Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 076

fix lurker in the deep, ONLY works when you are in the special tiles

• Like 1

Amazing news for the new update - and I'm really curious about the rest.

Regarding HOTA rework and Epic: Please give a statement if Elevation will stay as is or a reset is planned. It would be an amazing time to reset the map with the new HOTA mechanics introduced - the current deed locations will become mostly obsolate anyway.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

Wow! These are great changes! Congratulation.
I'm excited about the new HoTA. :)Do you plan a new Elevation map? I hope  :D

Thanks for the new fishing info. Much appreciated.

One thing I haven't heard explained yet is: where is the sea? Where does freshwater change into saltwater? I haven't been able to figure this out yet.

Also the wiki seems to suggest that certain fish cannot be caught with certain types of pole. For example, the table suggests that you can't catch a salmon with a professional rod. I use a professional rod (rare) and have 80 fishing skill, and yet I've never managed to catch a salmon. Could this be the reason why? Do I need to use a worse rod to catch a salmon?

Also also, since it seems that water depth is a factor in catching fish, can somebody explain to me where the depth is calculated? When you're shore-fishing, is it the depth of the tile you have selected when you hit the fish button or the depth of the tile underneath your bob? Similarly, when you're in a boat, is it the depth under your boat or the depth under your bob? 

Edited by Ajala

Glad to see more journal goals and priest specific goals being added already. Keep up the great work everyone!

13 hours ago, Amadee said:

So, I looked at the fishing chart on the wiki and one thing popped out at me.    Wurmfish:   Cave..Swim Depth 150-1000.   Is that a typo, oversight, or does it mean this is merely a mythical fish that doesn't exist?  How do you get a swim depth of 150+ in a cave?  Or am I misunderstanding something there?

Maybe it is lurking in some deep cavern waiting to be discovered...

10 hours ago, Ajala said:

Thanks for the new fishing info. Much appreciated.

One thing I haven't heard explained yet is: where is the sea? Where does freshwater change into saltwater? I haven't been able to figure this out yet.

Information is good, but raises lots more questions.

Is sea down to the size of the body of water, or is it just salt water. It would be good if it was down to the size, as we could have inland seas on Xanadu where many of use are a long way from the sea around the server - but then how to determine this in game. Or maybe it is simply down to depth?

Before the change, the deeper lakes (by lake I mean enclosed body of water) on Xanadu (and maybe other servers) had special fishing tiles. Maybe the larger/deeper enclosed bodies of water should be inland seas? Though I see a comment about lurker only working when inside the special area, so maybe they simply moved?

I notice that some of the fish are marked as bottom feeders. Maybe leger fishing rigs should be added.

I don't currently see a way of setting the bait depth below the float. So, swim depth is about the depth of the tile being fished on? So all about counting border tile slopes, how about adding a sliding float, or plumb line from boats, to measure the depth?

Edited by Wulfmaer

K9CyvwTf.jpg

I hope this is not working as intended.

(and no, I didn't paint it)

2 hours ago, Amaluna said:

K9CyvwTf.jpg

I hope this is not working as intended.

(and no, I didn't paint it)

Okay, that color/statue combo is the best one I've seen. :D

• Like 2

With all the fuss about other things I think we forgot to mention. That rewards for new tiers so far look awesome to me. Definitely step in the right direction :)