Sign in to follow this  
shamflam

5 faith a day limit

I was wondering why exactly do we have 2 restrictions on faith gain for followers? You already have to wait 20 minutes between prayers why is there another limit on 5 faith/24hrs? To me it would be much better to increase the wait time to1 hour for faith gain and remove the 5 faith a day. That way more dedicated players can become a priest more quickly (if you are willing to set your alarm each hour :p) . To me it seems just silly to have 2 restrictions. I get game balance is the main reason but that's still the case if you remove the 5 faith a day limit. it's just more of an annoyance thena  game balancing issue.

Thats why I would like to see it removed and the time betwxeen prayers raised to 1 hour. Especialy now that you can just transfer between priests thid zldo majorly affects game balance. and doesnt feel like its supposed to be done this way. 

Ideas on this? or any reaction why I might be wrong here? 

Since the real hard work on priests and channeling start after becomming a priest I dont see the problem with speeding up the process of becomming a priest itself.

- Flamoush -

Edited by shamflam

1 hour ago, shamflam said:

Ideas on this? or any reaction why I might be wrong here? 

Well, this change would actually produce the opposite of the intended effect in the case of many, if not most, players. If your play sessions are only two hours long, you would go from five faith ticks down to two. Casual players would therefore be penalized for the benefit of intensive players, which cuts against the grain of a lot of Wurm's mechanics (sleep bonus, fatigue, etc.). And even in the case of players serious about grinding faith, this is actually likely to slow the gains instead of accelerating them, because the fastest way to raise faith is sermons, and they reset your prayer limit every three hours if you go all out with them. In those three hours, you can get 5 faith ticks at present. Under your proposed change, you'd only get 3.

Edited by Gwyn
Clarity
  • Like 3

Curent faith gain system is stupid and needs improvement. Specificly should stop promoting alt armies and orient more towards solo gaining faith. Like missions for priests that would award faith simmilar to karma, sacing supremes that gives small faith tick, etc. Sermons are tiresome and stupid as hell, it was quite painfull and meaningless road for me when I grinded one priest to 100 faith

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gwyn said:

because the fastest way to raise faith is sermons, and they reset your prayer limit every three hours if you go all out with them. In those three hours, you can get 5 faith ticks at present. Under your proposed change, you'd only get 3.

so the max 5 faith a day doesnt exist at sermons for followers and you can still grind out faith and become a priest faster? I did not know that. or am I wrong ? unless you can't participate in one as a follower. I know you can only lead one with a priest but don't know about participating.

Edited by shamflam

1 hour ago, shamflam said:

so the max 5 faith a day doesnt exist at sermons for followers and you can still grind out faith and become a priest faster? I did not know that. or am I wrong ? unless you can't participate in one as a follower. I know you can only lead one with a priest but don't know about participating.

Ah, I didn't pick up on the fact that your suggestion is for followers only, not priests, which is what I get after re-reading it. So you're suggesting the 20-minute cooldown and 5 prayer tick limit come back into effect after obtaining priesthood? Seems a bit odd to have two separate systems for followers and priests.

In either case, I don't really see grinding faith to 30 as a problem (what does it take, a couple weeks?) and it would take me personally even longer to get there if I had to spread my gameplay over four hours a day (not always manageable) to get the same faith gains I can currently get in roughly 1h20min.

If anything, as Kochinac has hinted at, it's late-stage faith gains for priests that are in need of tweaking. Sermons, although probably intended to incentivize sociable gameplay, are seriously unfun tedium in my experience. There ought to be a complementary, perhaps slower and more resource-intensive way to solo a priest to 100 faith – but it should be faster, more interesting, and more challenging than just praying.

Edited by Gwyn
Bad arithmetic - changed 1h40min to 1h20min, and 'five hours a day' to 'four hours a day'.
  • Like 1

No my suggestion is removing the 5 faith a day limit for both priests and followers since their is already a restriction on thetime to pray. They could counter that by making it longer. I don't see why you'd have to wait a couple of weeks before being able to become a priest. Maybe giving followers an advantage for sermons aswell would be a good solution to this aswell since now only priests get the reset after 3 hours and their isnt rly a reason as a follower to attend a sermon.

Edited by shamflam

As a personal opinion, I feel limiting prayers to one per day, but granting faith equivalent to 5x what it currently offers (including up to 5 faith in a single pray), would be the ideal solution. This removes the need for players to feel chained to an altar for almost 2 hours praying every 20 minutes in order to be efficient. Instead, you'd pray once and be set for the day.

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, Sindusk said:

As a personal opinion, I feel limiting prayers to one per day, but granting faith equivalent to 5x what it currently offers (including up to 5 faith in a single pray), would be the ideal solution. This removes the need for players to feel chained to an altar for almost 2 hours praying every 20 minutes in order to be efficient. Instead, you'd pray once and be set for the day.

That's a smart solution Sindusk! ?

1 hour ago, Sindusk said:

I experienced this on a WU server and it does feel refreshing. Plus it makes sense. What benefit does keeping someone chained to an altar accomplish for the game, other than slowing down progress? It seems to me it punishes players more than anything.

2 hours ago, Sindusk said:

+1 to that!

And I feel the same way about meditation.

45 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

+1 to that!

And I feel the same way about meditation.

The world is about to end. Something Roccandil and I both agree on.

?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Sindusk said:

That sounds better but I imagine it would still be pain for higher stages (90-100)? How long would it take just by praying to get to 100?

7 hours ago, kochinac said:

That sounds better but I imagine it would still be pain for higher stages (90-100)? How long would it take just by praying to get to 100?

Ye but it should still take long if you dont use sermons. Sermons can get you 0,2 every 3h. This once pray for 5x is good idea @Sinduskand make it much more easier and less tedious. 

18 hours ago, Sindusk said:

since I was mainly against having 2 restrictions at the same time I support this aswell altho I feel becoming a priest itself should be faster. since like I said the real work on the priest itself starts when being a priest I dont see why it cant be instant or just take like a couple of days to progress from follower to priest.