Sign in to follow this  
TruckerGuy

Close

15 hours ago, Batta said:

Wow, this is really mean-spirited.  Servers do get hacked sometimes.  And this GM was a particularly good one.  He was very good-natured and responsive to player requests, and he worked hard to create a really nice server.  I think he deserves a lot better treatment than this.  

Servers sometimes get glitched and fall, and I feel as badly for the GM as for the players.  If he gets another one set up, I recommend that people ignore negative comments and give it a try. It is rare to find such a good GM.

I'm not talking about the GMs of the server. I was a GM of this server along with Lumen. The owner lied to me directly about being hacked on his discord server and I set a new one up for the players. He claimed to have paid for the server for three years which isn't an option on pingperfect and the server is gone 30 days after it was purchased. We already have a new server up that I've purchased out of my pocket for this great community called Genesis as Devily mentioned.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ayluin said:

I'm not talking about the GMs of the server. I was a GM of this server along with Lumen. The owner lied to me directly about being hacked on his discord server and I set a new one up for the players. He claimed to have paid for the server for three years which isn't an option on pingperfect and the server is gone 30 days after it was purchased. We already have a new server up that I've purchased out of my pocket for this great community called Genesis as Devily mentioned.

I'm with Pingperfect, and it's definitely possible to pay as far in advance as you like.

I had dealt with the owner in-game, so that's who I meant when I was talking about the GM.  He treated us all wonderfully, and it's a shame to hear him talked down.

48 minutes ago, Batta said:

I'm with Pingperfect, and it's definitely possible to pay as far in advance as you like.

I had dealt with the owner in-game, so that's who I meant when I was talking about the GM.  He treated us all wonderfully, and it's a shame to hear him talked down.

Can you stop bragging and leave this thread to be?

Otherwise a GM clean this tread. Its done.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Batta said:

Sure, maybe pingperfect does let you pay x-far in advance, that's all good and well. What isn't is lying. Saying you bought a server for 3 years, hyping up the entire community to make them believe that this server is here to stay and that nothing could possibly go wrong, only to disappear without a word (even through several contact attempts, invites to the new discord server after the original was mysteriously "deleted/hacked") is not. Everything would have been fine and well had the owner said "oh, by the way, turns out I didn't buy it for x years and it's going to shut down on x date", but he didn't. He left his GMs working on a server that he knew was going to shut down, he left his community hyped up for fun events and let them build huge deeds on the pretence that the server wasn't going anywhere, only to disappoint. ~

I don't doubt that this owner is a nice guy outside of this game, nor do I doubt that your run ins with him were absolutely wonderful. However, just because you had a good experience with him does not mean that others did and calling them "mean-spirited", quite frankly for telling the community what happened so that nobody goes looking for a server that is gone, isn't really okay. 

Thankfully, the community built on Frym remained strong, and all transitioned over to the new Genesis server without issue. If anyone is looking for a PVE server similar to this, with an outstanding community, active staff and player base, fun events and a large map to explore then Genesis is the place for you! Open to all. 

There are at least a half a dozen servers that have fallen in 2019, that were billed as "built for years of play!" or "will never wipe!"  or "stay and build a home."   Servers fall, despite an owner's best intentions. There is no reason to try to ruin someone's reputation over it.  Truckerguy has always treated me with respect and fairness; he's a really nice guy.

The more trash talk I hear (and the more unwelcome PMs I get encouraging me to hate Truckerguy) the more I think I'd love to try out Truckerguy's next server.  He is a good guy who is getting just slammed here by someone who dislikes him. That just makes me like him more.  ?

Edited by Batta

You are not getting hostile PM's, you inquired about the situation voluntarily, you got a detailed answer. And since you are bringing it into the public, I'll post the exact same message you received to any interested parties.

https://ibb.co/FJFNy0t
https://ibb.co/QjKMQtM
https://ibb.co/xCBNrLv

The literal PM history between truckerguy and myself the past week. As you can see for yourself it is read on Monday and he did not reply to anything.

The owner abandoned the server, however you see it is your own point of view. No one is sitting here saying never join Truckerguy servers again. Just explaining the exact history of what happened to Frym as it was a good server with a great community that blew up pretty quickly. The GMs on Genesis are the same GMs that existed on Frym. Again, the owner did nothing after February 5th as that is when I took over running the server as noted in the PM's in the links above due to no response from owner to this day.

This is my final message regarding this. There were no hostilities sent to you and while I always try to find the best in everyone, I'm not going to pretend that it didn't screw over 30 some odd players one month into a server just for the sake of being nice. You're welcome to check out Genesis anytime.

