportunity to have a PVE alliance flair package similar to kingdoms.

There is no reason to deny us this... There is a larger amount of players playing the pve portion than the PvP portion of the game.

Codeclub AB will make money because there will be more people paying for this feature.

Why shouldn't people that dont participate in pvp be able to form thier own pve banners/wagons/tents the syetem is already in the game.

Pros

- more income for Codeclub AB

- more color

- ability to showcase/ form alliance spirit/pride

- less inequality in the pvp/pve balance

Cons

-Some more work for code club AB introducing new graphics (but i think the skinning process for those items is already there)

-PVP will lose profit selling thier special colors.

Solutions?

One option would be dissallowing certain colors in freedom so pvp players could maintain some pride "pvp colors" ( ex. red or black or w/e)

increasing the price to 2g for alliance flair package since it is less volatile than pvp.

Please give feedback and state where you play pvp or pve or both.

Thanks for your time and i play on Xanadu PVE only

Edited by Killroth
  • Like 10

+1. This would also remove one more objection to fully splitting PvP from PvE.

• Like 1

I rather this be a cash shop thing and have limited uses on items you can make. Heraldry wagon token you pay 10 euro for it on cash shop. You can use it on your wagon to change it's art. Heraldry banner, flag for 1 euro change the art on a banner. Maybe work on pricing but I don't think it should be something that is spammed. Saromen has to approve all these PMK things and that's one guy, I think he'd loose his mind if this was free.

Alternatively we could do something similar to Rust where you can paint, but that's still can cause a lot of lewd and inappropriate things. I think stuff should still be approved. Wurm staff could add a new player staff role to be art checkers and that might work.

I think 2g is cheap for unlimited art, the reason why 1g works for pvp servers you have to defend your kingdom or you will be destroyed. It takes a lot of effort.

Edited by Niki
  • Like 2

+1

Number of villagers/alliance members cap should be considered before made available to them

• Like 1

+1 / -1

I have mixed feelings on this.  On the one hand, I like the idea itself.  It would add something fun to pve.   On the other hand I dislike anything in any game that has such a huge price tag. 

To me, 2g translates as over $200 RL Cash. WO is ultimately a RL Cash game after all,  no matter how you disguise it.  (a rose by any other name.....etc.)   Since I don't play pvp in Wurm, I have no clue as to the overall impact of what they pay. Almost seems as though it's something mandatory for them to have a kingdom, from what I can see from where I sit.  But pvp aside, it just doesn't sit right with me to have something that expensive for a new feature. Drake, Scale, and other misc. items are bad enough and leave a bad taste in my mouth every time I see WTS posts for them.  That's just me though and I realize many don't agree with me.

• Like 2

I think alliances should be able to pay for their own alliance gear, yes. But I don't think it should be custom, because that would be a huge workload on Saroman to implement.

Instead, I think there should be a generator similar to this: http://www.furiousn00b.com/halo4/emblems/ with many, many wurm-related options, unlimited color choices, and different textures, designs, etc. to pick from.

Gives alliances unique gear without overloading the art team and the database with custom skins for every alliance out there, and it would be easier to add to the game in the long run, I'd imagine.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Beanbag said:

+1

I want a banner that has a troll bashing my face in

Beanbags has faces? :)

• Like 1

Reason: to have and maintain the possibility to have a custom anything takes a lot of time and energy to takes a lot of time and effort. Not only do you have to come up the gold but you must have a group that is active enough and skilled enough to defend your kingdom. There is great risk involved in this as this is full loot PvP. While I do like some of the aspects of the freedom servers the risk is no where what it is on the PvP servers. This is a pride thing.

As a possible compromise in this maybe not the full item set but a single item such as the tabard or a banner  for your alliance that can be placed on your deeds only. This would allow you to show pride in your alliance and yet minimize the slap in the face to those that risk everything.

Huge +1 for the idea, but also huge -1 for proposed implementation and restrictions...  Would more like to see ingame emblem designer that players can utilize ( pay to unlock shapes, or + make it ns or tailoring skill dependant so it feels progressive). Also I am against allowing it just for aliances, should be per village also +1 pattern for alliance if you're in one, +1 for kingdom which can stay custom for pmks as it is now to give it more flair.. Would like to see those new heraldry we designed for our village put on sails, shields, breastplates, tapestries, wagons any flat surface that can be painted

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EleDoK said:

Reason: to have and maintain the possibility to have a custom anything takes a lot of time and energy to takes a lot of time and effort. Not only do you have to come up the gold but you must have a group that is active enough and skilled enough to defend your kingdom. There is great risk involved in this as this is full loot PvP. While I do like some of the aspects of the freedom servers the risk is no where what it is on the PvP servers. This is a pride thing.

As a possible compromise in this maybe not the full item set but a single item such as the tabard or a banner  for your alliance that can be placed on your deeds only. This would allow you to show pride in your alliance and yet minimize the slap in the face to those that risk everything.

if it is a pride thing they shouldnt be allowed to sell on freedom. 

Edited by Killroth
  • Like 2

These decorations are for kingdoms, not alliances. Alliances are the layer between village and kingdom, pvp alliances dont have unique designs either.

That said though, alliances and villages maybe should be able to have alterations on those heraldics with the kingdom it belongs to still clearly vissible and recognizable.

+1

Alliance bling encourages pve trade between large groups, and gives any novice who joins, a marketable item.

On 1/24/2019 at 6:15 AM, Killroth said:

if it is a pride thing they shouldnt be allowed to sell on freedom. 

I see your point but that is one of the ways they afford to have multiple deeds and pay upwards of a gold or more for a deed per month. Are you able to say you do that? Also are you risking everything you built and have? This is the last I will say on this.

But its thier choice to make. If there is need for such an unfair system to support pvp perhaps it should be entirely seperate from pve.

+1 pve players should get this aswell. or make pvp less pay to win so more of use would venture to the pvp servers.

As this thread shows...

Items one purchases via PvP are subject to change at the whim of the PvP kingdom.  This is a massive turn off to buying them, and is a solid reason why we should be able to make our own.