Sign in to follow this  
shamflam

Libila strongwall in pve

Hey all I'm not even a lib priest and I'm already complaining. Well not realy complaining cause I mainly went lib for  the BoTD cast but I don't see now that lib entered the world of pve why the strongwall cast has to be restricted to PVP only. I would verry much like to see it being added to PVE aswell and see no reason why not since it doesn't affect economy.  Any toughts? :)

Lorewise it doesn't make any sense aswell :) How does a priest forget a spell? ? 

- Flamoush -

Edited by shamflam

-1, this was the deciding factor on whether or not I was going to go with Libila, and changing it now would mean anyone else that was on the fence but already used their faith transfer would be screwed over.

If it was going to be done, they should have done it with the priest overhaul. Too late for it now.

Edited by Budzilla

Reason for Lib not having it on freedom is quite stupid and has nothing to do with economy xD But +1. I already complained in the priest overhaul thread when this appeared. And would still like to see Strongwall on Lib on pve, would make my life so much less pain...

• Like 3

+1 Yeah, why not. Not enough reason not to for me just because someone used transfer for this or that

3 minutes ago, Budzilla said:

-1, this was the deciding factor on whether or not I was going to go with Libila, and changing it now would mean anyone else that was on the fence but already used their faith transfer would be screwed over.

Or you know reward people that stick to Libila anyway, true belivers :P Libila wouldn't accept weeklings who would abbandon her for mere strongwall abillity.

kidding aside another free transfer is always option in such situations

Edited by kochinac

I did touch on this in the original priest overhaul thread, but the sole reason she does not have strongwall is because it's not part of her spell list. Similar to how fo won't get botd. 

On 12/16/2018 at 10:09 PM, Retrograde said:

Lib having strongwall on PvP is hard coded, not part of her generated spell list, which is why it's not included in PvE. 

Back in the day hots had to use support beams while WL kingdoms had strongwall and hots had no way to disintegrate. 

It was changed that all PvP priests had disintegrate and strongwall.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I did touch on this in the original priest overhaul thread, but the sole reason she does not have strongwall is because it's not part of her spell list. Similar to how fo won't get botd. 

Libila has always had strongwall since before the change. What does it mean it's not part of the spell list? If its not part of the spell list is because it was taken away from her.

Edited by Angelklaine

In fact, she already has 3 utility spells that are disabled on freedom so she has already a smaller spell list than anyone else. Personally I don't see why is an issue to have her be able to cast strongwall.

She was given strongwall in 2014.

• Like 1

I sorta feel like all priests should have Strongwall, but that's an Epic point of view (no Freedom economy perspective here!).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angelklaine said:

Libila has always had strongwall since before the change. What does it mean it's not part of the spell list? If its not part of the spell list is because it was taken away from her.

Libila got given strongwall with a change many years ago, same as disintegrate 

16 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

March 25, 2014 to be exact, yes. I just simply don't see what the problem is. It would be one of the very few things Libila would be useful for. Libila has no utility spells since the only utitlity spells she would have (Desintegrate and Strongwall) are disabled on Freedom.

I mean, I understand why you think it should be disabled on Freedom, but the why is a very weak argument. Just because she once did not have it is not reason enough. Granting Strongwall to Libila would give people a reason to priest libila instead of Nahjo. I already know at least 3 people that would had/would go libila instead if not for the lack of strongwall.

I think more variety of utility priests on Freedom would be much better than playing Nahjo's Online.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

No reason not to hard code it for freedom too as like people said she is already crippled with mycelium restrictions..

Libila doesn't have it on freedom because in the old days where kingdoms couldn't have any deity's, BL kingdoms were disadvantaged because they didn't have Strongwall at all.

1 minute ago, Wiolo said:

Libila doesn't have it on freedom because in the old days where kingdoms couldn't have any deity's, BL kingdoms were disadvantaged because they didn't have Strongwall at all.

Yes, but Libila wasnt welcome on Freedom back then either. The point I am trying to make is that there's not a really good argument against it. Nahjo is really the only viable utility priest on Freedom. If you want a freedom "deed priest" you go Nahjo. This puts any other god at a disadvantage. Libila in particular is left with literally no utility spells if you take strongwall away from her on top of all the other limitations she has and disabled spells on Freedom. She doesn't need to get nerfed anymore.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Retrograde said:

well It can always be added to the spell list right? thats what this sugestion is about :)

like others stated it doesn't bring unbalance to the other gods and lib spell list is shorter then the rest already. So I don't realy see a reason why this can't be done.

Edited by shamflam

Well in that logic all priests should have it, right? Just giving it to Lib because there is no argument against is... empty argument. Either give it to all or give to some priests. Currently Mag has it, he has no other spells he can use, Lib has WA and BoTD which are quite strong spells. So a -1 from me. If they did change it to everyone it would be good, but change it to PvE on one priest would be bad. 

I think the perfect balance for availability of strongwall would be Mag electrum rune with strongwall spell like I suggested recently in my thread about runes. That will make alternative for few tiles but it would still be more viable to use priest for it..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wulfgarr said:

Well in that logic all priests should have it, right? Just giving it to Lib because there is no argument against is... empty argument. Either give it to all or give to some priests. Currently Mag has it, he has no other spells he can use, Lib has WA and BoTD which are quite strong spells. So a -1 from me. If they did change it to everyone it would be good, but change it to PvE on one priest would be bad. 

I'm ok with giving spells liek this to all priests, its basicly a utility spell like bless so I dont see a reason why all priests can't have strongwall its not against economy (unless people are selling collapses, which I dont think anyone does). So maybe not just give lib strongwall but all priests.

4 hours ago, Wulfgarr said:

The argument is that Libila has no utility spells at all. Her spells that would pass as utility spells are disabled on Freedom. All of them. The only thing she has are enchants.

Thought she had dark messenger or w/e mailbox enchant was. Still more utility than vynora.

10 minutes ago, Killroth said:

Thought she had dark messenger or w/e mailbox enchant was. Still more utility than vynora.

Last I checked Dark Messenger could not be used by WL kingdoms including Freedom. Was this changed?

Dark Messenger - Mailboxes enchanted with Dark Messenger can now be used by all players, including those in white light kingdoms (including PvE freedom servers).

changed during priest overhaul.

1 hour ago, Killroth said:

Dark Messenger - Mailboxes enchanted with Dark Messenger can now be used by all players, including those in white light kingdoms (including PvE freedom servers).

changed during priest overhaul.

Nice

also I did'nt mention this before but not having strongwall in pve as lib priests doesn't make any sense lorewise. How can a priest forget a spell ? ? I edited that into the original post :)

Edited by shamflam