Everything listed after his second initial post; the website, configuration/addtional mods, were not done by him. They were performed by me. To give an actual account of the story, on Tuesday of last week the discord server was deleted. He made no outreach to Jenna or myself. I created a discord so the community was able to stay together and reinvited as many as I could spamming a message in gl-freedom on the server every 15 minutes. We were able to retain the playerbase this way. He did not have his discord settings in such a way that he could be contacted unless we were friends or shared the same server. So I elected to PM him on Wurm Online. It took a day, but he did reply that his discord account had been hacked, nothing else. I invited him to the new discord. He did not join. With the impending 30 day rental period coming up, I had a hunch that the server would be deleted. I inquired about this via PM on Wurm Online several times, invited him to the new discord server, etc. He did not reply to any of it to this date. On Friday, I attempted to login to the game server FTP to continue to work on the mods he requested to have been installed since before Tuesday, there were several so I was piece-mealing them since he didn't give me the ability to restart the server I had to wait everyday for the server restart to make sure there were no mod conflicts. However on that day, my FTP access was revoked. I announced to the Frym public what had been going on and to be wary of continuing to put effort into their deeds because my thought process was that the server would be deleted due to non-payment as of Feb 12th 2019, 30 days after the creation date of the server. 

At that time we purchased a server through pingperfect, transferred the community over leaving Jenna/Lumen as a GM and picked up another GM in the process, and then as predicted the Frym server disappeared on Feb 12th 2019. I created the website for Frym, spent hours configuring the various mods and dealt with the foolishness of a one-day server restart to see if the mods worked, worked with Lument/Jenna to cultivate the community. And in this entirety, Xaren was a no show. However, what proves that he was not hacked and something I did not release to the community so as to not discredit him entirely was that he logged in on Xaren onto the game as invisible gm power 5, though I was also 5 for about 2.5 minutes, said nothing to me despite my 7-9 PM's to him since Tuesday, and then logged off. 

So I don't know how someone who was hacked would still be able to do that. To be specific the pingperfect credentials were never claimed to be hacked, the server was never hacked, the claim was that his personal discord account was hacked and someone deleted the discord server. I find it hard to believe that is the case when: 

1. Discord is one of the most secure platforms around. Skype is not as safe as discord.

2. If one's discord account was hacked it would have to be done through email meaning email was hacked.

3. If one's email was hacked and someone took the time to delete a Wurm Unlimited Discord Server, I would highly suspect that they would also delete the servers on the FTP/gameserver/web host.

To this date my PM's are left on read on Wurm Online and there has been no reply from the owner Truckerguy aka Xaren. Nor has he disputed or tried to defend any of his actions on the forum post we have been commenting on.

Edited by Ayluin

Truckerguy is a good guy, a fair GM and server owner, and I encourage everyone to ignore meanspirited slander from people who dislike him and have made this personal. 

18 minutes ago, Batta said:

There are at least a half a dozen servers that have fallen in 2019, that were billed as "built for years of play!" or "will never wipe!"  or "stay and build a home."   Servers fall, despite an owner's best intentions. There is no reason to try to ruin someone's reputation over it.  Truckerguy has always treated me with respect and fairness; he's a really nice guy. Now I'm getting hostile PMs insisting that I should hate him, which just shows the extent that some will go to ruin a good person.  It would have been enough to come here and say "the server is gone."  There's no need to try to destroy his chances of having another server that is well-attended.  I would have happily come to check out Genesis, except it seems like the GMs are terribly unjust and meanspirited, and I'd hate to see what happened if I ever looked at them wrong.  You're making this way too personal. It's juvenile and ridiculous to make this about Truckerguy (or now me).  The server's gone. Let players feel however they want to feel about that, without trying to tell us all what we're supposed to think, and who we're supposed to hate over it.  It's a game, ffs.

The fact that you are making assumptions regarding our server and indeed our morality and personalities proves to me that you are in fact the one who is being mean spirited and unjust. We were screwed over, to say the least. It is only fair we get the right to be upset about it. We spent hours and hours of our time working on a server on false promises. The GMs spent countless days working on the server all for the community, so much so that it hindered their actual in game time for their own player accounts. You inquired about the server, you didn't like the answer you were given, you spun falsities regarding the nature of the PM that you asked for. 

As said above, I do not doubt that your experiences with Xaren were fantastic, nor do I doubt that he is an outstanding chap outside of game, nor do I doubt that he is the cherry on top of a very large ice cream sundae. In fact, he is probably santa claus under cover, and maybe the reason he disappeared is because he was making toys for all the good boys and girls. I also have no issues with people closing down servers, or servers simply expiring - what I have issues with is lying to your community, or not giving explanations to those who gave up their time to make the server as successful as it was. Because everything revolves around the community. 

Lumen and Revelation are two of the kindest people I've met, who continually go out of their way to ensure the community and it's players are well looked after - giving up their own game time to ensure that any issues people have are resolved swiftly and without complication. To make assumptions of them, without dealing with them directly, is incredibly childish of you. That's all I will say on the matter.

I hope you have an outstanding day, I can't say you'd wish the same for me. 

5 minutes ago, Kauket said:

I hope you have an outstanding day, I can't say you'd wish the same for me. 

No, I definitely hope you have a good day. My entire point is that it's wrong to make this personal. I have no reason to wish you ill.